It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House demands military prisons for Americans under NDAA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by RealSpoke
EFF the republicans in congress who wrote the NDAA, eff any democrat that voted for it, and eff Obama for signing it.

Yah the Democrats are great at pretending they are not for something. Like the Patriot Act for instance. I didn't see President Obama veteoing that bill did you?

Conservative WRITE the bills,

They actually sit down and spend MONTHS coming up with this stuff.

killfile.newsvine.com...
Joe Biden claimed to have written the original Patriot Act after the Oklahoma bombing. The basis for the bill was written long before Bush even got in office and it wasn't written by the republicans. Most Democrats voted for it before they voted against it, when it became politically expedient for them.
becoming law and being passed while he lobbied intensively to pass the health care bill. Can you explain this to me?

Also can you explain to me how it is that the TSA enhanced pat downs and backscatter machines both happened under Obama?
Oh wait you love Unions right?

edit on 18-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The whole point is that you were trying to make it sound one sided, that only democrats that did these things, when in reality it is the republicans that are the ones voting AND creating such horrible tyrannical bills. Without republicans pushing these bills into play, they wouldn't exist.

edit on 18-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

And? Republicans still wrote the Bush bill. Republicans wrote the NDAA. Republicans put the Homeland security bill through congress. The TSA wouldn't exist without HS.

while he lobbied intensively to pass the health care bill.

What healthcare bill? Obamacare? You know the single mandate plan that was created by a conservative think tank and first implemented by Romney?

Your partisanship is making you deny reality. Republicans do these things, not just democrats.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by UdonNiedtuno
Clearly the answer is to elect Romney.

I'm sure he would never use the NDAA to detain an American Citizen!

Welllllll, Obama's proven HE WILL.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I think you have it wrong. I don’t think, and I can’t believe anyone else would, that barack hussien Obama would lock up any Islamic terrorist. Maybe an American trying to protect his family, but not a muslim terrorist. I do believe he wants riots, so he can declare marshal law and stop the election. Then we’ll have a third world muslim dictator, just like the other third world countries.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
EFF the republicans in congress who wrote the NDAA, eff any democrat that voted for it, and eff Obama for signing it.

The thing is- and apparently it needs to be repeated- the NDAA was a BI-PARTISAN bill. It was drafted/written by John McCain (R) and CARL LEVIN (D). Seriously, to pretend that it is only the Republicans screwing us over and the Democrats are just going along for the ride is ignoring the truth. Our POTUS INSISTED that indefinite detention be put in, or he'd veto. In other words, Obama made it worse, and it was bad enough already.

Honestly, the mental gymnastics it must take to be a Republican or a Democrat, must expend way too much energy that could be put to better use.

If people don't believe it, then they need to do their research.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
"Let the ruling classes tremble at a communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries, unite!" - Karl Marx

"When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right." - Victor Hugo

"We have two American flags always: one for the rich and one for the poor. When the rich fly it means that things are under control; when the poor fly it means danger, revolution, anarchy." - Henry Miller

"You can never have a revolution in order to establish a democracy. You must have a democracy in order to have a revolution. " - Gilbert K. Chesterton

And on those great quotes, I bid you farewell.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

The thing is- and apparently it needs to be repeated- the NDAA was a BI-PARTISAN bill. It was drafted/written by John McCain (R) and CARL LEVIN (D). Seriously, to pretend that it is only the Republicans screwing us over and the Democrats are just going along for the ride is ignoring the truth. Our POTUS INSISTED that indefinite detention be put in, or he'd veto. In other words, Obama made it worse, and it was bad enough already.

Ironically, I hear every day from some of the same people about how there is no difference between the right and left. If this is true, why are they compelled to rush to Obama’s defense and point fingers?

Both parties are guilty….we get it…..now let’s address the problem itself.

In another bit of irony, Judge Forrest, who blocked NDAA's indefinite detention, was actually appointed by Obama!

