It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House demands military prisons for Americans under NDAA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Now the plan seems to be coming into view. All of the outrage in the ME over that movie has been purposely manufactured. Those incidences of violence are going to be staged on US soil next and Obama is in a hurry to strengthen the outrageous powers afforded to him under NDAA so he can begin the round up.

White House demands military prisons for Americans under NDAA

The White House has asked the US Second Circuit Court of Appeals to place an emergency stay on a ruling made last week by a federal judge so that the president’s power to indefinitely detain Americans without charge is reaffirmed immediately.

“A Department of Homeland Security bulletin was issued Friday claiming that the riots [in the Middle East] are likely to come to the US and saying that DHS is looking for the Islamic leaders of these likely riots,” Afran tells Hedges. “It is my view that this is why the government wants to reopen the NDAA — so it has a tool to round up would-be Islamic protesters before they can launch any protest, violent or otherwise. Right now there are no legal tools to arrest would-be protesters. The NDAA would give the government such power. Since the request to vacate the injunction only comes about on the day of the riots, and following the DHS bulletin, it seems to me that the two are connected. The government wants to reopen the NDAA injunction so that they can use it to block protests.”

It’s quite obvious what we have to look forward to, folks. It’s coming very soon to a neighborhood near you!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
My feelings are that if this is needed in a true emergency, he doesn't need their permission. If it isn't a true emergency, HE doesn't need to worry about it anyway. This isn't how America works...and he's being thrown out on his butt in a couple months to make that point.

King Barry needs to take a breather......all he is doing, at every turn, is pissing people off. Isn't he even mildly interested in this re-election thing or has he got other plans? Seems mighty unconcerned for a man about to face the wrath of unemployed and pissed off voters.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Its all the start of the new world order poking its head out and revealing itself. The Patriot Act, NDAA and others like it are the laws that will bring this country to its knees and remove your rights. Its happening right now and most Americans are oblivious to it. Its scary to think an American citizen can be snatched off the street and held without due process for as long as they want.

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
First, they came for the Arabs but, I didn't complain because I wasn't an Arab.

Then...

Hey wait, someone's kicking in my door, be right back..........

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Clearly the answer is to elect Romney.

I'm sure he would never use the NDAA to detain an American Citizen!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
When and IF they break the law they can be arrested without need for the NDAA and preemptive detention..
This"stinks"and it's unnecessary..
edit on 17-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UdonNiedtuno

Their plan is quickly falling into place.

I think the only force capable of stopping what’s about to happen in this country is…. ‘WE THE PEOPLE’…..

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So the White House is demanding a privilege to go out and arrest people for non crimes they haven't committed yet?

This privilege should be denied.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Ya gotta love how this POTUS lies! He SAYS he is not for US citizens being detained without trial, but yet his admistration is going after this judge for stopping it?????

So he is a liar, or what????????

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

just because the WH is using this event to push an agenda forward, doesn't mean the event was created by them...but it could have been!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
So the White House is demanding a privilege to go out and arrest people for non crimes they haven't committed yet?

This privilege should be denied.

~Tenth

Of course they are. DHS is also starting a new program that will promote citizens turning in other ‘suspicious’ citizens in an effort to protect us from domestic terrorist attacks and keep us safe.

Take a look at who these would-be terrorists are:

Reported last month in mainstream media was the premise that the DHS had reason to believe there was a reasonable supposition that radicalized extremists could threaten shopping malls. Federal and local law enforcement was on alert that Middle Eastern Islamic militants or rightwing extremists could and most likely would threaten a shopping mall to instill fear into the general public.

The Southern Poverty Law Center who is sponsored by the FBI and the Zionist-controlled Anti-Defamation League both reported that militia groups in the US had risen to 824 and that there was an intensification of racist hatred by white supremacists in militia movements.
link

OF COURSE…..RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS AND MUSLIMS!!

Don’t think for a minute NDAA won’t be used to round up non-Muslim Americans, too. It's no coincidence the term "right wing extremists" was left out of their plea to the courts because that language would never fly.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I demand a shark tank for the current PoTUS and Vice PoTUS,
effective immediately! Then every congress and senate worker will be thrown
in when found corrupt. Next all corrupt government workers.

