It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katiethesinger123

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this most of the day and was not sure whether to create this thread but i had to.
I had to share this with people to show how effected society is with hatred. I was browsing YouTube looking for interesting or funny things to watch because our youngest son finds some of the video's hilarious and laughs his socks off. So i started looking for the well known YouTube hits like the numa numa guy,

During my search I came across a video by Katiethesinger123 it was just a normal video of a girl who likes to sing and who wanted to share it with YouTube. My heart however was wrenched from my chest and stomped on as soon as i scrolled down to the comments sections, I can not believe the way people treated her, it showed what a sad world we really live in and just how cruel people can be.

On ATS we often look at government actions and those in power as being wrong or unjust, but after watching this and reading the comments it exposes the fact that we 'the people' are no better and as a society and totally screwed or at least the majority of the people who make comments.

This girls life has probably been made a massive misery, and I noted that on their account there has been no activity for 8 months so I am assuming she has bowed out or been forced of YouTube as a result for simply wanting to be a part of YouTube or society.

I am posting this because i feel people need to see it if they have not already and to ask people to give support to people in real life or anywhere that have to suffer the same things whether at work or school or anywhere.
I want to try and turn these negative comments into a positive and if just a few people are made to feel more appreciated or accepted as a result then good.

Sorry if anybody thinks this is not thread worthy I did a search and didn't find anything about this. I am really hoping people on ATS can help make a difference and help to make the world a little brighter for people who have to endure being excluded because they don't quite fit in with some peoples idea of 'being cool'.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think it is sad to see the replies but what do you really expect? This is the internet, She is beyond ugly ( sorry i will not pretend she is beautiful just to look like a good guy) and she absolutely cannot sing.

I would never tell her of course, but i am not surprise that people would tell her the truth, she is fat, ugly and can't sing.

God bless her for trying though

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yes it is sad but not surprising they ripped into her. The only thing you can do is not be one them people. Everyone no matter who they are has some hypocrizy or Bs in them. Its like a little demon that sits on our shoulder in life. Dont become a slave to the demon.
edit on 15-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yeah i've seen this girls vids before, my daughter sings too and has put vids up on YouTube before, and she's given this girl some positive comments. Ok she may not be the best singer in the world, but hey, she's doing what she loves and she has more balls than me putting it out there on the net.

Unfortunately, YouTube, the net and the world in general is full of male genitalia.....if you get my drift. Some horrible people out there in all walks of life who one day will hopefully grow up.

CX.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Look, it's terrible how people are today, but the internet is a 2-way street. She and the millions just like her knew full well what to expect, and most even count on it. 24 million views doesn't happen by accident.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I wasn't surprised in the least at the comments aimed at her.
However the interweb is populated by trolls, morons, fools and the hurtful evil comments they level at others is actually indicative of their own pain and insecurities. Anonymity of the cyber world makes for a mean, dark culture unaccountable to no one.
And if you look below the surface you find our future.

Ugly isn't it?

edit on 15-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My daughter is the one who called my attention to how nasty the comments get on youtube, and she was right.
It doesn't really matter WHAT you put up there, it looks like there is always some morons who will say the most cruel and assinine things about it.

All I can hope is that that overkill makes some people get over caring too much what other think.

Like those old commercials for the schick method of stopping smoking, where they put you in a tiny closed booth and you chainsmoke until you puke ?

In horse training, we call it sacking out. It might be good that some young people become desensitized and stop being so easily hurt by morons. I hope so anyway. I'd liek to find some sort of positive side to hope for!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk

It is not the fact that there is a nasty comment, i agree they are to be expected on any video, It is the amount of nasty comments that i find to be repulsive and saddening, the realization that there are a lot of morons more so than decent people and that this person has basically been excluded from a community is what i am shocked about, how she looks should not determine how she is treated.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Awww

I hate when people are cruel....she is just a kid.

My little girl has been in local fairs and pagents (not like toddlers in tiaras)

She dances and sings without a care....I'd hate for someone to be cruel to her...because she tries.

People are so shallow these days...I could bet had she been smaller, people would be more nice....thts sad.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Over 24 million views! The girl should have monetized it!

Yes, it's the internet and lots of a$$hats have derogatory things to say with no consideration for what their words can do to others.

I've been thinking about making some humerous rant videos for youtube but am too shy to do so. I give this girl a great big KUDOS for this.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

It is not the fact that there is a nasty comment, i agree they are to be expected on any video, It is the amount of nasty comments that i find to be repulsive and saddening, the realization that there are a lot of morons more so than decent people and that this person has basically been excluded from a community is what i am shocked about, how she looks should not determine how she is treated.

There are more morons commenting on that video because it is a completely moronic video from a musical perspective.

Go watch a Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, bob marley, Pink floyd, Led zep, or whatever video of talented artists and your theory about having more morons than decent people will fall to pieces.

That girl made a video that is totally tasteless and got tasteless comments.

I mean, come on now. Go watch a Wilhelm kempff video playing the piano and tell me if there are such comments.
edit on 15-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

ALTHOUGH I agree with you, she is also just a little girl who never had a chance.
Her parents could have at least encouraged a healthy diet and excercise. Though with a face like that, I am 100% sure she eats because she is depressed and bullied at school.

But if you close your eyes, there is still some innocence left.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

If they were only commenting on her musical abilities then I would agree, but what we have here is outright targeting and bullying, it exposes a major problem with society that deeply troubles me. The fact it is on YouTube exposes the fact it must happen in society all the time, all I am asking is for people to try and make a difference if possible and making people aware because not everyone has to endure this and therefore may not pay attention or be aware of what pain it can cause to some people.

I understand where your coming from but I can not just accept it because it is considered the norm on YouTube,

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The bad remarks and bullying is nothing new as this behaviour can be seen throught history. If anything the negativism and throwing mud on the girl just highlights that computer technology and its media are just cloths people wear in today. The person under the cloths hasnt changed, under it lies the person and the person can be mean or they can be good its their choice. I choose let her sing and enjoy herself. Is she talented or not, thats a stupid question everyone is talented. The fact shes looking inward to herself and exploring her own talent puts her past half the phoney popular music artists around today.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It is not a secret that YouTube commenters are some of the worst commenters on the Internet. I have seen everything from "wat is song name & artist" on videos where the song name and artist are in the title to page after page of religious arguments that perpetuate hateful dogma and logical fallacies. The problem is a combination of little enforcement of Community Guidelines and people's inability to ignore things they don't like, even if those things may be offensive to them. I agree that some of the things being said to this girl are nasty, but as I see it there are only two solutions. Either Google moderates and prunes attacking or nonsense comments that don't contribute to any meaningful discussion, or the free-for-all continues and everyone else does their best to self-moderate and thumbs down/ignore what's bad and weed them out that way. You can have both, too, but I think the latter will need to be our style for now. YouTube is just too big for everything to be policed.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Bullying people is a way of life in America. It comes about because we as a society has lost interest in common courtesy and respect. It's about self gratification, and some people can only build themselves up by tearing other people down.

It doesn't have to be that way.

But if I were an academic scientist I could write a huge paper on this crap.

Hmmmm I just had an idea. If I ever become a millionaire, I'd make a TV channel that was all about teaching common courtesy and respect.

This society sorely needs it, I'm sorry to say.

top topics

join