It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noise in the 30-40 kHz range

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
How fascinating. Everything is vibrating at various frequencies and modulations thereof. Our senses perceive a limited range of a full spectrum vibratory dance. I think, with concentration, we can follow frequency beyond the threshold of purely physical perception. Here, the frequencies seem to become internalized to me, and to dwell within, without, and everywhere from the upper head area. Audiophile tests have shown that speakers carrying a more full frequency range, though inaudible, produce a sound more enjoyable to listeners.
When I was a hermit especially, I found it difficult to sleep amid electricity, and especially a powered computer. I heard a constant, droning, very high sound. Electronics seem to emit a very high frequency.
Thanks to an informative thing here about liposomal vitamin C, I have a sonic cleaner. This thing bombards 42 khz on whatever you are cleaning. And you can hear it, like a ringing behind the ears...
As to what the OP hears - electronics, perhaps, or something natural.
Sometimes you can focus on a persisting high frequency and find comfort, strength, or information. Like being in the presence of an angel, naturally.
And in the case of many man made high frequencies, I have felt a tension, and even a "ceiling" type feeling of my consciousness being limited by the sound.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SymbolicLogic

Hi SL,

I would suggest that it is not unreasonable to assume that you may be experiencing what is known as the TAOS HUM. The frequency range and selective nature of some hearing whilst others can't is certainly reflected in this phenomena. Althought named after a specific geographical area, it has become the generic name for a global phenomena.

Have a read and tell me what you reckon?

Wikipedia
curiousworld......
qsl.net

edit on 16-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Shame on you for not giving us more facts ( wink) lol

Does it hurt?
Do you have any military bases around you?
Do you think it's similar to the constant humming some people hear... ( in New Mexico or Colorado...sorry...to lazy to look up report..)
Does it ever make you sick or can't sleep?

I think that about covers my questions...lol

Omg to the guy above me!!!! What they said Op is the humming others have reported...

edit on 16-9-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm no garbage man, but let me postulate a bit, since the OP has not specified the timeframes and durations, of what he is reporting...

Frequencies at that level, will be much more inclined to reflect than to pass through solid objects, depending on amplitude, that is.
Do you hear them more inside or out, or both?
If it is usually night time, do you have a local bat population?
Do you live near a Naval base?

Unfortunately, many posters have not understood that you are referring to sound ABOVE the normal audible range for humans. As far as a tone generator, to better estimate the frequency, you would need some VERY high end speakers.

You stated, it sounds more like a tone, than a whistle. Does it sound modulated, or just a single note?
How far away have you noticed animals reacting to the sound?
Does it change in perceived amplitude? If so, are you stationary when it changes?

Just a few thoughts to help you figure it out....

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I've experienced something similar around ultrasonic alarm systems almost feel it rather than hear it. Some of those must be high amplitude systems that create a sub synchronous resonance that propagates quite a distance.

Should be easy enough to check with a meter since the dogs can also here it. My friends poodle sometimes trembles like it is going into a seizure near store doors and around some cars in the parking lots.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
In my town they often use high frequency pulsing alarms to discourage groups of kids from certain 'gathering' areas. They're mostly on overnight but in certain places they blast sound 24/7.

They say anyone over 25 shouldn't be able to hear them. I'm 32 and the sound drives me nuts!

Its right on the edge of my hearing and as annoying as hell, its a pulsing high pitched whine.

Could it be one of these devices?

ETA: Here it is. The mosquito mk4 ultrasonic youth deterrent. A favorite of UK local Councils.

www.cctvdirect.co.uk...
edit on 16/9/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SymbolicLogic
I've been hearing this weird fluctuating tone that is in the 30-40 kHz range

No you haven't. Unless you are a dog or a bat.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
dear OP:

NO. YOU. CAN'T. (hear in the frequently ranges you claim.)

you think you're the only one to take a military hearing test?! please do not make me look up the protocols for that hearing test and post them in this thread. you already look like such a fool.

I am not saying that you are not hearing something.......

