It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of the Box Ways to Fix the Worlds Problems - Add Yours

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A couple of days ago I started thinking that maybe there are some ways to fix the worlds problems by thinking out of the box.....that is without violence....and perhaps with a little bit of humor and sometimes silliness. Here's a couple of my ideas, and I hope you will contribute yours. Any problem, any solution. My hope for this thread is that we can have a little fun, do some brainstorming together, and that maybe there is a chance we can come up with some great ideas.

Here's mine:

#1 - Let the rioters have the youtube video maker. He knew what he was doing right? He knew that rioting would insue and that people would get hurt, buildings burned etc. Why should even one more innocent person get hurt because of his "trolling". Yes we have free speech here in America, and legally he used that right. Now, lets do like our parents used to do and make him explain and apologize to their face. If we turn him over to them...no more reason to riot right? If that's not the real reason they are rioting, then it will be evident because once they are allowed to explain their hurt feelings to him face to face, then they wouldn't have any reason to continue to riot. Right?

#2 - Sick of congress not working for us and that every single president we elect makes tons of promises while campaigning and then never keeps them after elected? Sick of the fact that we are expected to work with others nicely and be productive at our jobs, but our elected officials never are at theirs? Or the fact that they use the media to divide and conquer us so that we can never stand as one to stand against them and make them work for us, not for their own financial and power gain? Here's a thought......it's kind of like the blue flu. Every single working American suddenly has 12 dependants.....that's right.....overnight the stork leaves us each many additional kids and we all have to change our withholding exemptions until literally NO TAXES are coming out of our checks. Perhaps they might have to start thinking about their job performance! After all, it could be months and months before the beginning of the next year when taxes had to be filed, and even at that....if millions of Americans were participating it would be hard for the IRS to intervene, and the paperwork backlog would be endless, So, where would the money come from to pay the congressmen.....how would they get their morning expressos and their massages, and spa days? Aaaack! The end is coming!

So what do you think? Any ideas for fixing our financially bankrupt countries, crooked politicians who run a sham of a government and steal from the people? What about other things like civil unrest, freedoms being taken away from the people and well, the list could just go on and on.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971

Here's mine:

#1 - Let the rioters have the youtube video maker. He knew what he was doing right? He knew that rioting would insue and that people would get hurt, buildings burned etc. Why should even one more innocent person get hurt because of his "trolling". Yes we have free speech here in America, and legally he used that right. Now, lets do like our parents used to do and make him explain and apologize to their face. If we turn him over to them...no more reason to riot right? If that's not the real reason they are rioting, then it will be evident because once they are allowed to explain their hurt feelings to him face to face, then they wouldn't have any reason to continue to riot. Right?

Well, Id say education, real education that teaches critical thinking.

That would solve all the worlds problems, including people making ignorant suggestions like handing over someone to a mob for practicing free speech.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
All countries with central banks follow Iceland's lead to solve there financial crisis.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
-Direct community service as tax payment.

-Rotating various professionals as teachers for tax payment instead of so many ineffective full timers.

- A petition refusing to elect politicians that accept lobby money, similar to Norquist's no tax.

- Focus more on space exploration.

- Making Jerusalem the headquarters of a UN style body aimed at uniting nations with significant populations of the three Abrahamic religions. The state of Israel becomes not a Jewish state, but a multicultural, equal representation, state.

I could go on for a while, but I'll stop there for now.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Having a double post problem today.

-Making public school available for free until 20, initial degree at 15.

- Passing grades on test lower to 40, harder test so % passing stays the same.

-Don't start major testing so soon. Make it harder when it's done.

-More global, international based education.

-Exchange programs with foreign countries subsidized by gov. to increase friendliness. Mass diplomacy.

-DEMILITARIZE!
edit on 9/15/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

So, two questions for you. Why should innocent people have to die for someone else's actions? Yes, he has the right of free speech, but on the other hand he made the youtube video with the intent to inflame and knew what the consequences of his actions would be. How do you propose to deal with the rioting and unrest that has ensued because of the video?

