It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Romney still running?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

What is annoying is he says 47 percent that vote for Obama vote for him because they are reliant on government and lazy (and whatever other disparaging remarks he made), but that's not so true. In reality a large percentage just don't like Romney, or the GOP candidates.

I think the GOP is trying to throw this one or at least not trying very hard. They put out a bunch of lame candidates because it's hard to go against an incumbent and they are saving their big names for the next cycle when Obama is gone. They will undoubtedly throw a Jeb Bush in the mix.. which is scary.

Hopefully the liberty party will be a legit party within the decade so we can split this 51 49 two party garbage. If there were just ONE other contender candidate everyone would have to pay a lot more attention and politics would be half serious again.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Nite_wing

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Because we need him.
Simple enough?

Yes. Simple, indeed. As simple as his details for his plans to save the economy. "Just trust me and let me handle the details... " Simple enough.

With all respect on this, that's about the same as "We have to pass it to see what's in it" and the less directly quotable but no less real sense of being told that we need another 4 years of the same to expect somehow radically different results.

Obama's budget projecting outward and through the end of his assumed second term would see unemployment back down below 6% and in the range it's been most of my life prior to his coming to town. No idea how that's supposed to happen...because the White House seems about as mysterious and 'Trust Us' on their budget magic as Romney. The difference in my mind is, I've seen the White House mojo at work for 4 years and it's just lacking any magic at all. It's cursed.... The Midas touch in reverse.

Romney may be as bad.... but why is that a reason not to vote for him when JUST as bad is not better EITHER way and if it's all to be equal, Obama doesn't get 4 more years of personal high life and good times either. After all...some would suggest there is NO difference between them..and so in that thinking, I'll vote no on Obama by the personal, too.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Because we need him.
Simple enough?

OH MY LORD!!! I have now heard it all....

Yeah rich little pretty boy raised with no issues is a good fit in office......

What has this world come to??

For the record....I will vote for the trained monkey in the new planet of the apes before I vote for either one of these crooks.....
edit on 9/18/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

Sounds like you are prejudice against rich people.

Have you ever been hired by a poor person?

Also, turn on the television...That is what the world has come to.

How is that Romney's fault?
edit on 18-9-2012 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

"Rich" doesn't necessarily have to mean being a crook. What business has this man being president of the US? What qualifies him? What? NOTHING. He is a corrupt, shady crook who already has all the money a mortal could ever need - he is detached from 99% of all Americans. He is the archetypal prime example of the "bad" republican, but even worse than Bush even....Bush at least was somewhat down to Earth.

Not even good ol' Bush would have said things like that he doesn't care about the 47%...and Bush was certainly not the smartest either

edit on 18-9-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Why is he running? Because he was the last man standing. He was the one that the party chose and shoved in our face. I really don't feel any excitement for this candidate. IMO this election is just like the last with McCain. It seems inspirational.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Romney took none of his father's estate. He started on his own. Education not with standing, his built his fortune by himself. I dare say he is not a crook, (money=crook) in your book, I guess.

IF and a big if at that, he does what he says he will, we will be much better off than we are now.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I was waiting for someone to take notice.

FACT: George Romney Jr. inherited most, if not all of George Romney Sr.'s estate.

Originally posted by dakota1s2

Romney took none of his father's estate. He started on his own. Education not with standing, his built his fortune by himself. I dare say he is not a crook, (money=crook) in your book, I guess.

IF and a big if at that, he does what he says he will, we will be much better off than we are now.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Nite_wing

Because we need him.
Simple enough?

Yes. Simple, indeed. As simple as his details for his plans to save the economy. "Just trust me and let me handle the details... " Simple enough.

You mean"Simple" kinda' like: "my platform to bring "Hope(?)" and "change"(?)"to this country..
Excuse me? Hope for what? "Change" from what to what?

Yes we can!
I'm sorry; I didn't quite "get" that: ...

YES WE CAN!...YES WE CAN!...YES WE CAN!...
Wait...uh.....back to that "hope and change" thing...

YES WE CAN!...YES WE CAN!...YES WE CAN!...

"Simple" hummmphf...

edit on 18-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
I was waiting for someone to take notice.

FACT: George Romney Jr. inherited most, if not all of George Romney Sr.'s estate.

Originally posted by dakota1s2

please provide facts and sources......thats how we work here on ATS

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
rommy is still running because he knows I'm going to vote for him

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
He also made the comment that this 47% feels like they are victims. And....They are victims in a sense.

Most Americans didn't cause the financial collapse, most Americans didn't cause jobs to be shipped overseas, most Americans didn't cause their wages to drop or their standard of living to collapse...

