It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GoPro Camera in Freefall -- cool vid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This is pretty cool. A skydiver loses his GoPro camera as he jumps out of the plane..and the video rolls on as the camera falls over 2 miles in free fall.

The best part is at the end when the camera is STILL WORKING and captures one of the skydiver's decent to the ground.

Worth the time...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I just threw up watching the spinning camera.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Edited? How did a freefall camera reach the ground at nearly the same time that the parachutists did? Possibly a different group of jumpers, or another GoPro publicity stunt? Made me dizzy.
edit on 17-9-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
yeah, put a stabilizer fin on that thing...would have been much more entertaining to watch..... I don't see this going very far with ATS.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

That wasn't a publicity stunt by GoPro....have you ever scene what they put out ?? their vids are incredible.... this was just some guy who forgot to clip his cam case shut and was lucky enough to get his camera back...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I think the strap slowed it down. Also, the guys ahead had a 20 second head start. I'm pretty sure this was just one of those things that happens. Definitely a good commercial for Go Pro!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

This would make good PR for the manufacturer of this camera. "Our cameras are so tough, they can survive a 2 mile freefall". LOL.

On your question, the camera will always land first before the parachutists, providing of course, their chutes opened successfully. Their descent was slowed by the parachutes while the camera fell with a constant gravitational force applied to it, hence the quicker rate of descent. Hope that helps.

edit on 17-9-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

That must be what gravity looks like. Oscillating waves....

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cwfusto
yeah, put a stabilizer fin on that thing...would have been much more entertaining to watch..... I don't see this going very far with ATS.

Admittedly, I had to skip most of the spin and go to the end to avoid getting sick myself.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Viral marketing?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Don't think so, but it still makes me want to get one!... Crappy thing I had got taken out by an unfortunate low flying bird when I was only doing 60km/h on my motorbike... Nothing left but shattered plastic and few feathers.

Got a hell of a headache out of it too! Poor bird wasn't so lucky

edit on 17-9-2012 by cahlmac because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join