It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Maintains Key Ban on Monsanto's GMO Maize Crops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

France Maintains Key Ban on Monsanto's GMO Maize Crops

www.activistpost.com

In another massive victory against Monsanto and the spread of genetically modified crops, French Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayraul has announced that the nation will be maintaining a key ban on the only remaining GMO currently allowed in Europe.

Known as Monsanto’s GMO maize crops, or MON810 maize, the original ban was brought forth back in March following the French court’s previous annulment on a November ban.

Thanks to activism by French citizens and serious political outcry, Monsanto is now effectively blocked from Europe’s gigantic marketplace.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
France Tells Monsanto to Get Lost
Blatant Corruption Exposed as EU Blocks France's Ban on Monsanto's GMO Maize
Monsanto quits as GM results announced (EUROPE)

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Way to go France!

Last year I authored a thread about a small victory where France told Monsanto to hit the road but the announcement was met with skepticism due to appeals that were still to be processed and many members did not consider this to be a victory at all.

Well, I hereby declare it a victory for the people of France.

Hopefully other nations from all around the world will finally start doing the same as France has. I was condident that Monsanto's fat wallet would have somehow officially overturned this decision due to EU restrictions, but thankfully I was wrong in my assumption.

Hit the Road Jack (Monsanto)!

www.activistpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

brilliant nice one France , power of the people, i think this is a good victory and shows what can be achieved

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

I certainly agree that it's a sign of what people can achieve if enough effort is put forth. It proves Monsanto isn't the invincible entity that most of us are lead to believe. That being said, Monsanto and it's stranglehold on various industries is no easy opponent and victories such as these will require a lot of luck and hard work combined.

The people can only take so much and it appears that the people have taken all that they can take.

Kudos France!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

yes for sure , power to the people , France is a country were the people do stick together they have brought there country to stand still many time before over various thing ,
the trucker the farmers they all block ports and roads bring everything to a stand still i just wish the British was more like that but there not in fact i wish all country's was like that

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

now why cant we learn from what they do

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just sucks from all the Venn diagrams I have seen our governments (CAN, USA) are so infiltrated by advisors and lobbyists from our tech food giants that it would be impossible even with violent uproar to unseed what has been seeded. I would love to see it happen but unlike europe money still speaks for everything in North Amerika..

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Viv'La France!
CE:
Thank you for the info.

Down with monsatan.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
Just sucks from all the Venn diagrams I have seen our governments (CAN, USA) are so infiltrated by advisors and lobbyists from our tech food giants that it would be impossible even with violent uproar to unseed what has been seeded. I would love to see it happen but unlike europe money still speaks for everything in North Amerika..

SaneThinking

You raise a good but depressing point.

Those Venn diagrams illustrate just how deep we are into this trap. As you said we are infiltrated from every direction so it will not be easy to overcome this scourge on humanity named Monsanto. Not only are our decision makers infiltrated, these companies are all affiliated via umbrella companies so it is a tangled web of corruption that we must unweave.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Down with monsatan.

I'm not a religious person, but the name fits!

Their monopoly on our food supply does seem devilish, and their control on who can do what in the agricultural industry is frightening.

These B-Tards need to go down.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
well done france on keeping the evil of monsanto out of france .... now for other countries to follow the lead set by france and rid the world of monsanto 's evil....

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Stubborn lot these French, and in this case I'm glad.

I'm happy they don't spray and plant Monsato stuff round my house. Plenty of maize here this year, mainly for cattle feed, and thankfully I'm surrounded by vines which dominate this part of France (Cognac).

I too hope other European countries and hopefully the rest of the world keep up the pressure and refuse to give in to the pesticide parasites and their biological tamperings.

Monsato is a rude word round these parts and is often met with the traditional "pffft!"

Vive La France!
La Revolution Continue.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hopefully, Monsanto and other GMO producing companies will be out of business in a few years. Monsanto produces only one kind of product and that is poison, poison of all different flavors and varieties!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I also like this little bit here:
Rootworms vs GMOs

What will be the end of Monsanto? Could it be lawsuits, new legislation, or perhaps even a tiny insect that is less than 0.10 mm in length. A new report reveals that rootworms may ultimately be what ends Monsanto’s crops, despite the biotech giant’s rampant success within the United States legislative system. Amazingly, western corn rootworms have virtually no problem gobbling up Monsanto’s modified maize crop, as they have developed a serious resistance to the very crops designed to kill them. So much so that these little critters are outpacing Monsanto’s top scientists.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Bravo! Vive la France! Vive La France!

French people are very serious about their food and they don't want any GMOs in their culinary delights!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow

now why cant we learn from what they do

Because America is too big to be that organized, and most Americans are lazy, spoiled, apathetic, brainwashed and pre-occupied with their games and social networks to pay attention.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

France is doing absolutely right.

But, as a consumer, do not buy GMO products. Select something else. Vote with your wallets. That financial power is bigger than you think.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
C'est de grandes nouvelles. Le Français est sérieux de leur nourriture et pas probablement pour laisser Monsanto et son poison viennent entre eux et leur pâtisserie.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

These are times like this which make me REALLY proud to be French!

However, I am still afraid about the future. The reasons why Monsanto was tol to hit the road, this time, are in my opinion:

1. French (and probably most EU) people are very conscious about their crops & food. France is still a very agricultural country.

2. GM crops is still seen as "Star Trek" technology: very advanced, people do not really understand it, so they are afraid of it - and yes they should be!

3. France has a revolution tradition, people tend to follow the Davids in their fight vs Goliaths (in this case a few charismatic ecologists, such a José Bové, against giant Monsanto).

4. in French people view, Monsanto = USA = evil. This feeling is going down, but we are still seeing things coming from US as a threat to our "sovereignty".

5. maybe also because right now France is overproducing crops, so what would be the use of GM crops? France sees GM as all risks & no benefits.

6. EU is not yet at the US lobby effiency level yet. We know those f*ckers from the big companies are infiltrating EU - e.g. it is a known fact that many high dudes in the EU are ex-employees from Goldman & Sachs (Draghi, etc.)

The point 6 is why I am really worried for the future.

I would like to add, that this thread is actually "serving" what I said for the Aurora shooting: France shows that you do not need guns to make your government ploy.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I wish the USA would wake up and realize that GMO's are harmful for us.

Instead, we have propaganda days before a ruling saying Organic food is not significantly healthier
than non organic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join