Second question, how do you go about educating everyone? I think education is a good answer but how would you propose to do that?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I'm not familiar with what Iceland did to solve their financial crisis. Can you elaborate?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
-Stop worshipping munny, and use it effectively

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
As far as Canada goes I say we open the floodgates and bring ALL the Muslims over , then we can pack all our stuff up and move to the middle east in peace ! It's way warmer over there , we wouldnt need snow tires or long johns and I'm sure gas would be cheaper !!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

I really like your ideas about performing community service as tax payment, foreign exchange program and using professionals as teachers and rotating them. I think those are good ideas that are not costly but yet could really enhance our societies world wide. Also, the one about politicians and lobbyists. Sure it's illegal for politicians to take "gifts" from lobbyists, but we all know they do it. How else does a politician enter politics and then come out much much more rich then they were when they went in?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

How do you think we could get our society to stop worshipping money?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Hmmmm......definitely out of the box! Now you have me thinking!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

Let's all get full body tattooed in the color pink and accept sponge bob as our one true God.

I think that would solve a few issues....

Peace

(Sorry for not being serious with your thread, I mean well but it's Saturdaynight over here where I am and it's effects are starting to show. Will log off in a moment)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

reply to post by benrl

So, two questions for you. Why should innocent people have to die for someone else's actions? Yes, he has the right of free speech, but on the other hand he made the youtube video with the intent to inflame and knew what the consequences of his actions would be. How do you propose to deal with the rioting and unrest that has ensued because of the video?

Second question, how do you go about educating everyone? I think education is a good answer but how would you propose to do that?

First, your exactly right, Innocent people shouldn't have to die for someone else s actions, thats something that should be taught to those ignorant mobs rioting over a youtube video.

They should know better, someone should of taught them better.

Words are no reason to kill over, and its ignorant to do so, and yes I am purposefully misunderstanding your point.

As for the education, well thats to each countries prerogative, here in the US Id start by transfer that massive military budget, the one thats more than the rest of the worlds defense spending combined, and redistribute it among public schools.

That'd be a good start, you ever wonder why education is the first thing cut in budget short falls?

Its because Education would counter all the BS we see in the world today, its TPTB vested interest in keeping the populous dumb, makes for better cannon fodder for their needless wars.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

How do you think we could get our society to stop worshipping money?

To be honest, nothing besides taking it away.
If ww3 pops off, money will be useless anyways

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

reply to post by benrl

our govt. does it several times a day behind closed doors so i don't see a difference between the movie maker and the DC 535 do you?

our world will remain this way until it is reduced to the point of needing complete rebuilding, only then will we collectively be in a position to solve any world problems. until then ideas are good for future brain storming but little else.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by IndieA

I'm not familiar with what Iceland did to solve their financial crisis. Can you elaborate?

You should look into it.

Basically when Iceland bankers tried to get bailed out by the taxpayer for poor investments that the banks made, the taxpayers got to vote on it and voted 93% in favor of not bailing them out.

They then arrested or exile the people involved, in what was essentially a massive scam, to prevent this from happening again.

I think they then went on to write a new constitution.

An even shorter explanation is, they identified the problem, the central bankers, removed them from power, then took preventive measures to prevent this from happening again in the future.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Iceland demonstrated to the people of the world, how to usurp powers that be,in a peaceful legal manner.

It was vastly ignored by the media and I bet you can guess why.

Here's a good report about it.

edit on 15-9-2012 by IndieA because: added video

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Ya know, it doesn't matter why the film maker created such a lousy movie. But if anything good comes out of this, it's that the violent protestors (over a stupid MOVIE) really showed the whole world their true colors. They are ignorant, immature, fanatical, and can't be dealt with rationally.

My answer is drop all of them back in the Middle East and let them kill each other off. If they truly believe that allah will give them each 40 virgins when they reach heaven for dying in a war, then let them get it done as quickly as possible so we can finally have a chance at peace on earth.
edit on 9/15/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

reply to post by IndieA

You should look into it.

Basically when Iceland bankers tried to get bailed out by the taxpayer for poor investments that the banks made, the taxpayers got to vote on it and voted 93% in favor of not bailing them out.

They then arrested or exile the people involved, in what was essentially a massive scam, to prevent this from happening again.

I think they then went on to write a new constitution.

An even shorter explanation is, they identified the problem, the central bankers, removed them from power, then took preventive measures to prevent this from happening again in the future.

Do you think that happened by chance? It was obviously not an issue to hold onto iceland for the bankers.
You know they would have leveled the place, first if it did
edit on 15-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join