It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skipping Time and Place

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
OP...very interesting experiences. I thought I'd share this so you can hear about some weird stuff that has happened to someone else! I'm not trying a hijack here, but I don't think my comment is worth its own thread.

A friend of mine and I had an experience that falls into the 'strange time' category. I think it falls in line with our hiking in what I think is (or was) a power spot or some kind of energy vortex. If I get the time, I'm going to write a thread about the place.

While I'm generally a skeptic (I think far too many people jump to far too many conclusions every time they experience something they can't readily explain), I absolutely believe there are supernatural, preternatural and paranormal events occurring. It's not even debatable, in my opinion.

I would have probably just written off this experience as "oh well, that was weird!" if it were not for a friend having shared the experience. It actually happened a long time ago, in 1994. My friend was a property appraiser and sometimes I'd go along for the ride if he was looking at a cool old house in the country. While driving, we would listen to an "alternative" radio station that played punk and 'indie' music. One night while we were driving back from an appraisal, the station played a song we thought was cool. I remarked that it had a guitar chord progression similar to an old song I couldn't readily remember . We both noted the song had references to Bollywood, the Indian cinema. My buddy even remarked that you don't hear many pop songs with "what sound like Punjab lyrics". I didn't hear the song anymore, until....

Two or three years later, the indie station began playing the song "again". It was "Brimful of Asha" by Cornershop.
I told my friend about it and he said obviously it took a while to become popular. I checked out the CD at a store, and the song was dated 1997. I actually called the indie station and a DJ said it was indeed "a new song".

I checked it out online. While the absolute exact "writing" date of the song is not available, several online sources, including comments from the band Cornershop, say it was written in 1997.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,
Thank you for responding, and for sharing your opinions and experiences.

I really want to put your minds at rest for once and for all about me being hit in the head or having some other form of brain trauma/problem.
I am an English teacher who has traveled around the world and has worked in many different countries before meeting my husband and settling down. When I was 24 years old I was sitting at the passenger seat of my good friend's car, driving along to our hairdresser appointment, when the roads got flooded, it was the flood season in Bangladesh back then and we had to slow down.( This was in Bangladesh, Dhaka) All of a sudden the breaks stopped working and at the same time a car behind us couldn't break either and bumped straight into us, and we hit a wall. The water was covering the tires of the car, it was raining so heavily.

After this incident I was asked by my school principle who had heard about our accident to go to a hospital right away even though I only had bruises on my body. They performed a head TC scan and the pain that I had in my neck and lower head area did confirm that I had whiplash but the TC scan also showed that my brain was absolutely fine.

So for the love of God could you guys please stop asking me or telling me that something was wrong with my brain when I was 22 years old !!! If there was anything wrong with my brain the TC scan would have showed it.

Peace and Light,
Rainbow

edit on 20-9-2012 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

edit on 20-9-2012 by Rainbowresidue because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's so interesting that now that I have given up and exposed some part of my identity-, my friends, if they ever surf this website will know right away who I am ,- (because they will recall that accident in Dhaka before my farewell party going to China) but at the same time no one seems to be saying anymore that I was hit on the head as a child, and that that was the result of my time-skipping experience. It is sad really if one stops to think what a cynical world we have become.

I started this thread here to read of people with similar experiences ( I have only met one person in real life who had a very similar experience of mine with skipping time and ending up somewhere else too) and instead had to post part of my life story to assure people that I wasn't crazy, and I wasn't even claiming to be abducted by aliens- which I wasn't , I only shared a time-skipping experience I had twice that I even to this day think had something to do with time itself, me being anxious and urgent to arrive somewhere, and maybe my own chakra energies.

If there is anyone out there who had the same experience as me -please read my first post , won't explain it again- please send me a message or post here.

Keep your stars and flags,I'm looking for answers.
Thank you.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Rainbowresidue because: sentence

edit on 20-9-2012 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

This isn't an attempt to hijack thread either but u do mention hoping to hear about similar experiences so here goes.

I was excited to read your story as I've only heard of "missing time " before which didn't fit my experience, but your story does..

My experience involved a 2 hour drive i was very familiar with. There was a minor event a couple years earlier as a passenger in car my husband drove and we seemed to make the 2 hour trip in just over an hour despite not remembering excessively speeding but whatever it was just odd quirk quickly dismissed.

A couple years later I was traveling same route this time as driver with my mother as passenger. It was late at night but you still know your landmarks to watch for, seeing your 32 miles from x and knowing when you pass x you'll see a sign that you're 26 miles from y.. I remember that we were about 45minutes from our turnoff and was watching for the next familiar sign, but minute after minute dragged by and every sign was naming cities i wasn't familiar with. After about 10 minutes I pulled off to check the map. We were in a small town about 30 miles past my turnoff. This means we passed multiple high profile signs for my city which is one of the largest in the state, but also drove thru another city right past a brightly lit mall, all while under the impression we were still driving through pitch black countryside?! It also meant I had traveled over 100 miles to my turnoff, plus another 30miles in about an hour. As we drove back through the other city and past the brightly lit mall we were both certain we had not driven that route that night

I apologize for the length and by no means ask for attention, comments or answers on my story, only wish to give you information so you know your not alone!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Cool stories, I'm openly envious. Both instances were transports to areas that you had been before and were very familiar with. Tie that in with a need/desire to get there quickly, almost immediately. Your concious mind was went wandering for a moment but your subconcious mind was most likely very intent on solving your problem. When your concious self next starts to pay attention you are at or very near your destination. Each time was in a different location.

