It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acoustic levitation of small beads and water drops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Pretty cool

Scientists at Argonne National Laboratory have discovered a way to use sound waves to levitate individual droplets of solutions containing different pharmaceuticals. While the connection between levitation and drug development may not be immediately apparent, a special relationship emerges at the molecular level.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
AWESOME.

Man, I love science so much.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yep.. I just wonder if sound ranges like this can be duplicated with something simpler. If so, then those legends about monks moving boulders, etc... Could just be true.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I believe scientific knowledge is cyclical. By that I mean that I believe this technology was all known to us before and we have arrived at it again, albeit the long way.

For those interested in biblical reference, see Wall of Jericho. For those interested in ancient use of sounds, see Solfeggio Frequencies (Guido D'Arrezzo - Benedict Monk), or Pythagoras' use of sounds.

Thanks for the vid OP

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Very cool to watch. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is awesome. I used to have dreams when I was much younger, of being on a circular disc, that would levitate and move in different directions, based on the type of humming I did to navigate it. Haven't thought about those dreams again...until you posted this. Thanks for the memories...and new questions....

Des

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
I believe scientific knowledge is cyclical. By that I mean that I believe this technology was all known to us before and we have arrived at it again, albeit the long way.

For those interested in biblical reference, see Wall of Jericho. For those interested in ancient use of sounds, see Solfeggio Frequencies (Guido D'Arrezzo - Benedict Monk), or Pythagoras' use of sounds.

Thanks for the vid OP

The last time we built weapons with this and other technology and destroyed ourselves. Will it be different this time? We'll see.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
History? Never repeats.

I tell myself, before I go to sleep.

Don't say the words you might regret, I've lost before you know I can't forget...

Deep in the night, it's all so clear, I lie awake with great ideas

Lurking about in no-man's land, I think at last I understand...

new topics

top topics

join