It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skipping Time and Place

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hello ATS Members,

I would like to share 2 incidents that happened to me a while back. ( I'm 32 years old now) The first incident happened when I was 19 and the second happened when I was 22. I have told this story to my husband and many friends and thankfully they never thought I was crazy, but unfortunately they never had an explanation for me either.

1st incident:
I was 19 yrs. old. I was at the library, which was only 3 blocks away from our building and stayed too long when I suddenly remembered that I had promised to help my mother with lunch and hurried home. Now I need to paint a picture of our old building. It had 5 floors- we lived on the 4th floor- And the elevator was so slow and old that I usually took the stairs instead. Every floor's door to the view of the indoor yard was different. (One had potted plants next to it, the other was dark brown, etc.)The building had an indoor yard, so every time when I had reached a floor I would see an open door with a view to the yard. Something like this:

So here's the weird part: I'm in a hurry and running upstairs, and am expecting to see the 1st floor door with the potted plants and look up and am on the 5th floor! In spite of being in good shape, running up 5 floors would make anyone try to catch their breath and I was completely fine, not tired, not out of breath just on the darn 5th floor and had no idea how I got there. I was so confused, I walked back downstairs to the 4th floor where we lived and tried to forget about it. And there is no way I could run up 5 floors in 5 seconds, it's just impossible. And why was I on the 5th floor? I don't live there, we lived on the 4th. And another strange feeling I had was that if there were more floors I wouldn't have stopped at 5.

2nd incident:
I was 22 years old. It was winter and I had finished teaching for the day(I taught nursery) and our school was on a remote place up on a hill. I had to walk all the way down the road to reach the bus stop, which was an about 6 minute walk. I was not going to make it to the bus stop in time because it left at 4:15 and it was already 4:14 but I thought if I walk really fast (couldn't run, was wearing heals) and if the bus is late I might get lucky.

So I remember walking in a hurry through the school's gate, and I looked down for just a moment to check the money I had in my hand, and when I looked up I was walking past the bus stop!!! I checked my watch and it was still 4:14. I managed to make a 6 minute walk in a few seconds. Again, no shortness of breath or anything, just feeling really confused. The bus came,and I went home.

I do not believe I was abducted by aliens, even though some of my friends say that must have been the case. I really don't believe that. I was hoping that someone here on ATS could come up with another explanation.

Both incidents happened when I was feeling that I was in need of more time, and I was in a real hurry. And I do not take drugs, I am healthy and do not take any medications, besides the occasional beer on TGIF once a week.
If anyone has had this same or similar experience please let me know.

Please let me know what you guys think.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Flag and star...~!

mega thread ...

here >>>Had a confirmed time slipk

this is something I think a few of us have .. I had to post mine there as well.. not sure how or even why it happens .. but it's freaky as all get out .. !!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Also just wanted to mention that these two incidents have changed my life. Now whenever I need to get somewhere -work, dentist, friend's house- I make sure I leave really early, so wherever I go I arrive at least 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time, so I don't have to feel this urgency thing happening again, because I don't want this incident to repeat itself.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Thanks Komodo,
So at least now I know that I'm not the only one on the planet who had this experience, still doesn't make me feel better though, because I still don't know what it is.
I will read the thread you linked now.
thanks again.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Is it possible you have some kind of mild seizure disorder that you don't know about and your watch was messed up with the bus incident? Were you ever dinged in the head as a child, that could cause something like that.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I've had speed ups and slow downs but no definite skip that I can remember.

Interesting to me that you are trying to avoid it. I feel like I would be going everywhere in a hurry trying to replicate and control it. I mean, it sounds like you're basically teleporting. That could be useful. Maybe just personality differences, or maybe I'm not familiar enough with the psychological side effects.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

I have stated in my post that I am healthy which in my opinion also includes not having seizures.

My watch was working fine before and after the incident.

And about the 'dinged in the head' comment... no I haven't been hit in the head as a child.

My late grandmother always used to say: " If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
Thanks for sharing your thoughts though.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

I've thought about that too although not seriously, just joking with friends about it, though I don't understand what you mean by personality differences.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rainbowresidue

I have stated in my post that I am healthy which in my opinion also includes not having seizures.

My watch was working fine before and after the incident.

And about the 'dinged in the head' comment... no I haven't been hit in the head as a child.

My late grandmother always used to say: " If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
Thanks for sharing your thoughts though.

I didn't mean that in any kind of bad way. Maybe my wording was a little wrong, sorry. You said it started when you were a teen. My thought was maybe you had some head trauma as a child which caused alittle TBI which maybe resulted in mild seizures. I didn't mean someone beat you in the head as a child or anything, could be something as simple as tripping and bonking your head on something. The reason I said that is because it happened to me. A couple of times time came up missing for me. I didn't understand it. It turns out that I had a few seizures where I blacked out for a few minutes and didn't know it, my family saw it and made me go to the doctor. They couldn't figure it out for the longest. Finally an MRI turned up a tiny little bitty bruise on my brain which had caused it........cause I got dinged in the head when I was younger lol. It happens, for real.
edit on 15-9-2012 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Sounds like you possibly walked through a time shift portal. I've read these portals exist in certain places all over the earth. I think the mind has to be on a certain frequency to activate the teleportation though. Since you were feeling rushed, and probably anxious, this could have put you in the right frequency to teleport to where your thoughts wanted you to go.
That's the best explanation I can come up with.
Awesome! I wish I could learn to do this! With the price of gas these days, it sure would come in handy!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Basicly i think its partly psychic connections we have to something..well..big. Time in our perceptions is just an effect of rotations around the sun. But what if there's more to time than we know? Ive met people who have encountered extra-terrestrial craft and lost time. If we create time for ourselves, or find anomalies, i dont really know, but its all very intriguing.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I think what he was saying was because you said you don't wish for that to happen to you again so you try to prevent it by leaving for appointments early, but he would like it if it happened to him....therefore the personality differences. But then he added he doesn't know what psychological effects it has caused for you, so maybe that's why you try to prevent the time slips from occurring again.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Just my opinion, not that it probably matters, but I didn't think what you said about the possible seizure disorder sounded mean or out of line in any way. Just wanted to tell you that.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thank you for your thoughts,
I have also thought about this being somehow related to time, and that time might be more flexible than we assume it to be. I'm pretty sure we haven't figured everything out about our universe yet and how it exactly works.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SkyWatcher13

Thank you for helping me out and also thank you for the explanation of what PatrickGarrow17 said, since personality differences are mostly discussed in psychology when it comes to discussing the way men and women think and how they differ in their way of perception and thinking.

I also agree with what sled 735 said that somehow it must be the right place, the right time, and the right frequency .

If I wasn't such a chicken and a coward, I might consider trying it again, but I remember being so confused both times, and not sure where I was, it's not a good feeling.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You're very welcome.

And you are correct, men and women definitely think differently.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Interesting. I kind of agree with the portal thing. However, now if I ever go to Canada I'm gonna keep trying to be almost late for things and checking my watch to see if something happened

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by Rainbowresidue

really, billy was just giving you a suggestion, and a really good one at that. maybe something happened to you as a child and you dont remember. this stuff happens to me, but i also used to play football and was in two bad car wrecks.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have no explanation to either of your stories, very strange and weird, but thank you for sharing a nice well written post.......

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Here is a video you may find interesting. Time travel is discussed beginning at mark 16:59.

edit on 9/19/2012 by sled735 because: Fix Video Link

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join