I'm stretching things but it sounds like you are the common denomonator and your intent desire fuels it. I'd be curious if before these events happened if you had a phobia for being late?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousgal

Thanks for bravely sharing your story. I knew there were more of us time-skippers.

reply to post by QuietSpeech

I've had a phobia of being late all my life!
Especially when I was in my teens. My stepfather was very strict and would ground me if I was only 1 minute late.
Hence the phobia, which has followed me into my thirties.
I think you are on to something. This time slip hasn't happened again since then, mainly because I always plan to arrive to places early, than on time or late. So, I guess I had no need for it anymore.
edit on 18/10/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

There have been some posts here on ATS and some videos on YouTube that go into the power of our subconcious mind. Some of them tie into "The Secret", and the phrase "I am". A very short summary from various sources is this.

We are all extensions of god in a human body living experiences here on earth. While in this body we are limited in knowledge and power, however we are able to tap into that power with a strong focus and proper motivation.

Some believe that our subconscious is the side that is closely linked to god/universe and it creates what we tell it to, for good or bad. The only problem is, most people have never tried to tap into that power.

Cool stuff huh? Anyways that is why your time slips are cool, it's like you made them happen. Let's say you did make it happen for whatever reason. (this is my favorite question ever) If we can do amazing things like that, doesn't it make you wonder just who we really are?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

Oh yes, I've heard about the Secret. Yes, sometimes I wonder how much more we humans are actually capable of, if we only knew how.

Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

i was walking across a field one morning as a young kid to go help on the farm i had left at 9.50 am and it was a nice morning i went over a wire fence beside the house into the field and was just at the second fence a total distance of 40 foot .

i heard my grandmother shout and turned round to see what she wanted and started walking back towards her but i did notice that it had got very bright and hotter and i remember looking at the sun thinking thats weird .

my grandmother told me everyone had been looking for me which i could not understand as it is a very open area and said they had been looking for me for hours ????? it was now 2 pm wtf that still cooks my noodle that one i just went back to that spot the other day with the dog and i am still confused about it .

do not think any little green men were involved but i am at a loss to even try and explain that

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Komodo

Flag and star...~!

mega thread ...

here >>>Had a confirmed time slipk

this is something I think a few of us have .. I had to post mine there as well.. not sure how or even why it happens .. but it's freaky as all get out .. !!

I spent way too much time reading your thread, Komodo, but thanks so much for posting it! It is interesting how a lot of these experiences happen when folks are driving or flying.

I have also had an experience with a "time slip." A few years ago I was setting out for my mom's place, a drive that almost always takes me 3.5 hours to travel on normal, dry roads. But just as I left town it started snowing and early on I realized I was socked in and would have to drive all the way through falling snow on slick roads. I decided to make the best of it and slowed down a good 30k/h (20m/h) slower than usual. By my calculations, it should have taken me a full hour longer to reach my destination, so imagine my surprise when I arrived in exactly 3.5 hours, as usual! I like to tell my friends I bent time.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It sounds like you activated a HS skill/soulskill. And so its partial teleporting, or jumping. A family did this when he was jumping off the roof with his friend, not allowed mind you, but did it behind his friend's guardians back. But they were videoing it and just before hitting the ground he appeared to roll and suddenly project forward in a very unusual way. Think we have abilities that get activated from time to time.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

And I'm guessing that once we have no need for a soul ability, it gets weaker or vanishes altogether.

I arrive anywhere I go about 10 minutes early since then to avoid being late, so I would have no more need for this strange ability. And that's why I haven't experienced it in 11 years.

Thanks for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your posts, thoughts, and comments.

PS: Could please tell me what this means:HS skill ?

edit on 19/10/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

No he seems to arrive faster than he should too. LOL. We've always joked about his ninja teleporting skills and so do friends of the family, anywhere he stays.

Higher Self, or infnite soul, of which we are the conscious, dumbed down, sliver, with kind of a veil or dam separating us from more of our knowledge.

Infinite Consciousness, what we would call Source/God/Goodness, is already perfected in its entirety for there is no time, and that includes infinite branches or fractals of self, all of us, and then outside that reality, we take the journey towards perfection in a nonlinear manner, so your past life could have been a futuristic one, its all at once, and there is no real time separating you from that experience, and its is accessible to one waking up and meditation or lucid dreaming if they rise above the lower mind here and primtive instincts.

I've often had veil lift and moments of more of me flooding in, with more knowledge of what is going on, or recognition of people here.

So, our soul skills would be a combination of infinte wholeness we experience already in no time, having journeyed far already, but also, this portion of self's journey's already learnt and under the belt in past and future assignments or lessons.

I've been told sometimes when a person is in danger, your HS kicks in and more of your skills come and that contact or experience can nudge someone to awaken more and start to use that gift more frequently.
edit on 20-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join