It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help. my 1st strange experience about 11:11

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Now taking a step further calls for practice of association as far as FORCING RECALL via your Subconscious. I can walk into a Bar and within a few minutes observe, appraise and memorize everything from the number of people I have seen to what color shoes and type they are wearing, how many male and female, who is capable of being able to defend themselves, what they are drinking and eating, how many tables and how many people at each table as well as how many at the Bar and the spacing of seats between groups if the bar is not full as well as order of male to female and many other things.

The way this is done is not by counting or using a form of association via verbal song or even association of previous memory. I do it by looking at the area from the best point to see everyone and everything...then mentally take a picture. From recall of this mental picture I can then count and make determinations. People do this EVERY DAY without realizing it. When you look at a CAR...you take a mental picture and you easily remember the car in detail. When you meat a person...the same. When you watch a movie...the same. When you look at a Dinner Plate full of food...you remember easily the size of the...let's say...Prime Rib and if it was rare and how the Mashed Potatoes were placed and the Gravy as well as Green Beans. You easily remember the aspects of a Football or whatever sport you watch...game and how a quarterback was hit. So people do it all the time. It just takes some practice but just like the Clock...your Subconscious has a PERFECT PICTURE of everything you looked at and to practice...start with a Magazine that has colorful pictures such as a Food Mag or even a Home Design Mag. Look at a picture and DON'T THINK OR COUNT....JUST OBSERVE AS A WHOLE THE PICTURE. Your Subconscious has already committed it to a PERFECT MEMORY...the object is to access the Subconscious Picture in your mind...NOT MEMORIZE via conscious thought or calculations.

Calculations come into play AFTER you are able to access the picture as a whole and then make assessments. You do this already on a smaller scale as you have a picture in your mind of the Faces of your relatives. You have a picture in your mind of your Dog or Cat or Home or Garden. It is the SAME THING...but it takes a bit of Training and the ability to LET GO. As with the Clock...and as Blue has said she wakes up ONE MINUTE BEFORE THE TIME THE ALARM IS SET...do you know why? It is so she can shut off the alarm so she will not be startled. Her Subconscious knows this! It KNOWS that 30 to 60 seconds is enough time to wake up and look at the ALARM CLOCK and shut it off before that annoying sound starts! LOL!

The Human Mind can be trained to do INCREDIBLE ACTS. I KNOW...I can do many of them...EXCEPT FIND MY KEYS AND SUNGLASSES! OR SPELL! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Saying the clock went backwards is the same as saying my recently bought R34 will be fixed if I place it before a wall and roll it backwards. All dents will recover and shattered glass will reassemble with every cm I push.

lol I looked at my clock and it´s 11:11 here

edit on 18-9-2012 by StareDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I say the clock is broken

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I don't understand all the hype about this numbers thing.....

Your brain works at so many decision/computations per second at all times so it is very aware of how long has passed or when to expect food, to sleep, etc. For every second/minute a certain number of computations have occurred so it has it's own rhythm, which can easily be compared with our 24 hour clock cycle.

Because of this clockwork precision your brain has no problem scheduling a reminder to look at the clock at precisely 11:11, especially after you've attached such a strong emotional response to it. It really is that simple.

It's the same as me not setting an alarm and saying to myself in bed "I'm going to wake up at 6:45" or "8:20". I know i will wake up at almost precisely that time.

Hope that helps to shake off the feeling that these numbers have any kind of universal significance.

Peace

EDIT: With regards to the 11:11, 11:10 thing, I'd say your mind was playing trick on you. You are so used to seeing 11:11 so that's what you saw. Your brain can't really comprehend between reality and lucidly imagined or strongly associated memories or images so you probably just thought you saw 11:11 the first time, but didn't.

