It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film protest: Egypt PM urges US to end 'insults'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Insults? Let's just throw them a few billion of monopoly money, they'll quit whining.

Muslims are peaceful people and not violent? Who are the people attacking the embacyies around the world, Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse and their croonies?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

I take it you don't understand what sarcasm is

I wasn't suggesting we limit our freedom to appease them, I was pointing out the glaring hypocrisy in the PM's words

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You wonder what they are going to do when they wake up and realize there are 10000000000000 anti-muslim websites and videos out there.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
You wonder what they are going to do when they wake up and realize there are 10000000000000 anti-muslim websites and videos out there.

At which point the world explodes?

Or with luck, people wake up and realize that there are others who disagree with their POV and they...accept it for what it is.

Rather than picking up a rifle or strapping on a bomb.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The muslim world doesn't remotely grasp our freedom of speech. The general thought is that if this (the film) is on youtube, then the government or someone in power must have approved or sanctioned it. That's what has to happen in their country. They don't have anything close to a concept of freedom of speech like the US does.

Which leads us to another problem, most of the leaders in the US/Western world still have yet to grasp that the Western way of life and the Islamic way of life are diametricly opposed to each other. They cannot coexist. At some point we will need to grasp that, because if we keep bending over to "accomedate" muslims we may well find it's US donning guns and bombs to push them out of our country just to maintain our own constitutional liberties.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
The worlds going mad..

Let us contrast this attack on religious liberty for a moment with the backbreaking contortions that the public education system performs to explicitly allow Muslim students to wear whatever and pray whenever in school. In the Liverpool district where I live, there are a few Muslim families with children in the schools that are given time out of class to go to the main office and pray. They are allowed to skip a required class – music – because the music class is apparently not Muslim. This is happening in other parts of the country as well. In Tennessee, Christian parents are upset that their children were not allowed to pray – in the morning before school started – but Muslim children were allowed to pray on school grounds during school time: Right now, Christian supporters of school prayer are outraged over an ACLU lawsuit aimed at Wilson County schools. Part of the argument stems from a “See You at the Pole” prayer event — held around the school flag pole one morning just before school for any one who wanted to attend. Now, consider this: During the recent Muslim holy month of Ramadan, teachers in Metro Nashville schools were actually ordered to release Muslim students from class at certain times – to go to unused classrooms or offices — so that they could attend to their Muslim prayers. read more A news story in USA Today laid out a number of instances of this ridiculous double standard: Some public schools and universities are granting Muslim requests for prayer times, prayer rooms and ritual foot baths, prompting a debate on whether Islam is being given preferential treatment over other religions. The University of Michigan at Dearborn is planning to build foot baths for Muslim students who wash their feet before prayer. An elementary school in San Diego created an extra recess period for Muslim pupils to pray. At George Mason University in Fairfax, Va., Muslim students using a “meditation space” laid out Muslim prayer rugs and separated men and women in accordance with their Islamic beliefs. Critics see a double standard and an organized attempt to push public conformance with Islamic law. “What (school officials) are doing … is to give Muslim students religious benefits that they do not give any other religion right now,” says Richard Thompson, president and chief counsel at the Thomas More Law Center, an advocacy group for Christians.

What's going on with our governments now we are conspiracy talking im with you now on this one!.
links wont work! sorry mods people
edit on 15-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

I can't really speak for the schools else where but, I live in Houston, Texas in a small suburb. The public school my daughter goes to here has a zero tolerance policy for anything religious going on during school hours. Christian, Muslim or other wise. I like it that way. There is no way in hell they would get away with special prayer time in the office or getting released for Ramadumb. Halloween is the only exception, they get to wear costumes to school as long as their not disturbing the other students and I really have no idea bit I don't think that's considered a religious holiday anyway.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Or with luck, people wake up and realize that there are others who disagree with their POV and they...accept it for what it is.

A part of maturation out of babyhood is to realize there are beliefs and viewpoints out there that contradict your own and throwing a tantrum about that wont help. I guess there are large parts of civilization that have yet to evolve beyond the infancy stage.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I i was engaged to a woman who was the head of the housing department in my city and if i
told you guys the truth then it will be world war three tomorro.If your a single guy waiting
to be housed on a housing register you are told lies you are told to wait 40yrs to be housed
while middle eastern immagrants are rehoused in six weeks fact!. i won't say what else otherwise
we would all strapping on our civil war suits my freinds.

If you speak up: there is no freedom of speech no equality.
I better keep stum i think.i am blaming the government here btw.

ooops ...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

I take it you don't understand what sarcasm is

I wasn't suggesting we limit our freedom to appease them, I was pointing out the glaring hypocrisy in the PM's words

Maybe it's not hypocrisy... did he not condemn what happened? Maybe, he would be open to something to the effect of what you previous suggested.

You do not know and nor do I. If you do know, maybe phone Obama and give him a heads up.

Do you think that they just run around bashing the US non-stop, 24/7 and it's universally accepted over there?

I'm tellin ya....

