It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noise in the 30-40 kHz range

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Where as what I'm talking about is something so high pitched that it isn't even funny. And yeah, I tried walking over to the transformer arrays etc. It isn't coming from them... its uniform over a large, large area. I find it interesting; how many sock puppets are on here btw.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You are absolutely right about some people being able to hear more than others. I always knew I had great hearing ability, but when I joined the military it was actually confirmed. I took the test everyone takes at Meps, plus I got tested after basic again, although they didn't test anyone else who was in my squadron that I know of.

Anyway, ever since I was little, off and on, every couple of months or so, I would hear a pretty high-pitched tone that no one else could hear. I always just figured my hearing was bad when I was younger, but obviously that wasn't the case. I then assumed I was hearing blood pumping through my ears or something, but now that doesn't really fit either.

I do know that I hear these sounds more nowadays than I did when I was a younger dude. Also, it seems my geographic location has an effect on how often I hear these sounds. For instance, at my secluded home here in Texas, I only hear the sounds every 2 or 3 months or so it seems like. But when I spent all my time on a military base, it happened more frequently. Also, I spent some time in NYC after I got out of the military, and I noticed it happening more frequently there as well.

So the only plausible explanations are that subconscious anxiety caused by being in public places, or just generally in less relaxed environments, causes this to occur more frequently, which means it is a problem with my own ears...Or maybe something besides my ears. But since my hearing is above average, which means different, there may be some problem somewhere that I don't know about.

But if it isn't coming from inside me, then it would have to be a tone caused by all of the electronics everywhere, plus the different wavelengths of energy beaming around our heads, which either produces these tones outright, or causes the body to think it hears these tones. Although philosophically speaking, that is the same thing, lol.

The other possibility, and the one I personally do not put much stock in, is that the government is sending out covert signals in an attempt to control people, etc. Although I know they send out all kinds of different signals, I don't think any are directly aimed at controlling the US population. Although I do believe that military capabilities far exceed civilian technologies, and I know the government doesn't let on about what it knows involving brain research and how the brain is affected by different wavelengths of radiation.

There really isn't any way to tell, that I can think of, except for using some equipment and monitoring any changes that occur at the time the tone occurs. That is possible, but you would either have to man it all day long, or figure out a way to record signal changes...which is possible with the right equipment, and I would bet this function is built in to higher end gear as well.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SymbolicLogic

Can you download a tone generator to get an idea what range it's in?.

I'll dig up u link I got some info that started my sub-sonic interests, it might be of interest...

Found the site but its mostly on the low range, probably no help--Warning before clicking: its colour scheme will make you nauseas
www.greatdreams.com...

edit on 16-9-2012 by cartenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm just trying to help...I'm not a sock puppet..peace out ...good luck!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I experience the same thing as you, not nearly as long or frequent, but your description is eerily similar. It's really high pitched, like the muting of a TV, it's random and I appear to be the only one that can hear it. It is certainly distracting and damn near deafening. I recall another discussion on this board where other members described high pitch sounds that they've heard their entire lives that appear to pop in and out. I'm no expert on sound so I cannot estimate a range, but it's very high pitched and sometimes painful. I know nobody else can hear it, I've asked, honestly I think it's too strange to even mention.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

to get an idea of what range the sound is in you can download a tone generator and experiment with frequencies untill you come to one that closely resembles the unknown sound you have mentioned. The following link is to a download--its not FOSS, but it is free for evaluation.
www.fpv.umb.sk...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Could you record the sound (with a decent mic if possible) and then slow it down to a more audible frequency? And then post it up on youtube or soundcloud?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

G'day SymbolicLogic

Dont worry there will be some strange stuff happening to the planet for a while
its nothing to worry about, fear is the biggest concern

be at peace/relax no matter what happens

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SymbolicLogic
I've been hearing this weird fluctuating tone that is in the 30-40 kHz range; has anyone else noticed it? It starts and stops randomly so far as I can tell, but it seems to be more active at night. And YES I can hear things in that range.

Human hearing typically maxes out around 20khz sound. I would expect a little deviation but a 50% increase in the maximum frequency response of human hearing would be quite remarkable.

The real question is what creates sound frequencies in that high of a range?
You are certainly not capable of hearing electromagnetic energy. Ears arenot. RF transducers;...Only sound(air vibrations).