......but it is DEFINITELY AND UNQUESTIONABLY NOT in the ultrasonic range.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
40khz I cannot hear but I could hear 60khz... Maybe I have heard 30-40khz before and thought it was something wrong with my eardrum... thanks for your post, it's very interesting.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
With Russia's Ionospheric Heaters over North America, those satellites causing the verticle streaks of light in the night sky....they can cause sound.

When one of the nuclear reactors has to do an Emergency shutdown and radiation is vented out, they use HAARP to push up on the atmosphere to steer the radiation away from cities. When they push up on the atmosphere and the Satellite Ionosphere heaters are blasting down....you can get some "Angels Horns" a sounding.

The Satellite Ionosphere heaters only kick on at night, when North America is faced away from the sun. There is no point in having them turned on when North America is facing the sun.

Build yourself a microphone with a parabolic bowl so you can point in at the sky and pick up the noise/amplify it. This is your BEST bet at using directional radio to pick up the source. You will find it is a satellite. Russian made Ionospheric heaters.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Interesting thread. I can hear up to ~30khz, for some reason, and it has astounded a few hearing lab technicians.
What is interesting, is I have some hearing loss around 7-10k, from being in jets in the military.

One tool that is great for figuring out what you can actually hear is the NCH tone generator, a PC utility available here:

www.nch.com.au...

They have a demo mode that lets you use it for a week or so. Try it out.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
40khz I cannot hear but I could hear 60khz... Maybe I have heard 30-40khz before and thought it was something wrong with my eardrum... thanks for your post, it's very interesting.

Been following along? 60 khz is 3 times higher in frequency ("tone",or"pitch")than normal human hearing can perceive.

I'm gonna' go out on a limb here and declare no human can hear 30-40khz("ultra sound") much less 60khz.

Perhaps this will help:"ultrasound"

Ultrasound is a cyclic sound pressure wave with a frequency greater than the upper limit of human hearing. Ultrasound is thus not separated from "normal" (audible) sound based on differences in physical properties, only the fact that humans cannot hear it. Although this limit varies from person to person, it is approximately 20 kilohertz (20,000 hertz) in healthy, young adults. The production of ultrasound is used in many different fields, typically to penetrate a medium and measure the reflection signature or supply focused energy. The reflection signature can reveal details about the inner structure of the medium, a property also used by animals such as bats for hunting. The most well known application of ultrasound is its use in sonography to produce pictures of fetuses in the human womb. There are a vast number of other applications as well.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Let's break this down for the layman...

"Hz" and "KHz", or more precisely, Hertz and Kilohertz, are used to define or measure frequencies, usually associated with sounds or signals.

In the OP, the reference is in regard to sound. The measurements are displayed as "cycles per second".

Or, in more simple terms, as a speaker reproduces a signal, it must complete a cycle throughout it's range of movement. That can be described as a vibration of the cone or diaphram, and is measured in Hz. Anything over 1,000 Hz is measured in KHz. The "K" standing for 1,000 Hz.

The average human ear can register sound, as in detect noise, from about 20 Hz, or 20 cycles per second, to about 20KHZ, or 20,000 cycles per second.

The reason that a high end speaker cabinet has multiple drivers in it is simple. A typical speaker is very in-efficient. A large speaker is great at moving a lot of air, but it's cone is relatively heavy and it takes a lot of energy to complete a cycle. Because of this, many large speakers, called woofers, can only reproduce lower frequencies, and are not physically capable of moving fast enough, to make higher pitched sounds.
Small speakers, typically called tweeters, can vibrate very quickly, and with very little energy required. But lack the surface area of the cone, to produce the large waves needed for low frequencies.

Now sound can come in many forms, but it ALWAYS comes as a vibration. This vibration MUST have a medium or some form of matter, to move through. This is why there is NO sound in space, or in a vacuum. No medium = No sound.

When we perceive sound, it most likely is through an eardrum, which vibrates at the same frequency as the sound we are subjecting it to, and translates this information to our brain for processing. But, there are situations where our bodies can perceive sound, that didn't come from our ear.

