It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists, still support Obama? Obama’s DOJ Can’t Say Criticizing Religion Will Remain Legal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
www.nationalreview.com...

The exchange below, between Representative Trent Franks and Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez, occurred in late July, but is particularly relevant today. Representatvie Franks tries to extract an assurance from Perez that the Obama administration will not push a proposal to criminalize speech “against any religion.” He has a tough time doing so.

Do atheists really want to vote in a president who wants to take away our right to criticize religion? Is this how we want to lose our freedom of speech?
edit on 17-9-2012 by cetaphobic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Anyone smart enough to be an Atheist couldn't possibly be dumb enough to vote for Obama, let alone vote period.

Atheists are generally more rational and logical thinkers, and there is no logic or rationality behind playing the political game.
edit on 9/17/2012 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

Not voting is unfortunately a vote for Obama. There is no such thing as not voting.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Surprise! The joke's on us! You thought you had Constitutional Rights?

So, they're working on the First Amendment now? We know the press isn't free. They've been bought off ages ago. They print/report what they're told. Free speech? Hmm- don't think so. Say what you want, but they'll make you pay for it later.

They violated the Second Amendment in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina by sending military (not just National Guard) door to door to take away people's firearms. It was so successful they know it won't be that hard to do on a massive scale.

NDAA is working on getting rid of the Fourth Amendment. In fact, the WH just asked the US 2nd Court of Appeals to place an emergency stay on a ruling made last week by a federal judge to overturn indefinite detention- so the POTUS has the power to indefinitely detain Americans without charge or due process.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You people think you can vote for the POTUS

Wake up

Only the electoral college votes for the POTUS

George W. Bush was the first President elected in 112 years to lose the popular vote. Benjamin Harrsion, Rutherford B Hayes, and John Q Adams also all got elected losing the popular vote.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

You have a really hard time staying on topic, don't you?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Where is the rest of it?

Am I supposed to believe Romney will protect speech against religion giving the background of his religion?

This seems to be a very poor attempt to sway voters.

This thread is very misleading in its premise especially because your video cuts off before an answer is given that is satisfactory to the board.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

That guy Perez sure was stuttering, stammering, and evading wasn't he ?

Just after the Muslim Brotherhood was demanding ..............

Muslim Brotherhood website demands that West criminalize ‘assaults’ on Islam

The Muslim Brotherhood says Western nations should outlaw anti-Islamic material and at the same time preserve freedom of speech.

Their statement included references to laws that condemn anti-Holocaust materials.

The statement also condemns violence against US interests.

Hmmm. How "Politicized" is the statement?

Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

Well free speech is gone we just have the illusion of it. I thought just about everyone knew that.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Not voting is a display of discontent with the political system.

Obama is going to win this election, the media networks have already done enough to assure that.

I just refuse to play a rigged game, it's an insult to my intelligence.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

It's a display of discontent that has no effect on anything, no one is going to know about, and no one is going to care about. It is a vote for whoever you hate most. You are not proving anything, because even if no one voted, a president would be elected.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Atheists, still support Obama? Obama’s DOJ Can’t Say Criticizing Religion Will Remain Legal

I would hope non-believers as well as believers would find any kind of cap on freedom of speech to be equally offensive to All...

Anyways, this is probably just another zionist mind game to stir the pot...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
Anyone smart enough to be an Atheist couldn't possibly be dumb enough to vote for Obama, let alone vote period.

Atheists are generally more rational and logical thinkers,, and there is no logic or rationality behind playing the political game.
edit on 9/17/2012 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

I suppose with statements like that you should've thrown in "ignorant" and "judgemental" or maybe "superiority complex". Im not even religious and I find that to be an ignorant remark thats frankley discrediting to the case Athiests attempt to make, its more of slander than any sort of factual comment. But it is a free country. Hell if Chic-fil-a can make ignorant commentas based on old religion, new "religions" like athieism may as well hop on the bandwagon. (Yes chic-fil-a is off topic but struck me as slightly relevant to my point, maybe a little off but its been a long day plus typing on a cell while walking a dog in the dark is quite distracting and difficult.)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JABERWOCKYSUPERFLY

Atheism a religion?

edit on 17-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: More laughs

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It is my only way of showing civil resistance against a system I just don't believe is honest.

Yes, a president is going to be elected regardless of what I do, but when the day comes where enough people simply refuse to vote, that will send a message to TPTB that WE are done playing their game. As long as people keep lining up at the ballot boxes thinking they have a choice, we have no chance at a revolution that is desperately needed.

Give me one good reason why I should waste my time supporting a system that I know is rigged, I'd rather spend that time making money or with my family.

If voting makes you feel like you have a say in things then go ahead and fluff up your own ego, I came to terms with it along time ago that my opinion does not matter in the grand scheme of things, and therefore I choose to be more productive with my time.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JABERWOCKYSUPERFLY

You are severely misinformed, Atheism is not a religion.

It is the refusal to accept a claim that something exists without being proven first.

It is rational, it is logical, it is sane.

If we were to accept all claims without proof, we would believe in flying tea pots, spaghetti monsters and unicorns.

Maybe you do?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I could very well be wrong, but I think this originated in the UN???

doesn't matter, really...
law or no law, any religion that tries to remove my rights as a human on the basis that I am a female, and make me a subservient to men will find me challenging them.....and I really ain't looking at the moslems when I say that....

I said this on another thread, and I will say it here....
I believe that religions are meant to evolve with the people, and, not being able to challenge it, well....
it will hinder that evolution. if it wasn't for people questioning and challenging the relgions, we would still be living on a flat earth, hunting down witches, and not being able to read the actual words in the bible.....

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The old saying goes...You Can't Complain If You Don't Vote...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
When the Obama administration comes out and officially declares that crticsizing religion will be considered a crime, then that's when I'll change my vote. As of now this is another attempt to smear the administration and sway voters towards Romney.

My vote is staying with Obama.

Try again.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Where is the rest of it?

Am I supposed to believe Romney will protect speech against religion giving the background of his religion?

This seems to be a very poor attempt to sway voters.

This thread is very misleading in its premise especially because your video cuts off before an answer is given that is satisfactory to the board.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

He had plenty of chances to answer the question.

It's not a difficult question, either.

Two choices, either you will NOT make any law against speaking out against religion, or you will. That idiot could have simply said "NO, we will not make any laws against speaking out against any religion"

There is no gray area. If you are making threats, that's already illegal, so doesn't need to be discussed. Either you are free to speak out against religions, or you aren't.

Sad state of affairs for this country.

When will people see how evil these idiots are who lead this country.

And please, if you are some conservative don't think this shows how bad the left and how good your side is. Your BOTH terrible. The left and the right are nothing but trash that needs to be taken to the curb.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join