Clean this country up quick, no need for NDAA prisons
for citizens needed then, the terrorist and traders will have been eradicated

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The problem a lot of the time, is that we focus on what these government agencies are doing, as opposed to what our lawmakers provide them with as privileges in legislation.

In order to solve this problem, we need to go back to the root. Strip these agencies of any authority they hold over the common, law abiding people. Then focus their efforts in finding,investigating and prosecuting real criminals.

IMO if elected officials were serious in their attempts to preserve our freedom, the following would happen:

Every time something like this came up, legislation from those representatives should appear, containing re-valuations of that agencie's priorities, mandates and access to resources/privileges.

A government should forever be worried about centralized power in any branches of itself.

~Tenth
edit on 9/17/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by UdonNiedtuno

Their plan is quickly falling into place.

I think the only force capable of stopping what’s about to happen in this country is…. ‘WE THE PEOPLE’…..

Dear god I hope this isn't the case. We The People are kinda busy/tired/apathetic/lazy/clueless to be saving their own asses right now. Can't someone else do it? Yawn.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I also think we should demand to know what was built under the White House.......while we're talking domestic security, excesses and our wonderful Executive Branch. If that was a GIANT command center, we need answers for what it's intended to command. If a bunker, what is expected that things like the NDAA are needed for arrests where previous laws won't work and new friggen SUPER-bunkers are built where the leadership never felt the need for that much protection before.

..There is a disturbance in the force... mmm... Yes.. (and I'm only half kidding with the laughing half falling silent quick)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think the evidence speaks for itself.

The POTUS wants to authority to detain Americans indefinetly ( illegal) to stop them from using their right to protest, which is a right, and in no way illegal.

What could be the point? What do they gain?

It isn't to stop legal protests, it isn't to stop any legal action before it takes place.

The only conclusion I can see that makes sense is easy enough to see.

We the people have had quite enough. When, not if, when this kicks off we will see somthing that hasn't been seen since the 60s, mass unrest, that will not subside until we finally rid ourselves of these scumbags, once and for all.

They know it, and they are scared of losing their strangle hold over the people, terrified in fact. As our wrath will be a terrible and wicked sight to behold. Remeniscent of the oldschool biblical wrath of God. For the crimes and injustices they have committed are many, and varried, against so many, that there will be no ending to the peoples wrath as long as even one of them live.

It is a purge they fear, for it is coming. To remove them once and for all, freeing men to find their own destinies.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

While I don't agree with the new powers the corrupted govenrment has given to themselves over the people when our constiution garantee that a govenrment is run by the people, if riots spread in the US by Islamic fundamentalist what do you suggest, let them burn our cities and kill americans in hatred because their believes, that actually undermind our constution?

Anybody in America that will instigate violence because of what is going in the middle east, in my mind is on an agenda to harm those that will no bend to them.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
They are going to round up the Arab Americans just like they did the Japanese Americans in ww2.

The stench of ww3 is here.
edit on 17-9-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by UdonNiedtuno

sadly, i agree

oh he will,
it's just that when he f's over the wrong person or group,
and is dealt with, according to the declaration of independence's recommendation for tyrants, nobody will cry "that's racist"which would push a looooot of folks buttons,and trigger kneejerk reactions], and it wont touch off a race war, which is what the current POSUS's handlers seem to be trying to provoke
instead it'll be the people against the government, hopefully french revolution style, minus The Terror, of course.

not that i'm for violent revolution, a universal refusal to pay taxes would accomplish a lot more, but if the psychopaths-in charge make peaceful solutions impossible...

edit on 17-9-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

reply to post by seabag 

While I don't agree with the new powers the corrupted govenrment has given to themselves over the people when our constiution garantee that a govenrment is run by the people, if riots spread in the US by Islamic fundamentalist what do you suggest, let them burn our cities and kill americans in hatred because their believes, that actually undermind our constution?

You make a good point and obviously I'd want the situation handled. 

One big problem I have is that they are already labeling large groups of Americans terrorists (right wing extremists). I have a feeling that a lot of innocent Americans are going to be accused, tried and convicted by TPTB without constitutional protections. They've already been successful at pitting us against each other. I think we'll see more of that in the coming weeks and months. 

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join