It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Life among You

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Serenity777

Peace to you. God does not love as we know it, nor does He hate as we know it, that is why I put an analogy. Our language is too limiting and that is the term I used. People who follow God see the love in what is written without trying to find mistakes as if they were capacious scribes. Receive the love without a skeptical filter and you will have supernatural understanding.

Peace to you

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by trysts

Peace to you. You have obviously skipped over the part that requires faith. I never said God's presence is tangible nor material. To explain it to you without re writing the bible I will explain it as follows: divine joy, divine peace, incomprehensible happiness, Love, peace; comfort in sorrow, words of wisdom, poetic inspiration, the acceptance of God in the moment without care of the past or future but only the now. And oh, the waves of Light that make me feel like I am in a lovely abyss of nothingness, of grace and security. The only downside is having to go back into a malicious world that does not understand nor ever fathom how I have just felt, because I do not even understand.
God is Love as St. John said. Infinite in beauty and peace, wisdom and being ness.

And when I have been busy for to long and have given no time to God, I grow restless. My soul feels asphyxia and craves for God. Also sin makes me feel that way.

As to where God is, He is everywhere, but He may take up residence in your heart to be beside your soul, if you receive.

Have peace o curious inquirer, and bathe in the Light that is God, and leave behind all material sentiment for what is superior.
edit on 19-9-2012 by backcase because: (no reason given)

Hmmm... Thanks for reminding me about the days when I had to go to church, backcase. Are you going to ask for a donation?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Onlyto the holy economy of love

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

I refuse your love because it is empty. I refuse it because it is a disguise, nothing more.

No. You refuse it because you are frightened. Your ego is the disguise of your fear.

(from The Method of the Siddhas, The Dawn Horse Press, 1973. Part One,
Understanding
On April 25, 1972, the date of this talk, Franklin invited devotees, disciples, students and seekers to approach him for the first time at his Ashram(1) in Los Angeles. Agroup of about 30 people assembled in a newly renovated storefront at 6913 Melrose Avenue, in a Hollywood business district. As they arrived, they were ushered into a modestly sized hall, passing through the small bookstore that faced the street. There they sat quietly, waiting for the evening's event to begin. It was on this date that his public work truly began. Before this time, prior to the creation of his Ashram, he taught only a few intimates. But since that time he has been involved in a progressive and open communication and demonstration of the way of Truth, the way of the Siddhas or "Completed Ones," who come in the forms and activities of God.
Once seated, Avatar Adi Da began to gaze silently around the room. He Radiated simplicity and ease. As He continued to sit, the room became thick with the feeling of Fullness characteristic of His physical Company.
After a few minutes, He closed His eyes and sat quite still. Some of the people in the room also closed their eyes, while others continued gazing at Avatar Adi Da. Everyone showed their respect by remaining silent and attentive.
After about an hour, Avatar Adi Da stretched His body from side to side, left to right, signaling the end of the silence.
Then he spoke in an undertone barely audible to anyone but Himself, "Who will cast the first stone?"
Then, addressing everyone in the room in a clear voice, He asked, "Everyone has understood?" As Avatar Adi Da spoke these words, the room was silent in response. Then a man near the back of the room stood up and declared that he had not understood.
QUESTION: I haven't understood. Explain it to me.2
FRANKLIN: Very good. What haven't you understood?
QUESTION: Well, you said "Did everybody understand?" and everyone seemed to understand but me. Would you explain it to me?
FRANKLIN: Explain what?
QUESTION: Well, you could start with the word "understanding."
FRANKLIN: Yes. There is a disturbance, dissatisfaction, some sensation that motivates a man to go to a teacher, read a book about philosophy, believe something, or do yoga.3
What we ordinarily think of as spirituality or religion is a way to get free of that sensation, that suffering that motivates us. So all paths, yogic methods, forms of seeking, beliefs, religion, grow out of this sensation, this subtle suffering. Ultimately, all these paths are attempting to get free of that sensation. That is the traditional goal. So all men are seeking, whether or not they are very sophisticated about it, using very specific methods, yoga, philosophy, religion, whatever.
When that whole process of seeking begins to break down, the man no longer quite has the edge of his search left. He begins to suspect himself. He begins to doubt the whole process of his search. Then he is no longer fascinated with his search, his method, his yoga, his religion, his ordinary teacher. His attention begins to turn to this sensation that motivates his entire search.
When a man begins to re cognizee, consciously to know again that subtle motivation, this is what I call "understanding." When he begins to see again the subtle forms of his own action, which are his suffering, that recognition is understanding. When this becomes absolute, perfect, when there is utterly, absolutely no dilemma, no form in consciousness interpreting the nature of existence to the individual, when there is no contraction, no fundamental suffering, no thing prior to consciousness, this is what I call "radical" understanding. It is only enjoyment.
The traditions call this enjoyment the Self, the Heart,4 God Union, Satire,5 Nirvana,6 Heaven. But it is simply consciousness. There is no thing prior to consciousness. We are not some piece of Divinity seated inside the body, that somehow must get released from the body and go back to its spiritual Home and Source. There is no such entity. The Home and Source is also the very Nature of the "entity." There is consciousness, and the apparent entity is within consciousness. So that when consciousness begins to enjoy its own state or real nature, even in the midst of conditions, even where there is life, that is true understanding. When, no matter what event appears, there is only the enjo

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
No. You refuse it because you are frightened. Your ego is the disguise of your fear.

