It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another FBI-created 'terrorist'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I just read this article about an 18 year-old kid that the FBI arrested. Undercover FBI agents talked the kid into blowing up a car bomb outside a bar in Chicago, provided him with the bomb and an accomplice (an undercover agent) then arrested him when he pushed the button to detonate the phony bomb.

Source: Teen charged with trying to blow up Chicago bar

I seem to recall several similar incidents in the past couple of years. Something is seriously wrong with this methodology. I'm pretty sure I could talk anyone with emotional or psychological problems into doing something against the law, even something as heinous as a car bomb.

What do you think? I think it's entrapment at best, and diabolical at worst. To me, the FBI should be charged with coercion. I guarantee they damn near brainwash these so-called young terrorists. They probably choose someone with a lot of problems and a weak mind who just needs some medication and a good friend.

Peace

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
They did the same thing with the Cleveland bridge bombers. They create the terrorist scenario, convince someone to act on it and then arrest them. It's entrapment really.

Though, I can't really defend the people they convict, because they potentially did try to kill people.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Reminds me of this story. Some of their entrapment is not as obvious, this wasnt one of those times:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the Liberty City Seven case, it seemed fairly obvious that the defendants were hoping to con the FBI informant out of $50k and had no intentions of committing any acts of "terrorism".

They werent even Moslems. Apparently they regularly held Bible study and some of them wore the Star of David...

In the Newburgh Four case, the judge actually slammed the FBI saying:

"Only the government could have made a terrorist out of Mr Cromitie, a man whose buffoonery is positively Shakespearean in its scope," she said in court. She added: "I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that there would have been no crime here except the government instigated it, planned it and brought it to fruition."

edit on 15-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

I think it's entrapment at best, and diabolical at worst.

But what IF the FBI did nothing and the kid did get something off? What then would be the response?

If he was into violent Jihad, seems like the FBI wouldn't be the only one doing the brainwashing.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well if you listen to Alex Jones and others you eventually start to realize who the real criminals in society are. I can't say much else than that but I'm sure you get the picture.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Got to keep the arrest numbers up. Especially for terrorists.

If they weren't arresting terrorists there wouldn't be a need for an anti-terror department, which means that they'd have to go after real criminals. The kind that shoot back.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

How about watch him instead of encourage and arm him?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by jam321

Or get him into a treatment facility if he's mental?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Just the next step in the game. Now that OBL is dead, we need to create a new bogyman... and what better than the terrorist next door?

Soon they won't even need to spend money watching us - many of us will volunteer to do it, and we'll be more hypercritical and judgmental than any law enforcement agency can legally be.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

I think it's entrapment at best, and diabolical at worst.

But what IF the FBI did nothing and the kid did get something off? What then would be the response?

If he was into violent Jihad, seems like the FBI wouldn't be the only one doing the brainwashing.

I understand your point, but I'm going with the odds, and the odds are that it's just a confused kid who never would have the resources or wherewithal to plan and successfully implement a terrorist attack.

Find a punk kid who got picked on in high school whose girlfriend just broke up with him and I guarantee he's mad at the world and emotionally unstable. Now, make him feel like he's part of a neat little group and beat into his brain some ridiculous propaganda. Then, give him a ride, a bomb, and a great 'buddy'. Then arrest him.

To me, this is the way the government keeps the fear of domestic terrorism alive... by creating it!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

What do you think? I think it's entrapment at best, and diabolical at worst. To me, the FBI should be charged with coercion.
Agreed. They are complicit. Every time we hear of a so-called "thwarted" terrorist
attack, it's the FBI who manipulated contact and supplied all of the material and know how to
the so-called (underage, easily manipulated) terrorists. It's a disgrace. The FBI is a disgrace.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

And how long do we watch him? 1 year..2..3..4...5..

I'm not saying that what the FBI did is right, I just don't believe that the article lays out the whole story. But if your happy with entrapment based on the article, so be it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thought this might be a good contribution to the thread.

The criminal complaint filed against the kid. Intheflesh, you may want to put this in your op.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I don't know if this is covered under the First Amendment or if it was tantamount to yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, but I do know that the FBI should not have assisted him like this. By posing as terrorists and providing him with the tools necessary to carry out an attack, they put people in real danger of a man who probably otherwise wouldn't have actually done anything. He was given the confidence he needed because he felt like he had fellow criminals by his side. Shame on them.
edit on 9/15/2012 by Acanthus because: Removed article quote

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
I just read this article about an 18 year-old kid that the FBI arrested. Undercover FBI agents talked the kid into blowing up a car bomb outside a bar in Chicago, provided him with the bomb and an accomplice (an undercover agent) then arrested him when he pushed the button to detonate the phony bomb.

Source: Teen charged with trying to blow up Chicago bar

I seem to recall several similar incidents in the past couple of years. Something is seriously wrong with this methodology. I'm pretty sure I could talk anyone with emotional or psychological problems into doing something against the law, even something as heinous as a car bomb.

What do you think? I think it's entrapment at best, and diabolical at worst. To me, the FBI should be charged with coercion. I guarantee they damn near brainwash these so-called young terrorists. They probably choose someone with a lot of problems and a weak mind who just needs some medication and a good friend.

Peace

Just say NO, but he didn't.

If it weeds out another Islamic wack job, i'm all for it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Thought this might be a good contribution to the thread.

The criminal complaint filed against the kid. Intheflesh, you may want to put this in your op.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Thanks for posting the criminal complaint. I found the following excerpt interesting:

As further described below, from late May to mid-June, 2012, Daoud sought guidance regarding whether to carry out a terrorist attack in the United States, relying principally on internet resources.

So from this, it's clear that he sought guidance and the FBI provided that guidance. What happens to you if you provide guidance to a possible terrorist and you are not the FBI? Take a guess.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Not necessarily.

In the Liberty City Seven case, it seemed fairly obvious that the defendants were hoping to con the FBI informant out of $50k and had no intentions of committing any acts of "terrorism".

They werent even Moslems. Apparently they regularly held Bible study and some of them wore the Star of David...

In the Newburgh Four case, the judge actually slammed the FBI saying:

"Only the government could have made a terrorist out of Mr Cromitie, a man whose buffoonery is positively Shakespearean in its scope," she said in court. She added: "I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that there would have been no crime here except the government instigated it, planned it and brought it to fruition."

edit on 15-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

By your logic shouldn't we encourage the DEA to arrest all those "Thug Life" kids on Facebook by providing them with drugs, money, semi-automatic weapons, and a "cartel" to join?

The BATF tried something similar to that with "Fast and Furious", but instead of giving guns to "wanna-bes" they gave it the real criminals. Now Mexico is on the brink of a civil war.

The take away is a lot of people talk tough, but do not act because they are not associated with that element. The real guys will take what you provided and burn you with it.

So we have some kid posting on the Internet from Chicago, not Islamabad, and they developed a whole terror narrative around this guy. A story where the wannabe was the main actor. They made him a big shot, but is he was a willing actor in a big pageant.

Meanwhile, the real guys are burning down our embassies.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

So from this, it's clear that he sought guidance and the FBI provided that guidance.

From the report he sought guidance from people from his mosque who had found out about his jihad.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

So from this, it's clear that he sought guidance and the FBI provided that guidance.

From the report he sought guidance from people from his mosque who had found out about his jihad.

Also, consider that it is a report that contains the account according to the FBI. I would not expect an FBI report to implicate the FBI or cast any government body in a negative light. In fact, I would not expect any government report to contain truth any more so that the 9/11 Commission Report did.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join