It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop helping in covering up lies in the bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
People have been covering up the lies that are in the bible.

In that book it is word of a second coming of a fellow named Jesus.

But that fellow had his second coming already when he came back resurrected from the dead.

So how is it that people still act like their is this second coming still pending?

Lo, the bible is a book of poorly told lies.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
some say jesus has came three times. Have you ever seen david de rothschild? On a plastic yacht, glistening in the sun?
Many ladies fell for the 3rd

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

But that fellow had his second coming already when he came back resurrected from the dead.

It says when he comes back, how he will come back. Resurrected from the dead, does not follow these attributes.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.

Matthew 24:27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Matthew 24:30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

If you want to use a lie, pick a better one than what you have written.
edit on 15-9-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Even though the bible is in fact mostly made up, your example shows that you do not seem to have read the thing, but trying to build yourself an image out of tiny inaccurate fragments.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by WarJohn

It says when he comes back, how he will come back. Resurrected from the dead, does not follow these attributes.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.

Matthew 24:27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Matthew 24:30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

If you want to use a lie, pick a better one than what you have written.
edit on 15-9-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

Compare the quotes you quoted.

With angels and then not with angels?

As lightning and then not as lightning?

Sounds like a poorly told lie that is easy to spot by whomever was behind those books in the bible.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

That's GOT to be just the biggest cloud ever! Every nation will see it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by jhill76

"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

Blocking out the sun.............. and returning the first day to the rightful owner.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

reply to post by jhill76

Blocking out the sun.............. and returning the first day to the rightful owner.

If it blocks out the sun how are we all supposed to see him coming? It will be dark.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
In revelation.... J.c said He is coming.

"I am coming soon"

This is after the fact that Jesus came from death and then later went back up to the father, although I believe he had a long a healthy life hiding in France...

You are just misinformed.

Rev 22" 1-21

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

reply to post by jhill76

If it blocks out the sun how are we all supposed to see him coming? It will be dark.

Metaphor.. The day of the sun will be reclaimed by the true son

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm learning that threads that contain the Bible or any religious tones can be quite confusing on the level where there are many minds thinking and contemplating who or what God is TO THEM.

I am coming to believe we ALL hold half truths and TOGETHER have the absolute ( ONE TRUTH).

So, with that said it takes MANY ways to reach the ONE way, and this is OUR story even though we also have ONE story.

Jesus shows us three, three, three!

He will come again the third time to bring life!

I can expand on this thought process.
edit on 15-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I'm learning that threads that contain the Bible or any religious tones can be quite confusing on the level where there are many minds thinking and contemplating who or what God is TO THEM.

I am coming to believe we ALL hold half truths and TOGETHER have the absolute ( ONE TRUTH).

So, with that said it takes MANY ways to reach the ONE way, and this is OUR story even though we also have ONE story.

Jesus shows us three, three, three!

He will come again the third time to bring life!

I can expand on this thought process.
edit on 15-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

Do you believe in reincarnation?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

Jesus never denied Reincarnation and many of the prophets/mystics/ and others (Kohath) of the bible (enoch) could be stories of the traveling souls and the 12 apostles being some, one or a part of them, elijah...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Dp
edit on 15-9-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What is the Lie? Could it be that the referenced "second" coming is not even recorded in the bible? Could it be you are not aware that the Bible doesn't state "Second" coming at all? So it cannot be a lie since there is no use of the term "second" coming. There are multiple references to his "coming" or "return". Not his "second" coming. This is a part of Christian Doctrine taught by most ministers and clergy evidenced by the fact that there is really only a reference to His returning again, and they reference it a "second" coming.
. Add 1+1 to equal 2 meaning second. Some Christians actually believe in 3 comings. My point is that the Bible doesn't even use the word/term second in reference to the return of Jesus. So how can you call something a lie that isn't in the book to begin with. It is doctrine.
It is not recorded. The term again is used. among other terms. But you can return again and again and again. Second coming or Third coming is not a lie. It is based on study of individual people and their belief.
There belief is simply that. Keeping in mind they all believe he is indeed going to return.

Please show me chapter and verse where it says he will be coming back a "second" time.

I personally believe Jesus can return as often as he wishes. The key is not in the number of times he returns for whatever reason. The key is in the event itself and being prepared for it.
People have made this doctrine. It is based on sound evidence, but there are many that dispute it.
Second...coming .... It is not in the Bible. The return/coming is.
It is very clear you have not read this book. If you had read the Bible you would know that "second coming" is not in it. Only his return. He could return a hundred times and none of us would be aware.
The only contradiction is in the mind of man.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
What is the Lie? Could it be that the referenced "second" coming is not even recorded in the bible? Could it be you are not aware that the Bible doesn't state "Second" coming at all? So it cannot be a lie since there is no use of the term "second" coming. There are multiple references to his "coming" or "return". Not his "second" coming. This is a part of Christian Doctrine taught by most ministers and clergy evidenced by the fact that there is really only a reference to His returning again, and they reference it a "second" coming.
. Add 1+1 to equal 2 meaning second. Some Christians actually believe in 3 comings. My point is that the Bible doesn't even use the word/term second in reference to the return of Jesus. So how can you call something a lie that isn't in the book to begin with. It is doctrine.
It is not recorded. The term again is used. among other terms. But you can return again and again and again. Second coming or Third coming is not a lie. It is based on study of individual people and their belief.
There belief is simply that. Keeping in mind they all believe he is indeed going to return.

Please show me chapter and verse where it says he will be coming back a "second" time.

I personally believe Jesus can return as often as he wishes. The key is not in the number of times he returns for whatever reason. The key is in the event itself and being prepared for it.
People have made this doctrine. It is based on sound evidence, but there are many that dispute it.
It is very clear you have not read this book. If you had read the Bible you would know that "second coming" is not in it. Only his return. He could return a hundred times and none of us would be aware.

Sound evidence? Show me sound evidence that a dead guy has ever dropped out of the sky and come to life again.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope

Sound evidence? Show me sound evidence that a dead guy has ever dropped out of the sky and come to life again.

You show your evidence first:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

So, is Jesus the "Son of Man" or "The Son of God?" How many daddies does this guy have?

PS: Virgin birth? There's a lie right there!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Stop helping in covering up lies in the bible

I have to ask...why?
What would be the point?
People already "interpret" the bible to mean whatever they want it to mean.
How would changing the content make a difference?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

With angels and then not with angels?

Why should the angels be mentioned every time if the text is talking about something else?

As lightning and then not as lightning?

This is a matter of understanding the English language.
It says that the way lighting that appear in one place, can be seen somewhere else, so will the people see this happening even though they don't happen to be exactly where the action is.
That sentence wasn't even complicated?

Sounds like a poorly told lie that is easy to spot by whomever was behind those books in the bible.

Even though I don't believe in the bible myself, I'd suggest you to read the bible and try to understand the content before creating a thread about the "lies".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join