It's apparent you've come to this conclusion knowing absolutely nothing about me. It makes me wonder what other conclusions you've arrived at in this manner.

Why is there always this instant knee-jerk reaction to conclude as quickly as possible without even first realizing that one may be wrong? This question isn't confined to any particular belief system, but to religious-natured in general. If this incessant urge to judge wrongfully is a prime example of what blind faith can lead to—whether it's out of laziness, expediency, convenience, or, God forbid, the suppression of one's own reason—you can keep it.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

It's apparent you've come to this conclusion knowing absolutely nothing about me. It makes me wonder what other conclusions you've arrived at in this manner.

Why is there always this instant knee-jerk reaction to conclude as quickly as possible without even first realizing that one may be wrong? This question isn't confined to any particular belief system, but to religious-natured in general. If this incessant urge to judge wrongfully is a prime example of what blind faith can lead to—whether it's out of laziness, expediency, convenience, or, God forbid, the suppression of one's own reason—you can keep it.

I have read the whole thread, maybe you should read it all and you might see that it is you who has judged and dictated and fought stongly for an arguement. To say that someone has come to a conclusion of you without knowing anything about you is laughable - you have exposed yourself quite openly on this thread.

"Why is there always this instant knee-jerk reaction to conclude as quickly as possible without even first realizing that one may be wrong?"

You have been saying that the OP is wrong all the way though this thread!! Just because you do not know anything of God you assume that you are right and others are wrong.
The human condition is fear driven and fighting and flighting is the action of the ego.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

To get to know God's Presence and Spirit, you must empty yourself and release hatred, misconceptions, and grudges against those who hurt rather than help.
Very beautiful words in order to do this the soul must be pure as the body must be clean.

The flesh is the one that cannot let people to get close to God these days.

We are made of flesh but we came from dust therefore our sins are in flesh and in dust they shall go.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

The soul is already pure. The soul cannot be anything but pure.
It is just the thoughts that appear that makes one believe otherwise. All thoughts arise out of purity - it is just that the thoughts are believed and the place they arise from is not noticed.
Every thing (including thought) arises from the one soul.

The soul is like the ocean and everything that arises is like the waves upon the ocean.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

To want to argue and to want to fight is the human condition.
God cannot be proven - God can only be known.

You have read something and you have somehow percieved it as a commandment.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

God cannot be known. God can only be imagined.

What I read was a man telling people how they should live.

God is the only thing (although it is not a thing) that is not imagined.
God does not make an appearance, God is what sees and knows the appearance.
The truth is hidden in plain sight. All seeing, all knowing and everpresent.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Peace to you. We already know that the misanthrope is a hypocrite, he has spoke many things in different threads which contradict his sayings too, but remember "beware the yeast of the pharisees", means to look out for their hypocrisy. But leave him be and do not worry because ridicule does not save souls. Love your enemies also because it is perfection of love. It is through love that many conversions will be made.

The soul is subject to each thing the body throws at it. Smoke can fog it as it does a glass. Satan can carve his awful signature into it, as what happens when people give over their souls for satisfaction of desire. We must clear our bodies first, then our minds, and if we have the chance our souls. This may sound easy, but oh! What a process.

Read the book Dark Night of the Soul of you wish to understand the process more

Peace to you again, be at ease, for your purification is just beginning.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

It is ok i need not be saved.
I am found.
Bless you Backcase.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Peace to you again, my dear friend. Have you not judged me throughout my entire thread? You say it is the religious that do it but you have done it maliciously. This thread shows your constant hypocrisy, and you act as if you are a Pharisee, but you can always change, you can always be forgiven. And with the uprooting of hatred, start with pride, who loves to always place his own intellect on high.

May grace come to you and give you understanding, my malflousious friend.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I have read the whole thread, maybe you should read it all and you might see that it is you who has judged and dictated and fought stongly for an arguement. To say that someone has come to a conclusion of you without knowing anything about you is laughable - you have exposed yourself quite openly on this thread.

"Why is there always this instant knee-jerk reaction to conclude as quickly as possible without even first realizing that one may be wrong?"