The Obama administration had some harsh words Friday after a federal judge appointed by Obama said the government doesn't have a right to indefinitely detain anyone even remotely associated with terrorist groups.
link

It’s scary that any POTUS is arrogant enough to believe government has the “right” to indefinitely detain an American citizen. I thought Obama was a lawyer?

edit on 18-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I smell martial law. Putting together the numerous pieces of the puzzle such as 14 billion rounds of ammo bought for Homeland Security, the Muslim Brotherhood in the White House, the recent 9/11 debacle and numerous other things the White House has done in the last few years it is likely.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia
I demand a shark tank for the current PoTUS and Vice PoTUS, effective immediately

Wouldn't that be a bit redundant?
They've already jumped the shark.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I am not sure but you can be awfully wrong. The USA is held hostage by a powerful group of people with an agenda. During elections their puppet comes with ideas and promises which are all you want to hear but.....

This two party sytem is perfect to control .... everything.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

LOL That actually made me laugh out loud! Thanks.

Yes WILLARD THE RAT SAVE US FROM THE OBAMANATOR! they will get you either way...

...wait why you putting cuffs on me...wait why you throwing me in this cell...because I voted for Ron Paul? LOL
edit on 18-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

They need to put us SOMEWHERE after America's cities are nuked. Why put a foreign-born, America hater in the White House? So he could fiddle while our country burned.

Please pray to God to fill and surround our country with His light. See His shield over the United States, so the ICBMs fall harmlessly into the oceans, inert. Pray for the healing of the minds of those who would do this - they are unbelievably sick.

All that we're seeing in the news now is a bunch of false flags that are leading to an excuse to turn the missiles toward US - not to Iran, and not to Israel. We don't want them to be hit, and we don't want to be hit either. What I'm thinking is that The Powers That Be will use the chaotic time after the nuclear attack to take people away. Please pray for His intervention, and please ask Him to cleanse our hearts, minds, and spirits, so we are in a better position to receive all His blessings. Thank you in advance for your help, and God bless you!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So, since the US is turning into the "Evil Empire" of Star Wars. Then the question is ...

Is Obama, Darth Vader or the Emperor?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think im going to stock up on 223 ammo. Sounds like the s is planned to h the f.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yes it all does seem to be coming all at once. And I agree that nobody takes the time to even care about who gets elected or not. It is all heading towards the same thing. ( I refer to "all" and "this" and "elected" meaning that the people will be held against there will in a once free and genuine republic.) One party wants it quicker than the other and I do not debate which does or doesn't. So I am including a song by: Leonard Cohen and sung by; Julia Christenson and Perla Bertalla which gives me a strange and ominous sense of hope. May you enjoy it as well as I or more. Peace and Love.

Enjoy

Great post and great replies.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous54321
reply to post by seabag

Please pray to God to fill and surround our country with His light. See His shield over the United States, so the ICBMs fall harmlessly into the oceans, inert. Pray for the healing of the minds of those who would do this - they are unbelievably sick.

Amen.. I agree let's all think in our hearts of peace towards those that would have our lives snuffed so that they may see a different way or like the above post that the country is filled with light and things fall in the ocean and well it's all there.

Thanks and bless you for posting this.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The government awarded the no bid contract to KBR to begin building these prisons in 2006.

Kellogg Brown and Root Press Release

Arlington, Virginia - January 24, 2006 - KBR announced today that its Government and Infrastructure division has been awarded an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract to support the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facilities in the event of an emergency. KBR is the engineering and construction subsidiary of Halliburton (NYSE:HAL).

The contract, which is effective immediately, provides for establishing temporary detention and processing capabilities to augment existing ICE Detention and Removal Operations (DRO) Program facilities in the event of an emergency influx of immigrants into the U.S., or to support the rapid development of new programs.

They're playing chess, not checkers.
edit on 18-9-2012 by METACOMET because: fxlink

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Dont you see the nwo plan. Romney bumbles so bad we reelect the worst president in american history and his opressive agenda.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join