It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Maintains Key Ban on Monsanto's GMO Maize Crops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I must admit that the french love of protest sometimes drives me mad- they can stop up the whole country for things I think are just not justified. They also are so afraid of new things that new technology and treatments get held up for years as they wait to see what the guinea pig americans will find out about it first.

But in some cases, I think it is justified, and I have come to see why everyone shuts up and just deals with the protests no matter what- they realize the importance that this right be protected.

The GMO stuff has been kept at bay, and in my area, a fight against fracking ensued, and the people won- it won't happen here.

Having a natural and healthy life is too important to be bought off.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

lol
it drives us French mad too, but in France this is the only way to make things go forward.
It is often used by the government to manipulate the people, e.g. they show people stranded in the train stations "because of those bloody lazy communists train drivers".

Regarding fracking, this is the next big thing in France. Well it has been big, because there's a lot of pressure from energy companies (especially French Total) to authorise fracking.
Government was leaning towards some sort of ploying (authorising some small fracking for studies purpose) but then again, big roar from the people, so it is forbidden and that's it... for now.
Biggest driver for this choice have been the videos coming from the US where you see people setting their tap on fire.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarmaComa
reply to post by Bluesma

lol
it drives us French mad too, but in France this is the only way to make things go forward.
It is often used by the government to manipulate the people, e.g. they show people stranded in the train stations "because of those bloody lazy communists train drivers".

Regarding fracking, this is the next big thing in France. Well it has been big, because there's a lot of pressure from energy companies (especially French Total) to authorise fracking.
Government was leaning towards some sort of ploying (authorising some small fracking for studies purpose) but then again, big roar from the people, so it is forbidden and that's it... for now.
Biggest driver for this choice have been the videos coming from the US where you see people setting their tap on fire.

I'll be honest, the SNCF workers tend to irritate me. Their demands seem the worst of all- as if they need the same benefits as their forefathers! Once it was hard physical work shoveling coal- now it is sitting in airconditioning pushing a button with your finger once in a while.

I used to work for Total! We fought the fracking the last year here in Ardèche, I am really glad it worked. We have a lot of underground water here and everyone has their own source. Our tap water isn't treated at all and fracking could be a big danger.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join