It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freudian Slip: Obama Now Says He Was Born To Single Mom. Is this important?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

Originally posted by Golf66
As a professionally trained and experienced interrogator -

Surely you do not expect people to just trust you, do you? I know you like documentation behind claims.

I honestly don't care what you believe - I know what indicators of deception are in both an oral interview and in a written statement. The POTUS is well trained and coached to avoid these indicators (as are most professional liars) that much is obvious to me or anyone who is in the business.

However, even a well trained agent or person trained in R2I will eventually over time begin to show these signs. That is why sometimes it took a year or more to break a hard core ALQ operator and a lot of review of tape. They are so good at their lies that they believe them which makes their tells harder to discern without a lot of review of the interview tapes etc.

Again, believe what you want - better yet do your own research into behavioral symptoms analysis or KENISC interviewing techniques. Tell me what you see when he speaks?

If only we could interrogate him for about a year at one of our overseas locations using some enhanced techniques - I bet we could find out.... I wonder how long he would last? I bet not as long as one of our SF Soldiers do in SERE school - which is about 1-2 days before their cover story is gone. That is in training with the gloves on - take the gloves off I say lets get to the truth.

Problem is I don't think he knows the truth about his birth or who his real father is.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I think the truth about you is that you will find a way to interpret anything Obama does
in a manner that meets your previously ordained construct. If it contributes to the assassination
of his character or persona, you likely to fill in the blanks with detail that fulfills your construct.

Another one of us might be a psychoanalyst, or better

Don't let campaign slogans taint your view of the real world, it's easy to do with these motives

edit on 16-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepImpactX

He just admitted he's a bastard.

I know you are trying to be funny, but you are just being a sad, sad nincompoop.

BHO Sr. fully acknowledged his son BHO Jr. There is no bastardry involved, except your own.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

Obama has less than 60 days before he potentially sacked.

"potentially sacked"?

Way to make a confident prediction

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think it's more likely that the right wing is taking the statement and making much ado about nothing. Obama may have seen his mother as a "single mother" since she was sole parent around. That seems most likely. Yet the right wing are the ones using it as a diversion in order to avoid having the public concentrate on their short comings near election time. Why think about Romney's hidden taxes, lack of leadership, poor etiquette, corporate backers, Bush's 8 years of overspending that led us into this mess, or other issues when there's fun to be had with the birther fantasy?

Republicans are an odd breed of elephant. They try to make sure everyone else forgets.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

Uh, the man lived in a muslim nation and was immersed in Islamic culture.

No "the man" did not. The child lived in an Islamic nation. From age 6 to 10.

He attended Catholic Schools and non-religious state schools. From age 6 to 10.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
I honestly don't care what you believe -

Cool!

That saves me from reading the rest of your 4 paragraph diatribe to someone you do not really care to impress in any way.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Just more proof that Obama can't keep his lies straight.

During his entire 2008 campaign he told everyone his parents were married and that they separated when he was TWO YEARS OLD. They never even lived together.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It's not where the man was born that's the problem...
It's where he live now that is!!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I know this is off topic but I have created a facebook page similar in content to Brandon Raub to see if I get any authoritative response. Please send your friend requests to Barack Obromney that is me. I know many of you (myself included) dont like facebook but I would appriciate the help.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think this might be an attempt to get opinion swinging back in favor of Romney.
Some articles I read last night give me this suspicion:

Obama Erasing Romney's Edge on Economy

Recent Polls Moving in Obama's Favor

And although those two articles are focused on opinion concerning economic issues, the opinion polls seemed to start showing favor toward Obama after the incident in Libya and Romney's mis-step right after.

Romney Tries to Defend Embassy Lies

So, in response, the GOP party is revamping their campaign strategy:

From Mitt Romney Abruptly Changes Strategy:

But with polls showing Obama for the first time moving clearly ahead in important swing states— most notably, Ohio—Romney advisers concluded they had to make a painful course correction.

Stevens said the economy is likely to remain “the dominant focus” of the campaign. But ads and speeches will focus on a wider array of issues, including foreign policy, the threat from China, debt and the tone in Washington.

Stevens said the big, unifying question will be: “Can we do better on every front?”
It goes on to say:

Some Romney officials had argued that straight negative ads would be the only way to move numbers the way the campaign needs to.