Sarcasm?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

I can't really speak for the schools else where but, I live in Houston, Texas in a small suburb. The public school my daughter goes to here has a zero tolerance policy for anything religious going on during school hours. Christian, Muslim or other wise. I like it that way. There is no way in hell they would get away with special prayer time in the office or getting released for Ramadumb. Halloween is the only exception, they get to wear costumes to school as long as their not disturbing the other students and I really have no idea bit I don't think that's considered a religious holiday anyway.
Ill tell yer well basically any christian in england can be forced to pray to allah

Two schoolboys were given detention after refusing to kneel down and ‘pray to Allah’ during a religious education lesson. Parents were outraged that the two boys from year seven (11 to 12-year-olds) were punished for not wanting to take part in the practical demonstration of how Allah is worshipped. They said forcing their children to take part in the exercise at Alsager High School, near Stoke-on-Trent - which included wearing Muslim headgear - was a breach of their human rights.

Not only was it forced upon them, my daughter was told off for not doing it right.

“They’d never done it before and they were supposed to do it in another language.”

“My child has been forced to pray to Allah in a school lesson.” The grandfather of one of the pupils in the class said: “It’s absolutely disgusting, there’s no other way of putting it.

“My daughter and a lot of other mothers are furious about their children being made to kneel on the floor and pray to Islam. If they didn’t do it they were given detention.

Again im talking about the attitudes of our government the motherland AKA: ENGLAND.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Having another country dictate what Americans should do would be just as bad as serving bacon* AND MAKING THEM EAT IT, in Egypt.

*Bacon is tasty wonderfulness.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by benrl

Having another country dictate what Americans should do would be just as bad as serving bacon* AND MAKING THEM EAT IT, in Egypt.

Schools across Britain are increasingly banning pork from lunch menus to avoid offending Muslims ? Hundreds of schools have adopted a “no pork” policy ? Bangers ban in hundreds of schools. Pork is being banned from school dinners even where the majority of parents have no religious objection to it.

WTF ... I am appauled at my countrys sellout punishing our own children if they do not do as they
are told..just read this guys again my links do not work

in Cheshire, a 14-year-old Roman Catholic girl who attends Ellesmere Port Catholic High School was branded a truant by teachers for refusing to dress like a Muslim and visit a mosque. In Stoke-on-Trent, schools have been ordered to rearrange exams, cancel swimming lessons and stop sex education during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. In Norwich, the Knowland Grove Community First School has axed the traditional Christmas play to “look at some of the other great cultural festivals of the world.”

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

the muslims say that islam is a religion of peace, but if you go and provoke them by insulting their prophet, they aren't going to run, they are going to attack you.

respect other peoples culture. its as simple as that.

that movie was done to provoke muslims into violence because they knew the outcome.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Schools across Britain are increasingly banning pork from lunch menus to avoid offending Muslims ? Hundreds of schools have adopted a “no pork” policy ? Bangers ban in hundreds of schools. Pork is being banned from school dinners even where the majority of parents have no religious objection to it.

WTF ...

Like I stated in another thread, freedom cannot be taken away, it can only be given away by those who don't value it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

If one of my kids was forced to pray in that manner...I'd be in jail for putting the teacher on their kness in a violent manner. I don't care if they were a man or woman.

That teacher needs to be fired ASAP.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

I used to tell a Muslim coworker if god didn't want us eating pig, why did he make the lil bastards so delicious.

He was good humored and took things like that in stride.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by benrl

the muslims say that islam is a religion of peace, but if you go and provoke them by insulting their prophet, they aren't going to run, they are going to attack you.

that movie was done to provoke muslims into violence because they knew the outcome.

Um, so when OWS displays a sign that I disagree with, I can be justified in killing all OWS protesters?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by benrl

Evil thrives on the respect and tolerance of good well meaning people.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Why are people so outraged at this attack on free speech when we in the Western world have a concept known as 'hate speech', which this video could be construed as?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

Ill tell yer well basically any christian in england can be forced to pray to allah

Two schoolboys were given detention after refusing to kneel down and ‘pray to Allah’ during a religious education lesson. Parents were outraged that the two boys from year seven (11 to 12-year-olds) were punished for not wanting to take part in the practical demonstration of how Allah is worshipped. They said forcing their children to take part in the exercise at Alsager High School, near Stoke-on-Trent - which included wearing Muslim headgear - was a breach of their human rights.

Not only was it forced upon them, my daughter was told off for not doing it right.

“They’d never done it before and they were supposed to do it in another language.”

“My child has been forced to pray to Allah in a school lesson.” The grandfather of one of the pupils in the class said: “It’s absolutely disgusting, there’s no other way of putting it.

“My daughter and a lot of other mothers are furious about their children being made to kneel on the floor and pray to Islam. If they didn’t do it they were given detention.

Again im talking about the attitudes of our government the motherland AKA: ENGLAND.

That's absolutely horrible. I wouldn't stand for it. To be totally honest Billy would end up back in jail with another assault charge and a teacher would have their head kicked in if that was my kid. Schools should be for knowledge not religion period. That's what churches and the like are for.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join