It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of the Box Ways to Fix the Worlds Problems - Add Yours

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

Originally posted by britelite1971
reply to post by IndieA

I'm not familiar with what Iceland did to solve their financial crisis. Can you elaborate?

You should look into it.

Basically when Iceland bankers tried to get bailed out by the taxpayer for poor investments that the banks made, the taxpayers got to vote on it and voted 93% in favor of not bailing them out.

They then arrested or exile the people involved, in what was essentially a massive scam, to prevent this from happening again.

I think they then went on to write a new constitution.

An even shorter explanation is, they identified the problem, the central bankers, removed them from power, then took preventive measures to prevent this from happening again in the future.

Have to go now, packing to go to Iceland....
Wow! Sounds amazing! I wish our government here was more like that. The sad part is thought that most of the politicians are in bed with the bankers.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by britelite1971

Let's all get full body tattooed in the color pink and accept sponge bob as our one true God.

I think that would solve a few issues....

Peace

(Sorry for not being serious with your thread, I mean well but it's Saturdaynight over here where I am and it's effects are starting to show. Will log off in a moment)

No problem. You are probably feeling much better right now than most of us!
Pink...I like pink....and Spongebob is pretty cool. Could we also pick our government leaders based on things like best looking, funniest or whatever? It'd probably work out better that way in the end.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Oh yeah....you mean the media that is pretty much the mouthpiece for our government? Yeah....that one. I can tell why they pretty much didn't report it at least here in America. Goodness knows the politicians wouldn't want to see their banker friends go bye bye. That would just put them that much closer to getting the boot themselves.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

Are you trying to say the bankers caused their own downfall in Iceland? Do you honestly believe that they have absolute and total control?

Are you trying to tell me it's impossible to usurp the power?

I think not. Any team can beat any team on any day.

The people can reclaim power, if they want it.

To quote Jim Morrison, "they have the guns but we have the numbers".

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

reply to post by benrl

So, two questions for you. Why should innocent people have to die for someone else's actions? Yes, he has the right of free speech, but on the other hand he made the youtube video with the intent to inflame and knew what the consequences of his actions would be. How do you propose to deal with the rioting and unrest that has ensued because of the video?

Second question, how do you go about educating everyone? I think education is a good answer but how would you propose to do that?

First, your exactly right, Innocent people shouldn't have to die for someone else s actions, thats something that should be taught to those ignorant mobs rioting over a youtube video.

They should know better, someone should of taught them better.

Words are no reason to kill over, and its ignorant to do so, and yes I am purposefully misunderstanding your point.

As for the education, well thats to each countries prerogative, here in the US Id start by transfer that massive military budget, the one thats more than the rest of the worlds defense spending combined, and redistribute it among public schools.

That'd be a good start, you ever wonder why education is the first thing cut in budget short falls?

Its because Education would counter all the BS we see in the world today, its TPTB vested interest in keeping the populous dumb, makes for better cannon fodder for their needless wars.

Yeah, I gottcha. Just for the record though, I'm not excusing the behavior of the mobs. You are right, there is no excuse for that behavior no matter how offended a person is and it all comes down to personal responsibility for our own actions regardless of where we live or our belief system.

You have got me thinking about the education thing. Hmmmm.....maybe the government doesn't want too many people to be educated. Just like they don't want us thinking for ourselves and questioning things online. It's hard to keep sheople in line when they start using their brains.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Are you trying to say the bankers caused their own downfall in Iceland? Do you honestly believe that they have absolute and total control?

Tell us how we can reclaim the power. That's what I'm looking for in this thread. At least here in America we were supposed to be "a country by the people for the people". What can we do to get that back? I personally don't think that a giant civil war is going to do the trick. What is it that TPTB need the most that we can take away from them...power....money....what? And how can we do that outside of violence?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

So do you think that most of us will still be alive by the time that our world gets to the needing to be rebuilt part? If not, what do we need to be passing on to future generations that will help them to rebuild a world that is better than ours?

link   

Oh please, Iceland has strong people and they deserve credit but if the bankers WANT something, you're gonna fking die if it's valuable enough.
You know it's true man.
We have numbers but we have alot of insecurity through all the deceptions they place between us

link   
Create a day of jubilee for the entire world (forgiving ALL debt incurred two years prior to the date set for Jubilee)

Fire ALL politicians and political leaders in the entire world. Set mandatory lifetime limits of 6 years for each political job held, throughout the world. Set mandatory lifetime limits of bureaucratic personnel to 6 years in any one position. Institute mandatory jail terms for politicians, political leaders or bureaucrats who reap any outside financial gain directly related to their job, other than a salary and expenses while in office. While in office all above people would be required to pay in taxes 75% of all personal financial gain outside of their salary and expenses, and a 50% tax on spousal income and financial gain.