Either that, your clock is broken or you're a time traveller - which do you honestly think is the most likely?
edit on 18-9-2012 by Thundersmurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
all I am trying to do here is get one thousand one hundred and eleven stars. Can you help a brother out?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

There you go mate there's............drum roll............."1"

II line........

edit on 18-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: I'll weigh in again at star #11 just to keep it real brah!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by Druscilla

So, I disagree with Druscilla. But this time, I need to hear his/her answer on something: How do you explain (or, what is the official explanation) that so many people have experienced the 11:11 phenomenon before they've ever officially heard of its definition? For a lot of people, myself included, the experience pretty much happens in a blind test where it just starts popping up, repeatedly, continuously, unceasingly.

And then it happens so much that you start researching it to find out what it could mean. You start asking friends, "Am I crazy, or have you experienced anything like this?"

Are you really going to tell me (and others) that it's still confirmation bias and we wanted to see these numbers (11:11 being the hottest, and most reported sequence) before we even knew it was a phenomenon?

I don't think you, or anyone, can answer this to my satisfaction. I am willing to hear the explanation though.

Why does this phenomenon spontaneously manifest in what is essentially a blind test? And please don't tell me that it doesn't or all credibility will be lost. Please don't disappoint us with a cop-out answer that belittles and dismisses someone else's subjective experience.

As for the OP..not sure what to say about your clock moving a minute backwards. Was it a digital clock?
edit on 17-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

For me this started with 3:33 (which really sucked in the AM) years and years ago, actually what led me to searching it on the net way back when and discovering the connection to the Masons, which in turn led me to ATS and down many a rabbit holes, but enough about my synchronicity.

Recently I have been on the 11:11 kick but just a bit before it became a meme. I just figured that is how my brain works and we all have circadian clocks in our minds whether we follow them or not. We want to add a significance where there may be none other than the clock in our head tells us look at the clock on the wall. It is synchronicity at its simplest or the roots of coincidence if you will. (Reminder myself read that book Roots of Significance).

Synchronicity an interesting phenomenon (and a great Police Album) but more typically a personal experience. We see or want to see signs or our brains want to make meaning of things in our everyday life. You see this random number and it appears all the time after that sort of like buying a Subaru and then seeing a million of them on the street (but they were there before...). The problem is slowing down our thoughts enough to filter out the garbage and listen to the meaning within us. This is all very Jungian I suppose (having only read a little in Psychology).

Of course Sting said that the Police’s final album Synchronicity was inspired by Arthur Koestler (the book Roots of Significance I mentioned) who also wrote Ghost in the Machine which is a title of another Police album that features the band members as a digital clock display…but I digress.
edit on 18-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

Have to wait 11 more months till "the launch"
I don't need any more stars all I want is a new Oort constant.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Okay, I must concede and agree with a lot of what you guys are saying about training oneself to wake up at a specific time almost on the exact minute. I've experienced this. I agree. I also have experienced the conditioning through negative reinforcement that makes us wake up practically a minute right before the alarm clock is set to go off. My alarm clock is annoying and loud as heck and I sure am sick of hearing it. My body's inherent solution is to wake up before my usual waking time. I've experienced this. I agree. I admit you have given me a very strong answer. This is what I was looking for and some of you guys have delivered (some haven't. you know who I'm sayin'
)

The human is an amazing computer! You don't have to tell me twice. But isn't it worth investigating this '11:11' file pre-programmed within so many of us? I think it is!

Now, despite my admission and agreement that a person can be so specifically trained by the clock, I still have problems with this explanation (surprised? I swear, I don't just love to argue!)

Again, why is 11:11 the default number so many people train themselves around? It can't be wired in so many people (or maybe it is! ;-)) to gawk at a couple of 1's and think it's worth seeking out several times a day. I just refuse to believe that. There are other numerical sequences I'm more 'attracted' to. And I never see those other numerical sequences. I think 4's and 8's are pretty cool. I like the way they look, the way they sound. I also like numerical sequences that are song titles. "905" is a song by The Who; "5:15" is another great song by The Who. "909" is another one of my favorite sequences because I love that Beatles song, "she'll be comin' on the one after 909!"

