It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone here listen to alanis morissette?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm listening to her new album "Havoc and Bright Lights". So far it's damn good! I'm not especially prone to explaining why something is awesome, or it's intrinsic meaning, if any. Anyone hear listen to it who can explain to me why it's awesome!?!?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Since nobody else will admit it,I always enjoy a classic Alanis tune.She alright.Nice video too,gave me the shivers

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

come on out all you closet Alanis fans!

Incidentally it's an awesome record in my opinion. I'll have to give it a few more listens so I can absorb it all. But yea, she doesn't disappoint. *I recommend people go out and get it.*
edit on 17-9-2012 by ELectricalApprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hasn't she had a baby recently?
I don't know really, but there's always something about the woman that exudes spirituality and inner peace.
If anyone's cracked vibrating on a higher frequency, it's probably Alanis.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I love Alanis ever since I heard Ironic. It's her lyrics and melodic sense that really got me hooked. Not your typical pop-rock music by any stretch. She makes songs that you can relate to on a personal level. Her voice is incredible too.
Sorry to say I haven't bought a new album in years. If I do it might be hers.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Alanis rocks!!!!! Whats with all the embarrassment here admitting being a fan
She doesn't follow the crowd, has a style all of her own and her voice is up there with the best I've ever heard....

I must admit the only album I have is Jagged Little Pill, years old now...But some of my most favourite tunes are on there... You Oughta Know, Head Over Feet, One Hand in My Pocket and of course Ironic...

Love this new song, I'll be getting the new album on pay-day I reckon... I get into a rut with music a lot of the time, tend to listen to the same old stuff over & over... Always good to have some new recommendations, thanks OP

edit on 17-9-2012 by paradisepurple because: Sp.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by paradisepurple

Awesome! If you haven't heard "So-Called Chaos, or Flavours of Entanglement, check them out! Great albums by Alanis. I'm not sure if any of her albums have had the commercial success that Jagged Little Pill had, but to me, it seems she gets better and better with each album. Definitely not ashamed to be a fan of her vision.

rock on!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Hasn't she had a baby recently?
I don't know really, but there's always something about the woman that exudes spirituality and inner peace.
If anyone's cracked vibrating on a higher frequency, it's probably Alanis.

I agree! Spirituality and Inner Peace, and a soft suggestion to follow her lead, and yes, certainly vibrating on a higher frequency!

One of my fav's by her:

top topics

join