Obliterate all regulations, leaving in place only criminal and traffic laws, and regulations that have been voted on by a legislative body. Make ALL future regulations subject to review and a vote by the people in the area (local to national) directly affected by the regulation.
edit on 15-9-2012 by grandmakdw because: Clarification: to make the sentence more understandable.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by benrl

So, two questions for you. Why should innocent people have to die for someone else's actions? Yes, he has the right of free speech, but on the other hand he made the youtube video with the intent to inflame and knew what the consequences of his actions would be. How do you propose to deal with the rioting and unrest that has ensued because of the video?

Ya know, it doesn't matter why the film maker created such a lousy movie. But if anything good comes out of this, it's that the violent protestors (over a stupid MOVIE) really showed the whole world their true colors. They are ignorant, immature, fanatical, and can't be dealt with rationally.

My answer is drop all of them back in the Middle East and let them kill each other off. If they truly believe that allah will give them each 40 virgins when they reach heaven for dying in a war, then let them get it done as quickly as possible so we can finally have a chance at peace on earth.
edit on 9/15/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

You are right. I am always left scratching my head as to why people make excuses for that kind of behavior, or why we continue to send them money while our own country is going bankrupt. Then there is the why are we even there question. We are clearly not wanted there. We go, we bomb them and fight a war, then rebuild their country to better than before we even went, then they hate us. We just keep doing it again and again.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think we should do away with money completely. The whole system is silly anyway. Useless paper.... that is backed by a useless pile of shiny rocks. We truly are barely out of the jungle! The Earth should be a paradise and there is no reason why it isn't except for greed. If people worked and did their part in society so that we could all have everything it would be a perfect world.

My husband is in sales, he spends 85 percent of his time trying to beat his competition. What a waste of time! In a society without money there would be no competition. Everyone in that field would work together. Everyone would have a job and we would all have less work to do.

We would have two problems to work through in this type of society. Power hungry people and slackers. We have them now and we would have them then.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
There have already been some rather good replies as well as some bickering over semantics but all in all I think we as a species really need to pull our collective heads out of our backsides. The stench and blind fumbling about is going to cost us in the end.

I would say from my research on Ancient civilizations is that we will never fix our problems but hopefully may grow out of them. That may not happen if we keep destroying our home. We could be the first in a long line of extinctions to be the only ones to cause our own. Either through direct provocation, confrontation with one another [Usually over greed or hatred] or through negligence, ignorance and denial of the impact we are having on our one and only biosphere.

We can start by eliminating our modern era addiction to any petroleum based fuel sources and Atomic energy. Focus on clean renewable only resources.

I have hopes that one day we'll reach Type 1 civilization status but as of right now Boys and Girls Homo Sapiens future isn't looking all that hot...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
Create a day of jubilee for the entire world (forgiving ALL debt incurred two years prior to the date set for Jubilee)

Fire ALL politicians and political leaders in the entire world. Set mandatory lifetime limits of 6 years for each political job held, throughout the world. Set mandatory lifetime limits of bureaucratic personnel to 6 years in any one position. Institute mandatory jail terms for politicians, political leaders or bureaucrats who reap any outside financial gain directly related to their job, other than a salary and expenses while in office. While in office all above people would be required to pay in taxes 75% of all personal financial gain outside of their salary and expenses, and a 50% tax on spousal income and financial gain.

Obliterate all regulations, leaving in place only criminal and traffic laws, and regulations that have been voted on by a legislative body. Make ALL future regulations subject to review and a vote by the people in the area (local to national) directly affected by the regulation.
edit on 15-9-2012 by grandmakdw because: Clarification: to make the sentence more understandable.