You have been saying that the OP is wrong all the way though this thread!! Just because you do not know anything of God you assume that you are right and others are wrong.
The human condition is fear driven and fighting and flighting is the action of the ego.

You should re-read sir. Did I attack them as people? Did I call them names? Did I shame their religion? No, I shamed their method. I shamed the way the OP was seducing others into believing what he believes.

They called me scared, they called me Pharisee, atheist, hateful, without love, a sad, deceitful and empty soul etc. etc. etc.

I said the OP was wrong because he hasn't provided any argument for his case. Did I do it through this whole thread as you claim? No. I said it once. Once again, I prove that others are too quick to judge. So please, re-read and think before you type.
edit on 20-9-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Peace to you again, my dear friend. Have you not judged me throughout my entire thread? You say it is the religious that do it but you have done it maliciously. This thread shows your constant hypocrisy, and you act as if you are a Pharisee, but you can always change, you can always be forgiven. And with the uprooting of hatred, start with pride, who loves to always place his own intellect on high.

May grace come to you and give you understanding, my malflousious friend.

I cannot judge someone I never met, nor care not to. I judge only your words.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

God is the only thing (although it is not a thing) that is not imagined.
God does not make an appearance, God is what sees and knows the appearance.
The truth is hidden in plain sight. All seeing, all knowing and everpresent.

More assertions. Nothing but guesswork. Seductive words that work only on easily seduced people.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You have not thrown me a rope, you have thrown me a noose and some shackles and attempt to shame me for not wearing them. Yes I refuse your empty gifts, you vain, slavish, and tyrannical soul.

Good luck.

edit on 20-9-2012 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

peace to you again and always. is this not a judgement for my soul which has opened itself to you? Your words give you the lie, and I can rightfully call you a hypocrite. Those who live in the dark get exposed by the light, and that is what has happened. I ask that you do not run from the light to be in an even darker place, but that you accept it, and let it fill you because the truth is what matters. Why be brought down by lies and hatred when you can fill yourself with truth, light, and love? Fill the emptiness of your soul. I do not force you, but only ask you to consider the Love that is calling you.

peace to you

oh and im new to this site and not that good yet with these gadgets

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You have not thrown me a rope, you have thrown me a noose and some shackles and attempt to shame me for not wearing them. Yes I refuse your empty gifts, you vain, slavish, and tyrannical soul.

Good luck.

This was a direct response to :

" I love you, o sad and despised, ignored and neglected soul, "

If you can dish it out yet not receive it, you shouldn't have judged me in this manner in the first place.

But, nonetheless, for stooping to that level, I apologize.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

peace to you again and always. is this not a judgement for my soul which has opened itself to you? Your words give you the lie, and I can rightfully call you a hypocrite. Those who live in the dark get exposed by the light, and that is what has happened. I ask that you do not run from the light to be in an even darker place, but that you accept it, and let it fill you because the truth is what matters. Why be brought down by lies and hatred when you can fill yourself with truth, light, and love? Fill the emptiness of your soul. I do not force you, but only ask you to consider the Love that is calling you.

peace to you

oh and im new to this site and not that good yet with these gadgets

I am full of light my friend. My soul is not empty. These sorts of claims to the contrary boggle my mind. Call me whatever you wish if it makes you feel more soulful, more complete, more superior. But when you dogmatically order—not ask, or plead, or advise, but command—know that I will be there defending my brothers and sisters right to choose on their own accord, free from the authority and tyranny of another.

If you're new to this site, you're doing very well already. Expect opposition when you write here. I dare not attack you personally, but others may not be so kind. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I am full of light my friend. My soul is not empty. These sorts of claims to the contrary boggle my mind. Call me whatever you wish if it makes you feel more soulful, more complete, more superior. But when you dogmatically order—not ask, or plead, or advise, but command—know that I will be there defending my brothers and sisters right to choose on their own accord, free from the authority and tyranny of another.

If you're new to this site, you're doing very well already. Expect opposition when you write here. I dare not attack you personally, but others may not be so kind. Good luck.

I have been reading with much attention this whole thread.

I believe it was unfair of the OP to call you a hypocrite, as all you have done is to stand by what you believe and provide arguments consistent to your worldview.

However, there is something that in all earnestness I would like to ask you, Mr. Misanthrope.

You have said that your soul is not empty, therefore acknowledging that you have a soul, which by definition is immaterial, timeless, eternal. Something not of this world but somehow stuck in it.

My question would be how can you believe you have a soul, yet not believe in God? I think there is an implicit contradiction there.

If you believe in a soul, if you are coherent enough, believing in God should be but a natural and logical conclusion. For how can you believe in a soul, yet not believe in a metaphysical entity creating it (whether that "entity" be God, the "Universe", an "elan vital" -it's name is irrelevant).

As the saying goes, deep down, at the long end, there are no atheists in the trenches.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join