This renewed birther-themed issue might be a more clandestine way of changing strategy, too...if no negative ads, then there is always youtube!

Just my 0.02 on the situation.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
who cares anymore this whole freaking country is a joke, the laws , the system, the politics, the pay system, the lending system, the whole damn thing is just one big f ing joke

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

During his entire 2008 campaign he told everyone his parents were married and that they separated when he was TWO YEARS OLD. They never even lived together.

Do you have a link to support that assertion? Because in his book that was written long BEFORE the campaign, that isn't what he says at all.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

June 2008

I know what it means to have an absent father, although my circumstances weren't as tough as they are for many young people today. Even though my father left us when I was two years old, and I only knew him from the letters he wrote and the stories that my family told, I was luckier than most.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

June 2011

‘I grew up without a father around I have certain memories of him taking me to my first jazz concert and giving me my first basketball as a Christmas present. But he left when I was two years old,' he wrote.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 18-9-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Thank you. I hadn't seen those specific remarks before, however, neither quote says that Dunham and Obama Sr. were living together at the time.

In 1995, more than 10 years earlier than your quotes, in Dreams from my Father, Obama Jr. says his father left Hawai'i in 1963. Again he does not indicate that Dunham and Obama Sr. were living together.

The historical facts are that Dunham went to Seattle (with Obama Jr.) in late August of 1961 and Obama Sr. stayed in Hawaii. I am unclear on when she returned to Hawai'i, but Obama Sr. went to Harvard in September of 1962, not in 1963. And he had been on a tour of mainland universities before going to Harvard.

So the actual fact is that Obama Jr. was 13 months old when Obama Sr. left Hawai'i permanently. During part of that 13 months Obama Jr. was not in Hawai'i and during part of that 13 months Obama Sr. was not in Hawai'i. It is my understanding (and I could be wrong about this) that even when Dunham and Obama Sr. were both in Hawai'i, they did not live together, she remained in her parents house, and he remained in his 'student digs'.

The upshot is that his father was not around from a very early age. Does it make a difference to the narrative if it was actually 13 months and not 24 months? What about if it was 14 months? What about if it was 23 months or 25 months? Does it matter that Obama Jr. said his dad left "when I was two" instead of "when I was less than two"?

Exactly what is Obama Jr. trying to communicate here: his Father's American travel itinerary or his reaction to not having a childhood memory of him?
edit on 18/9/2012 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Oh, yeah. The concert and the basketball game were on a short visit when Obama Jr. was about 10.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

The point is, Obama was very misleading with his "he left us" statements throughout 2008. The key word is "us", not Hawaii or the United States.

The rest didn't come to light and make their way into Wikipedia until after WND dug up the truth (after Obama took office). He never mentioned his mother starting classes in Seattle when he was a few weeks old or that they never lived together. He led everyone to believe they were together until he was two. That's why this is making headlines.

There was one previous moment during Obama's first campaign that Michelle Obama let it slip by stating that Barack's mother was "very young and very single" when he was born (during a speech she gave at a Missouri University roundtable) that drew lots of attention, but Obama never addressed it when it made headlines or when he was asked about it. It got swept under the rug.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The point is, Obama was very misleading with his "he left us" statements throughout 2008. The key word is "us", not Hawaii or the United States.

No. The point is that Obama grew up without his father.

How is a 13 month old kid supposed to know the date his father left home?

And there is nothing misleading about it at all. He is describing his childhood experience, not reciting diary entries.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

LOL! You're funny.

So, Michelle knows the whole story from Obama, but he's not capable of communicating it to the rest of us?

Give me a break.

The bottom line is, Obama was questioned about Michelle's comments and asked to clarify them AND HE WOULDN'T.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I know you are 'deetermined' to find something nefarious in this. But your insistence on the relevance is the only thing that could possibly be thought nefarious.

Obama is making the point that he grew up without his father, (like millions of other kids, by the way), not to publish his father's student travel itinerary.

Whether Obama was 13 months old or 24 months old when his father left is meaningless to the point he was making, which is that his father was not there for most of his childhood.

You call me 'funny'. Well the saying goes, "if you don't want to be ridiculed, don't be ridiculous'. You certainly have crossed over the line into the ridiculous, but I'm trying really hard to be civil here so I'll just leave it alone.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join