WoooooHoooooo!
Thanks for that! That brings up sooo many good points! Isn't it about time we stopped electing the same rich jerks over and over again? It's like the same people just with different masks on. I'm beginning to think they are just clones of the politicians that went before them.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You're right, it doesn't look so hot. I'm afraid that we will destroy ourselves before our civilization gets a chance to "grow out of it". Seriously, if I was a house pet I'd be meeting with the other house pets to plan a revolution before the humans destroyed our planet. One of the problems is that we can't even all agree to disagree long enough to work together to save our stupid backsides. The so called leaders pit us against each other using the media as bait, and we are so busy fighting each other that we're still fighting while the world is burning around us.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sio10580
I think we should do away with money completely. The whole system is silly anyway. Useless paper.... that is backed by a useless pile of shiny rocks. We truly are barely out of the jungle! The Earth should be a paradise and there is no reason why it isn't except for greed. If people worked and did their part in society so that we could all have everything it would be a perfect world.

My husband is in sales, he spends 85 percent of his time trying to beat his competition. What a waste of time! In a society without money there would be no competition. Everyone in that field would work together. Everyone would have a job and we would all have less work to do.

We would have two problems to work through in this type of society. Power hungry people and slackers. We have them now and we would have them then.

I feel for your husband. I tried sales once and I hated it. It is a dog eat dog world in sales. Some people like it and are good at it but I wasn't one of them, and since I was selling something I couldn't believe in it felt alot like lying.

I think the getting rid of money thing is a good idea. I think that may end up happening one day anyhow if our society keeps self destructing. Most of the most money and power hungry people would probably kill themselves because that is what their whole identity is based on. The slackers though, I don't know about.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Iceland demonstrated to the people of the world, how to usurp powers that be,in a peaceful legal manner.

It was vastly ignored by the media and I bet you can guess why.

yes and they have put the same kind of individuals back in power so you see it's the system needing replacement as much as the people running it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So do you think that most of us will still be alive by the time that our world gets to the needing to be rebuilt part? If not, what do we need to be passing on to future generations that will help them to rebuild a world that is better than ours?

i think many will not make it through such a collective devastating happening no. the most important thing to pass on to the survivors would be, never forget how a world ends up where people don't care about each other any longer. when most people live their lives in service to self, what you end up with is what we have now, when most people live their lives in service to others what you have is a society that can over come anything.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

i think many will not make it through such a collective devastating happening no. the most important thing to pass on to the survivors would be, never forget how a world ends up where people don't care about each other any longer. when most people live their lives in service to self, what you end up with is what we have now, when most people live their lives in service to others what you have is a society that can over come anything.

Wow! Love that last sentence! We are definitely to the point now where most people only care about themselves and what they can get for themselves. Ever see the movie "The Village"? I hope I have that name right but its about a group of people that bought a bunch of land and reverted back to life like in the 1800's. Sometimes I think that's not such a bad idea.....starting over from the ground up.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Who says the world has problems to fix? out of the box huh.

Conflict between different race, religion, group, country or any conflict for that matter boils down to Mother Nature. Once this is understood the better, and once it's understood fighting against Mother Nature and who we really are... all the better too.

The human is just an animal like any other, the problem is we've managed to elevate ourselves to the idea that we are better than animals. We seem to have the idea that we have evolved into a different entity to animals, that we have different needs and different behaviour... of course this is just an illusion. An illusion most people have fallen for and why people despair at the fighting in this world. When you break this illusion the world around you may start to make sense.

People forget where they have come from, a few thousand years doesn't make what we are, a few million does.

When you understand that we are just animals you will then see why there is conflict between us. Fighting between people has many reasons (religion, race, borders, beliefs, crime, greed etc.) but what this all boils down to is fighting between tribes or packs or whatever group name you want to use. One human can be classified under many different tribes (White, Christian, Italian, Poor, Southern Italian, Vince City, Pizza Road, Pasta Family etc..), one person can be in many tribes from the size of religion and country to the size of family and friends.

The potential for conflict associated with any one of the tribes you belong to is fairly high.
This conflict between groups of people is the very same we see in mother nature all the time. Tribes of monkeys fight over territory and food, as do most animals that live in groups. It's what animals do for their perceived survival, this is deeply ingrained into our very being too and it would be strange if it wasn't.

So people can post how we should spread the love and how we are all the same... but in reality we are built to protect our tribes and fight to help them survive as best as possible, it's what we are and it's where we came from. It's unnatural to fight these desires and pretend you love people you don't even know.

Of course this is all just my opinion and what I believe, I'm sure people think we can live in a fairy tail... Just let me know when it comes true and I will let you know when we've defied mother nature and what we are.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join