It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Life among You

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Peace to you. I do not understand why you say I am commanding you to do anything. Like you said, you have free will and may choose not to take my spiritual ADVICE. I am not holding you against your will forcing you to say "Jesus is Lord", although you try to make it seem like I do. What I wrote was not imperative because there is no other way to write what I have wrote, because it is entirely spiritual and goes along according to the process. But you can always choose not to do the process, so I overstep no one's free will, yet in the last reply you have given, me you threaten me not to post any more. This is hypocrisy, and do not care what others may say because "mercy always triumphs over judgement", neither do I worry what anyone may do to me because I shouldn't fear what kills the body, but only God, Who has authority over my soul. If I declared what my Beloved God wants me to declare I shall have no fear because, I KNOW, He is with me.

Mercy to you, and I have already forgiven you for trying to talk down my faith, because I have faith that God shall repay for the love I give you on His behalf.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

Peace to you, I would just like to mention that Jesus called the Pharisees much more than hypocrites and they did nothing but stand by their own stubborn thoughts and beliefs. Not only that but there is proof of hypocrisy, although I do not like to label. I could have done without it, but I have done no wrong as I wanted to call attention to that aspect of this person.

Peace to your soul

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Peace be to you too as well, brother.

I guess the yardstick with which we measure people is different. We are humans and most of what we express are opinions, not facts.

Hence, in my very humble opinion, Mr. Misanthrope is no hypocrite. He adamantly stands by what he believes in and to me, that's a measure of integrity. Very much in the way in which you have also stood your ground.

The truth (whatever we conceive that dodgy word to mean) smacks people in the face when they are ready for it. Not a second before and not a second after.

Either way, rest assured you have done your part.
So has he.

God bless.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadioKnecht

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

I am full of light my friend. My soul is not empty. These sorts of claims to the contrary boggle my mind. Call me whatever you wish if it makes you feel more soulful, more complete, more superior. But when you dogmatically order—not ask, or plead, or advise, but command—know that I will be there defending my brothers and sisters right to choose on their own accord, free from the authority and tyranny of another.

If you're new to this site, you're doing very well already. Expect opposition when you write here. I dare not attack you personally, but others may not be so kind. Good luck.

I have been reading with much attention this whole thread.

I believe it was unfair of the OP to call you a hypocrite, as all you have done is to stand by what you believe and provide arguments consistent to your worldview.

However, there is something that in all earnestness I would like to ask you, Mr. Misanthrope.

You have said that your soul is not empty, therefore acknowledging that you have a soul, which by definition is immaterial, timeless, eternal. Something not of this world but somehow stuck in it.

My question would be how can you believe you have a soul, yet not believe in God? I think there is an implicit contradiction there.

If you believe in a soul, if you are coherent enough, believing in God should be but a natural and logical conclusion. For how can you believe in a soul, yet not believe in a metaphysical entity creating it (whether that "entity" be God, the "Universe", an "elan vital" -it's name is irrelevant).

As the saying goes, deep down, at the long end, there are no atheists in the trenches.

Good question sir.

I have pondered much on the soul. People claim its existence without ever fathoming or witnessing such a thing and I often wondered why. Maybe there was something to the idea. After much thought, I've come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as an eternal immortal soul. Therefore I don't adhere to the classical definition. That being said, I don't need to eliminate the word from my vocabulary.

I defined my own soul in my last thread, which was a short story. If you care to read it, feel free.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I was going to post this in the philosophy section, because it is the philosophy of salvation, but I knew many would not appreciate that. But you are very welcome to read it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I just mentioned in another post of mine on another thread,

Jesus Christ is very present, and He is not only in the Holy Bible and in the entire human race,

The Holy Bible is the whole truth, nothing but the Truth, so help me God....

The Holy Quran contains bits and pieces of truth, mixed in with deceptions

The Hindu Vedas contains bits and pieces of truth, mixed in with deceptions....

These are Humanity's top three Holy Texts, and the closest the Human species has to truly understanding the Mind of God.

Now, if you ask, how can I believe the Quran and the Vedas contain some truths, and I don't condemn them? Well, it's not because I believe in them (I don't), it's because, as I said, they contain certain Universal Spiritual Truths.....

God is One,

Jesus Christ is God,

What is God?

God is Love, God is Compassion, God is Faith, God is Hope, God is Charity, God is Consciousness, God is Righteousness, God is Proper Judgement, God is Light, God is Love.

Any books that promote these values contain truth.

The problem with the Quran and Vedas, they have been infiltrated by the dark side.

They contain ideologies and beliefs that go against the Truth,

therefore they are not as reliable and not the entire Truth,

though I recommend anyone on a search for Truth, to check them out and research them,

in the end, Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, the Life,

You can find Jesus in almost any person on planet earth, and you can observe God by looking at the sky,

but to know God and the Mind of Christ, you must diligently study Gods Word, meditate on Him, speak to and petition Him (pray), and observe His Holy Laws - the Ten Commandments, Jesus Two Great Commandments, the Golden Rule, and of course, last but not least, the Great Commission....

God bless,

Amen
edit on 22-9-2012 by godlover25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2012 by godlover25 because: added a sentence, fixed spelling

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Do you not know that every time a man kneels to pray, God sees and imputes grace to him?

Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Get on your knees and pray,

Make it happen.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

Matthew 7:7-8 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

The only people that seem to care are those who want to assert themselves right.

As you've done with your OP? You claim to be so right that you won't accept arguments against it. This is just as fanatical as attacking embassies because of one man's crappy film of mohammed. You would have people acting out violently against those who merely say that your belief is immature and painfully naive.

Totalitarianism. Ya gotta love it.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Romans 1:20-22 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools

Romans 1:28-32 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[c] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,[d] unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
reply to post by jiggerj

Get on your knees and pray,

Make it happen.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

Matthew 7:7-8 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

No, you get on YOUR knees, slave. Your leader, the make-believe god, commands it. You have no choice but to love, fear, and worship him; or else you can just go to hell. Through him you are a beggar of forgiveness for being human - for being what he made you.

Yup, that perfect being deliberately made you imperfect. How's that for a loving god, eh? He made you to suffer through famine, disease, war, rape, addictions, the loss of loved ones, pain, guilt, shame, murder, tyranny, insanity...

Yes, yes! Get on your knees and thank god for making you an ant that he can step on anytime he feels like it.

No, I am no slave to this megalomaniac. And you shouldn't be either.

You quote from your book, so I'll quote from mine:

First Residents of Eden three chapters
edit on 9/22/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You foolish blasphemous misled child.

You know not what you speak of.

Father forgive this man, for he is quite obviously in a strong delusion,

Misled, believing in lies,

In the dark, knowing no Truth.

God have mercy on your soul and spirit.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

Atheists are exhausting, but bear your cross in patience and you will be merited.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I don't get this.

OP wishes you peace and tells you how he/she finds it through God.

Subsequent Posters take issue with that.

OP continues to explain and show people how things work for him/her.

Subsequent Posters continue to thread crap.

Wow.

Well done folks. /sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 16-9-2013 by RicketyCricket because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join