So yeah...many Americans DO feel like they are victims...and depending on what income line you are looking from...they are correct. I am not taking sides here because I do not support either of the two party candidates. But this statement is all in how you dissect it.

Romney's damage control speech said calling American's victims was poorly stated....was it really? The financial collapse basically wiped out careers and retirements for millions of people to the tune of billions of dollars. This was either a crime of intent or criminal negligence. Either way, a nice swath of the people lost everything by no fault of their own....so... they are indeed victims. If he continued with that train of thought, he'd have to admit that unregulated and unbridled greed was the culprit...now we know he can't say that.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
rommy is still running because he knows I'm going to vote for him

Why is Obama still running?

The economy is a mess. We have $16 Trillion National Debt.

The Obama middle east foreign policies are in ruin.

Ignoring Obama's record isn't working.

Rasmussen has Romney ahead 47% to 45%.

---------
Obama should just quit right now.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Excerp From Mitt Romney says he didn't inherit money from his parents

Romney's words

We asked Romney's campaign about his claim.

"Mitt Romney's success is based on his 25-year career in business and the fact that he founded and led one of the most successful private equity companies in the world," spokesman Ryan Williams said.

That wasn't as helpful as, say, a copy of his father's will.

Nor was there any information about George Romney's financial legacy in the many obituaries for the Michigan luminary, who died in 1995 at age 88.

But Mitt Romney has addressed the question himself, it turns out, in an interview with C-SPAN in 2006. Host Brian Lamb asked him why his father hadn't given him an inheritance.

Romney answered, "Well, he didn’t have as much as I think some people anticipated. And I did get a check from my dad when he passed away. I shouldn’t say a check, but I did inherit some funds from my dad. But I turned and gave that away to charity. In this case I gave it to a school which Brigham Young University established in his honor. ... And that’s where his inheritance ended up."
According to a short history of the George W. Romney Institute of Public Management at BYU, the family provided an endowment in 1998, within a few years of George Romney's death.

So, in Romney's own words, he did "inherit some funds" from his dad. But he gave them away.

Why?

"I figured we had enough of our own," he said.

He probably did. By 1995, Romney had already led Bain Capital for more than a decade, where shrewd investments made him millions. He stepped down in 1999.

He now says he's worth somewhere between $190 million and $250 million.

Source:
www.politifact.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Why is Romney still running?

To perpetuate the myth that there is a legitimate election every four years.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Because we need him.
Simple enough?

We need the Anti-Obama. (cue dramatic music)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Because the establishment needs to present the illusion of choice.

When in-fact both Obama and Romney are establishment lap dogs. Makes absolutely no difference which one of these two are in office. Zero.

edit on 18-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

In my opinion it makes all the differance, though the results will still be the same.

A death by a thousand cuts, or a quick stab to the heart.

The former still gives you options though.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
How Jimmy Carter’s Grandson Helped Leak the Secret Romney Fund-raiser Video By Joe Coscarelli nymag.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Have you ever been hired by a poor person?

A huge number of people are employed by small businessmen. All those little businesses scattered around the country are not being run by millionaires. After business expenses, most are probably netting well below 100k if even 50k a year.

Sure they aren't dirt poor, but they are hardly the ultra rich that we are led to believe hire all the people in America.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Off topic question: if a state requires you to register republican to vote for a republican on the ballots, would one still need to register for a write in if the fellow you were voting for happens to be a republican?

I believe I have to register first but if its not required for write ins then id rather not register. thanks

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Democrats want Americans to hate business owners, Republicans want to turn Americans into business owners. That alone is enough for Americans to vote for Romney. Romney says 47% of Americans will not vote for him because Obama has fed them entitlements. He is right and he is wrong. A lot of that 47% do not want to be there. Jobs will bring that number down and Romney knows what it takes to create an environment that will create jobs.
Whether you are Republican/Democrat/liberal/conservative you can not escape the truth. America needs jobs and the entitlements afforded Obama's voters can not be sustained. Eventually the money tree will die.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Democrats want Americans to hate business owners, Republicans want to turn Americans into business owners. That alone is enough for Americans to vote for Romney. Romney says 47% of Americans will not vote for him because Obama has fed them entitlements. He is right and he is wrong. A lot of that 47% do not want to be there. Jobs will bring that number down and Romney knows what it takes to create an environment that will create jobs.
Whether you are Republican/Democrat/liberal/conservative you can not escape the truth. America needs jobs and the entitlements afforded Obama's voters can not be sustained. Eventually the money tree will die.

Voter turn out is also a factor.

The Tea Party will swing into action again just like they did in the November 2010 election

and the Gov. Scott Walker recall election.

Remember the November 2010 election ? Obama called it a shellacking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join