In fact, I'd say that's my favorite Beatles tune to sing along with and it's the song I find myself humming in the shower, while shopping for groceries, or folding laundry. Still, no 909's and 905's jumping out on me. Why not? Wouldn't I have trained myself to pay more attention to these numbers that already have important meaning to me--that I am already visually and phonetically and emotionally binded with? No such luck because it still just comes down to 11:11 for me.

And then--it would really have to come down to this: one day, as a child I saw the number 11:11 on a digital clock or newspaper or mileage sign and thought "That's a pretty number. I'm going to train myself to see this number at least 1-4 times a day not just on digital clocks, but on papers, signs, TVs, sports games etc. I'm going to train myself to wake up at 11:11 on the dot whether AM or PM. I'm going to train myself to pause DVDs on 11:11 time indexes while posting on an 11:11 thread without even being aware of it for untold years to come. And I'm going to let my subconscious handle the whole thing." And then I would've had to have shared this experience with every other person who is an 11:11 seer. The odds are getting intense! I feel like hitting the poker table!

This is getting pretty far-fetched. I certainly didn't have such a decision as this to see 11:11. I did not train myself. I can't speak for other 11:11 types, but all indications and posts seem to say that they just started spontaneously seeing it an inordinate number of times. Assigning significance to the numbers COMES AFTER THE FACT. Don't forget that point, folks. It's an important one.

The only question I have left is--who is this trainer that trained all of us to see 11:11? How did they manage to pull off the great 11:11 training caper? For so many people to choose to train themselves to see a [seemingly constant] number they didn't even care about before, in ways that astound us!, separate from outside influence, is just not making sense to me.

Anyway...I've said my piece with 11:11. I've presented my arguments and points of interest. I've always avoided posting on these threads because I know the tactics and explanations of the naysayers. But at the end of the day, the rational explanations--they just leave me reaching pretty far. Remember, the simplest explanation is not the de facto solution in all cases (it is not even so simple in this case!) no matter how much the debunkers want to say it is. I'll leave this thread here and will be ignoring other 11:11 threads in the future...

OP, I still don't know what to say about your clock moving backward--sorry for hijacking your thread.

"She'll be traveling on the one after 909/ I said move over honey 'cos I'm traveling on that line/ I said to move over once! move over twice! come on, babe don't be cold as ice! She'll be traveling on the one after 909"

edit on 18-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: edit to explain that all my many edits are just grammar fixes, re-phrasing, and nitpicks. it is the mark of a good writer!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I hope I was able to help. By the way...I have never had an experience where 11:11 was involved as far as I can recall...and I can recall a LOT! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauliflower

Care to elaborate? A new Oort constant would be nice, but won't the black hole at the center of the milky way have to settle down a bit?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
OP, perhaps there were two clocks involved, off by a minute or more, and you looked at 11:11 on one and at 11:10 on the other?

The other option is you jumped to the conclusion that it was 11:11 and did not notice the zero.

If there is indeed a message behind 11:11 it's probably that your life is so unexciting that not only do you find yourself looking at the clock all the time but also attribute special meaning to perfectly mundane events in a hopeless attempt to make things more interesting.

I see it all the time too.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legos

If there is indeed a message behind 11:11 it's probably that your life is so unexciting that not only do you find yourself looking at the clock all the time but also attribute special meaning to perfectly mundane events in a hopeless attempt to make things more interesting.

I see it all the time too.

I hope your life gets more interesting!

As for me..I have too much excitement. I'm burned out! I just want to have a good nap for the next 60 years.
edit on 19-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I just looked at the clock and it was 2:12! OMG maybe it means 24, because two twelves makes twenty-four! OMG Maybe it's a warning that I only have 24 hours to live.. OOOH noooes! :robs bank, goes to gentleman's club:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
I just looked at the clock and it was 2:12! OMG maybe it means 24, because two twelves makes twenty-four! OMG Maybe it's a warning that I only have 24 hours to live.. OOOH noooes! :robs bank, goes to gentleman's club:

Yeah this is exactly what everyone's been saying this whole thread!!!
2nd

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The Feeling in myself tells me you are on the proper course. When the darkness swells within you, please remember to stay True to yourself and your convictions. For you and all those you hold dear. Just remember that He and She and I have LOVE for you. Now, if you would be so kind to excuse me, I must Take care of my Household just as You Shall.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Today I have seen some info about timewave. it happened in 17th September, same day as i saw 11:11 to 11:10 (am)..
www.youtube.com...

anyone think my case was becoz of timewave ??
edit on 21-9-2012 by roisu because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2012 by roisu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
That happened to me before xD. I disregarded it as possible hallucination. You're mind can play tricks on you if you obsess on something too much. I wouldn't dwell on it. But if it does happen again, it would be intriguing.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm coming on the thread a little late, and I don't know if this has been posted yet. If not, you may find this information useful.
sacredscribesangelnumbers.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Real late to this thread, but from my username you can see it's the reason I joined ATS. Here's my story if anyone is still following this thread and cares to read a long-winded personal experience.

If I were simply training myself to look at clocks at certain times, then I would dismiss this entirely.

It started about 9 or so months ago. I started seeing 11:11 a few times a day, then I wouldn't see it for a few days, then it would be back for a few days. Not just clocks, receipts, order numbers, etc. I just thought it was a really common number, nothing strange about it. I didn't think anything of it at all until it stopped for almost two months. I was used to seeing it a few times at least every other day, then nothing. It was weird.

At first I would look at clocks more often to try to see it, but unless I waited by the clock and looked all the time I didn't see it. Over the course of about two months, changing jobs, having a 2 year old to raise, trying to start a side business, I had completely forgotten about it.

Until one day I saw it no less than 8 times. The first few times I was like "hey, it's back, cool..." Then a few more times and I'm thinking "ok, weird". Then a few more times and I'm seriously wanting it to stop. I had a strange feeling like it was following me. Trying to make me notice...something? The clock doesn't hit 11:11 8 times in one day, it was everywhere. A potential client wanted to meet at a coffee shop, I had to google the address, 1111. There was a grocery trip later in the day, total, $11:11. A clock in my car doesn't work, so even though its a different time of day I happen to glance at it and see 11:11. I had a magazine laying open next to the mirror in my bathroom (hooray for bathroom reading material!!!), anyway the corner of the page was right up against the mirror, page number 11, with the reflection it looked like 11 11. I really wasn't trying to see it, it was in my face everywhere after nothing for 2 months. It was a while ago now so I don't remember what all the instances were, but I remember counting them at the time and getting at least 8. It was seriously freaking me out. I remember just wanting it to stop and actively trying not to look at clocks by the end of the day.

I'm not really a paranoid guy, and not easily shaken. I try to worry about nothing, very laid back.

Then this happens. After that day I didn't see it for the next week. Like it was just turned off. Now it's back to every few days. Off and on, off and on. Like a signal, or a beacon. That day was like rubbing it in my face. First taking it away a long time so I'd notice, then freaking me out with it, then taking it away again. Not something I wanted in my life really. I also started to notice that I would see it at strange moments. When I was angry, depressed, overly elated, drunk, distracted, not thinking, just generally not considering my thoughts carefully. It seems like there's a pattern to when I notice. That's why it's so weird to me. When and how it happens.

To me it's a signal. For what I'm not sure, but I have my theories. If you strip away everything else about it, what does it do? It makes you take notice. It made me pay attention. It woke me up. The way it happened to me made me think long and hard. I started to research. I found others seeing 11:11 and was astounded that others are having what I assumed to be a very personal experience. It led to other research, and personal introspection. I've since had a spiritual awakening that my old self would have mocked. I've opened my mind, and it has actually started to change me fundamentally with respect to how I see the world and react to it. I'm happier, more empathic with others, more positive about life.

If it weren't for the effect it's had on me I still wouldn't have paid much attention. But it did something to me. Something positive and deep. I can't explain it, but now when I see it it's like an old friend. Reminding me of something I don't know yet. Or just reminding me to think. I don't know, I'm still looking for answers. Anyone else have such an experience?

Thanks for reading this insanely long reply to an old thread.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join