It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I want to become a Freemason....All opinions welcomed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have to admit I had not heard that much about them before a certain movie came out, but after doing some research online I believe it is for me. Never have I felt drawn to join anything!

Also I have to admit all the negative posts and websites about the "evil doings" and worship that supposedly goes on had caused me to take a step back and look at it all again.

Today I am very confident that it is the right move for me, I have even taken the first steps and asked one to be one.

Now if they would just be able to meet up with me so the ball can start rolling

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
my father-in-law is a mason

every winter they go into NYC and give coats to the homeless

check it out, see if you like it

but if you are looking for treasure or satanic rituals, you will be sorely disappointed

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Don't see the point in those societies, but whatever floats your boat!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

I am curious, what exactly is it about Freemasons that you like so much? I don't have an opinion either way really, haven't done any research for myself, I am just curious because of the endless poo talk I hear about them.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

so, you want to worship the oriental goodies, like geometry and numbers ?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I thought they were invite only as in a member has to vouche for you and reccomend you to the grand poohbah or whoever?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Reasons to join? hmmm let me post a few things

People really seem to fear the Masons, I don't

I would like to believe I am a good person, and lately I am having a hard time finding "like minded" people to discuss things with.

I have a Scottish heritage that I know nothing about except for where my grandfather was born.

My family is quite disfunctional outside of my marriage.

I have lost connections with friends from the past, could be that we don't have that much in common anymore?

I feel that I might be losing my faith in fellow man, getting harder to trust people. It would be nice to feel secure with those around me.

Geesh I could go on forever, get a couch and let me tell you about my childhood

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I thought they were invite only as in a member has to vouche for you and reccomend you to the grand poohbah or whoever?

2-B-1-Ask-1

google is your friend sometimes

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

I have even taken the first steps and asked one to be one.

Holy needy...

This is the only post I have seen of yours, but gotta tell ya', its sounds like you need to do some soul-searchin' before making any decisions about your future. And no, not a biblical soul, but rather an in-depth analysis of what you want, and why...otherwise, you're gonna flounder thru life.

The first group you join should be Club Me...

Good luck...

edit on 15-9-2012 by facelift because: destroy "is"

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by BrianG

so, you want to worship the oriental goodies, like geometry and numbers ?

I would love to be a real Mason with skills that command great respect and pay

But I am sure FreeMasonry will help me to learn or understand more that I currently know about myself and possibly others

I don't expect it to increase my financial status or give me great powers

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by BrianG

I have even taken the first steps and asked one to be one.

Holy needy...

This is the only post I have seen of yours, but gotta tell ya', its sounds like you need to do some soul-searchin' before making any decisions about your future. And no, not a biblical soul, but rather an in-depth analysis of what you want, and why...otherwise, you're gonna flounder thru life.

The first group you join should be Club Me...

Good luck...

edit on 15-9-2012 by facelift because: destroy "is"

Well I must have been a good swimmer to make it this many years

To join you have to ask, like knocking on the door of the Chess Club and asking if you can play too.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

lol, grand poohbah.

My Papa was a mason and my Gramma was in eastern star (I think that's what it's called but not sure now) anyway they both left the orders but never really would say why. I was always curious though.

I guess if it's something you want to do, do it (with blessing from the grand poohbah of course
)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Join a church that way you can be a part of something greater and keep your soul.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider
Join a church that way you can be a part of something greater and keep your soul.

Maybe I have tried that already?

My soul is mine

Wow people truly are afraid of what they don't know

I fear no knowledge

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Unless you have some skill/s or money/property, its doubtful you will be asked to join, no 'useless eaters' in that organisation.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
Unless you have some skill/s or money/property, its doubtful you will be asked to join, no 'useless eaters' in that organisation.

Funny one of my customers is a Mason

Purely by accident my friend brought them up while he was in the shop and he overheard and freely admited he was one

Sorry have another that is as well, he is the gentleman I contacted about joining

edit on 15-9-2012 by BrianG because: forgot a line

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You might find this interesting if your interested in Free Masons. Especially if you want sort of an insiders view of what they're about and what kinds of things you might learn from them. Good luck!

starts at 29:26

starts at the beginning:

starts at: 00:02:50

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

You might find this interesting if your interested in Free Masons.
Or you'll at least laugh your ass off like the real Masons do any time one of Bill's videos is posted here. That kook claims he was a vampire too. All the while being a Mormon Satanist as well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d1a5dd7abdc.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 2012.9.15 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I don't trust that guys beard!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by r2d246

You might find this interesting if your interested in Free Masons.
Or you'll at least laugh your ass off like the real Masons do any time one of Bill's videos is posted here. That kook claims he was a vampire too. All the while being a Mormon Satanist as well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d1a5dd7abdc.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 2012.9.15 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

This is just my opinion, but I never realized that people would actually see the overlap in that graph as a contradition.

My opinion is that it's possible, (if the graph is correct) that he still had an active membership in each of those.

BUT HERE'S THE THING...

You can obviously have active memberships in things that either:

a) your not using or practicing (no different than having a gym membership that you don't use but that you didn't cancel)

or

b) that he was undecided at the time so he keep involved perhaps on a passive level in some while he was trying to come to an understanding of the ultimate true path in life which he eventually did. And or perhaps staying involved in some just to gain more intel on them as he wanted to learn there secrets to then expose them.

LIKE WHERE'S THE CONTRADITION? THAT BAR GRAPH IS STUPID. I didn't even realize that some people couldn't figure that out.
edit on 15-9-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join