Been to a neurologist? perhaps its physical brain activity.(kind of like a pre-seizure "aura" sensation).

added for reference:

Frequency Range of Hearing for Humans and Selected Animals

animal frequency (hertz)
low high
Humans 20 20,000
Cats 100 32,000
Dogs 40 46,000
Horses 31 40,000
Elephants 16 12,000
Cattle 16 40,000
Bats 1,000 150,000
Grasshoppers and locusts 100 50,000
Rodents 1,000 100,000
Whales and dolphins 70 150,000
Seals and sea lions 200 55,000

Reference: Encyc. Britannica.

hypertextbook.com...

edit on 16-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Of course you can hear 30Hz to 40Hz, humans can hear right down to 20Hz, although at that frequency you feel it rather than hear it.

30Hz to 40Hz is the range where sub bass sits in dance music. It's a frequency you can hear, and feel.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeeKlassified
Of course you can hear 30Hz to 40Hz, humans can hear right down to 20Hz, although at that frequency you feel it rather than hear it.

30Hz to 40Hz is the range where sub bass sits in dance music. It's a frequency you can hear, and feel.

He said KHz not Hz. I doubt anyone can hear 30KHz.
Like others have said, humans even with the best ears can only hear between 20 - 20,000 Hz (approx).

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dJbdJb

According to Wikipedia.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeeKlassified

Yes re-read the o.p.; however the o.p. is claiming to be bothered by 30-40 kilohertz.
:puz
oops somebody already beat me to it)....

Humans typically can hear:20 hertz( 20 cycles per second)up to 20khz( kilohertz)
(20 thousand cycles per second).
30-40 kilohertz.is a HIGHER frequency even yet."ULTRASOUND" like used in alarm systems to detect movement.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

What I was getting at is that common knowledge states the average humans hearing range peaks out at 20kHz; I've actually been tested, and passed, for higher frequencies. So let me assure you, it is possible.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
never mind.
edit on 9/16/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

What I was getting at is that common knowledge states the average humans hearing range peaks out at 20kHz; I've actually been tested, and passed, for higher frequencies. So let me assure you, it is possible.

How much higher?

What makes you think what you're hearing is "In the 30-40 kHz range"?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

Okay...
I'm not arguing with your claim. You can hear"silent" dog whistles... Fine.;

I'm explaining some physics involved. You are not"hearing" anything electromagnetic.Because You ears don't change electricity into nerve impulses. they change air vibrations into nerve impulses.

Where you got 30khz from I don't know(doesn't matter). I calibrated and repaired electronics bench test equipment for a large part of my military career; I know the differences between hertz, khz, mhz, ghz, are..and what "frequency response curves" look like..... ( "bandpass"; -3db points etc)

Seems your exceptional hearing keeps up with cats and dogs...an interesting (fairly uncommon) trait. Personally speaking;Mine is documented"damaged"
from: firearms; motorcycles; factories and jet engines (the sound of freedom!)..
nothing to add....
Oh wait:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Acronychal

The OP has already stated that the sound exists in approximately the 40-50 hz range. That's a long way off from being high-pitched. Please research before posting.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Acronychal

That "t.v. noise is the high voltage oscillator or horizontal sweep generator "B circuit "("flyback") for the old crt tube sets. it oscillates around 15kz

(if anything on the circuit board moves because of magnetism ; it becomes "sound" i.e."audible").

High-frequency audible noise

CRTs used for television operate with horizontal scanning frequencies of 15,734 Hz (for NTSC systems) or 15,625 Hz (for PAL systems).[55] These frequencies are at the upper range of human hearing and are inaudible to many people; however, some people (especially children) will perceive a high-pitched tone near an operating television CRT.[56] The sound is due to magnetostriction in the magnetic core and periodic movement of windings of the flyback transformer. Compare to the low-frequency noise (50 Hz or 60 Hz) of mains hum.

en.wikipedia.org...-frequency_audible_noise

You mean like HAARP? I don't think that operates at the same frequency. Maybe cell towers? But then it'd be 24/7. I guess I'm just hoping that other people start posting and know what I'm talking about. You know the noise that a muted T.V. makes? Not the tubes or the gun firing up, but the current running in the machine. It's kinda like that only it fluctuates more.

"Haarp" is a freakin shortwave RADIO transmitter human ears simply cannot pick up rf energy. Enough with this B.S.( HAARP the Alaskan voodoo machine!)
Silly silly ATS'rs

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
For about a week I was hearing a of and on humming in my appartment, couldnt figure out where it was coming from. With a lot of dilligent searching I found it was coming from my home entertainment system. My 650 watt subwoofer, after dranging out the instruction manual and using the trouble shooting manual in the back isolated it a missing screw on the back panel of the built in amplifier. The screw had been loose and was working it self out the week I had noticed the humming. 60HZ hum was coming from the power supply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join