Ultrasound and Infrasound can sometimes be "felt" by the body, even though it is typically above or below our hearing threshold, above 20KHz or below 20Hz.
Now, how this interacts with the mechanisms employed by our body and brain, to perceive sound is a bit of a mystery. And may be what the OP has been experiencing.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by Teeky

Been following along? 60 khz is 3 times higher in frequency ("tone",or"pitch")than normal human hearing can perceive.

I'm gonna' go out on a limb here and declare no human can hear 30-40khz("ultra sound") much less 60khz.

Perhaps this will help:"ultrasound"

Ultrasound is a cyclic sound pressure wave with a frequency greater than the upper limit of human hearing. Ultrasound is thus not separated from "normal" (audible) sound based on differences in physical properties, only the fact that humans cannot hear it. Although this limit varies from person to person, it is approximately 20 kilohertz (20,000 hertz) in healthy, young adults. The production of ultrasound is used in many different fields, typically to penetrate a medium and measure the reflection signature or supply focused energy. The reflection signature can reveal details about the inner structure of the medium, a property also used by animals such as bats for hunting. The most well known application of ultrasound is its use in sonography to produce pictures of fetuses in the human womb. There are a vast number of other applications as well.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

Whoa interesting.... I wonder why I can hear that pitch? Now all I have to do is figure out to use it to my advantage. I wear glasses. I'm near sighted. I'm no where near blind. But maybe my lack of 20/20 vision is balanced with above average hearing? Thanks. I'm going to research on the subject more.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Teeky because: word

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Peoples hearing thresholds are not always the same. Some people hear things others can't. Sometimes the mind filters out sounds that are normal and we don't hear them. A child hears more than an adult most times but learns to ignore sounds like the fridge running or hums from transformers. If we heard everything we wouldn't be able to hear others. Go into a crowded bar and learn to filter out others conversations so you can hear the person you are talking to. We do the same with sight, we are not aware what is going on around us because we focus on where our attention is. That is considered normal in todays world, if you can't filter you are said to have adhd.

The noise is real, the dogs hear it. the question is why do you hear it. Others may either be not hearing it because of their ears or filtering it out at the brain. If it bothers you than try to filter or ignore it.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Something similar happened at Epcot (who could hear the noise, not your noise showing up there). Someone got stupid and left something producing feedback at an extreme khz range. I could hear it, kids could hear it, some teens, a lot of older people could not- and could not begin to understand why a lot of us were holding our ears, grimacing, etc.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Actually it has been documented that people with a rare syndrome called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS) can 'hear' ultrasound.
They of course don't hear with their ears they FEEL it and the brain interprets it as sound.

This is not unlike the deaf woman who is an astounding percussionist in an English Philharmonic orchestra.
She FEELS the sound but does not hear as she has been profoundly deaf since birth.

I have EDS but I have had an ear drum burst, so I have problems. But my youngest can hear 'sounds' at night and they keep her up sometimes. Her sister who also has EDS does not hear anything. She is 4 years older.

Instead of arguing, lets try to get to the bottom of this for this poor chap and my youngest, as it is life affecting.
So what could be causing this ultrasound?

I have a bad feeling that it could be what I read just last week. And it is not very nice.
Look up James Casbolt and Project Mannequin, where he mentions something that TPTB are transmitting to get the world to hate each other, came to my suspicious mind.
I hope it isn't this.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

i hear something like that every night around that time but the one i hear is a deep tone that fluctuates... sounds kind of like a train underground but where i live there is no subways...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

thanks SL yes i can confirm that
- in fact, it started last year april 2 - a high pitch, like a wet finger moving around a crystal glass

its not audible as in sound - but its working upon the inner ears,
and resounding through the head, from there
And yes its artificial, because the intensity varies slightly, throughout days

in the first weeks, sometimes it suddenly stopped - relief - only to start again
...there are vids on yt with Hz frequencies, i took it to be around 18-20.ooo Hz

but since the past months,
it seems another one has joined it, like the first one was but a carrier

...i searched summer 11 about ' frequencies and the spin of atoms '
because i was sure, the frequency s generated to get their core spinning faster,
to prepare the higher dimension that ll ignite, soon,
...but i m sorry to say other topics came up
and i remember only partly what i found

bless

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join