It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Power makes WWIII unrealistic.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by techwolf

Actually...I addressed the issue of how in a very short order...there will be a MASSIVE BATTLE in both the House and Senate over the complete and total Restructuring and that word does not even do justice to the amount of CHANGE that will HOPEFULLY be initiated on what our Military would consider OBSOLETE as the FEL System if it is properly constructed, powered and installed as advertised will be a COLD BUCKET OF WATER over the heads of Lawmakers in States that have Large Military Contracts to produce Weapons that will no longer be necessary.

This will be a BLOOD FEUD of EPIC PROPORTIONS! As I have stated several times on other Topics...a Properly Powered FEL System that will be installed...not if...in all Ford and Nimitz Class Carriers, Aegis Cruisers, Land Based FEL's...of which TWO are currently operational, an AIRBORNE FEL if the proper Low Weight and Low Temp. Reactor is capable of being lifted by 747, C-5B, C-17 or B-1...and a whisper I have heard about a Specialized Sub Based FEL which would be almost impossible to deter as it would not have to surface to fire the FEL Beam.

As far as what has been put into the FRINGE of SEMI-PUBLIC Consciousness...Right Now there exists two land based FEL's...an UNKNOWN Number of FEL's that have been installed on usually Non-Military Ship Designs...as well as the beginning of the High Orbit FEL's Over the Horizon Satellite System used for purposes that include Target and Acquisition as well as Multiple Split Beaming of Multiple Targets that are OVER ONE HUNDRED in one Beam Firing.

Discover Magazine had stated and published a statement made and confirmed by both Multiple Physicists as well as supposedly confirmed by Unpublished Military Sources that the two A1B Reactor Design on a Ford Class Carrier would allow a Free Electron Laser Beam so powered to Vaporize a Hole at least 12 inches in diameter and 1000 Feet in Depth THROUGH SOLID STEEL IN SECONDS! You can look this up...I get Discover Magazine so I know this statement was Published.

Now I do not know whether the U.S. Military will go to the lengths to allow MICRO-FUSION LOW TEMP. REACTORS to become PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE as that is what would happen if they Installed them on Carriers and Cruisers. An Associate of mine who is a CAREER NAVAL MILITARY OFFICER has hinted that it might be possible to use two A1B Reactors as well as USE IN SECRET the possible third much smaller and 7 times more powerful as one A1B....Micro-Fusion Reactor on a CARRIER but he said it could not be kept a secret aboard a Cruiser. I asked...HOW? He stated that aboard something as large as a Ford or Nimitz Class Carrier...it would not be out of the realm of possibility for something as SMALL as the Micro-Fusion Reactor to be placed DEEP in the Bowels of the Ship and have the area completely SEPARATED AND COMPARTMENTALIZED as to not allow even the crew to know! They might no something is up but if you have ever been on a Nimitz Class Carrier...their are MANY AREAS that are sequestered from the rest of the Ships Crew such as the Intelligence Groups Work area...the Reactor Area...the Ships CIA Advisory Station. These are just a few areas that a Sailor who spent 3 Tours of Duty would NEVER COME CLOSE TO VIEWING!

After considering his words...I now believe that it IS POSSIBLE for a Third Reactor to be aboard a Carrier without the Public ever knowing about it. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

Crap, sorry about the non working link, I was actually going for this:

Essentially, I think we're probably closer to that level of tech than the stuff I've been reading in this thread.

As for the second part of my post, I didn't mean to imply that I thought we wouldn't use drones at all, I just meant using drones for targeted killing, if we had access to an FEL that could reflect its beam off of numerous satellites and strike anywhere in the world, would be a bad move, both strategically and ethically (since the precision of a laser is leagues beyond that of a drone, we wouldn't have to kill several other people including innocent civilians with each strike). And yeah, Inertial Navigation Systems are badass!

@ SplitInfinity,

Oh, so you're saying we don't actually have the capability to reflect beams from satellites and such? I could definitely believe its a work in progress, but as I said, it doesn't really compute for this to be currently operational in the manner you describe and for us to NOT be using it with almost reckless abandon.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

No...I am not saying we do not have the New Specialized Multi-Compound Insect Eye like Prism Reflection Satellites in Orbit right now...we do. But we do not have all of them that would be required for a World Wide System. In the meanwhile we have some areas that can be covered from Ground Based FEL's as well as a few of the New Satellites in High Orbit that is specific for protection of Hot Spots.

We also have the New Long Burn High Speed Long Distance SM-3 ABM which are right now deployed to every Aegis Cruiser we have in every Carrier Group. This New SM-3 ABM is VERY GOOD at what it can now do...that being...Shoot Down any ICBM at Orbital Heights before an ICBM looses it's nose cone and is able to rain down MIRVED NUCLEAR WARHEADS.

It will be a while before we have enough FEL specific Satellites in High Orbit to have a BEYOND BELIEF Lethal FEL System...which can be used on any target...land, sea, orbit, under ocean and in atmosphere. All Nimitz Class Carriers will be fitted with the FEL and New Nuclear Reactors. The Ford Class Carriers will be launched with an FEL system already installed.

Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I dunno how "secret" it is. Or at least, how much so it will be in the future. You mean whether it'll be used or how it works? In a page or so I could even describe to you how the small reactor basically works. At first glance on the interior it even appears to just be a chemical reaction thing but there's a lot more going on with the lattice wiring inside of the gas chamber. The shape of the atomic-lattice alloy material itself is actually done so in such a way that the reactions popping off everywhere actually hit each other and cause more energetic reactions to occur... actually, I'll stop there with that. People probably don't know what the hell I'm talking about anyways.

Speaking of lattices... Split Infinity, tell you what, if you're interested in paying for my private contracting, I'll help you develop a means of "armor" for these weapons. *poke poke* Even adjustable for various wavelengths... Combined with optics systems it could even be used as a "laser grenade" too! (my term. I just realized the same design 'could' be weaponized) I'm serious about it if you are.

See that? Goes to show you, no one of any "major" military concern ever takes these forums seriously. There's a number of things I've seen where individuals should have been told to shut up about. Certain self-taken photos, comments, etc. Sigh.

By the way, TechW, that was a really nice video. Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen it before and enjoyed it. Not quite as cool as if you had posted a Star Wars clip, though.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

No...I am not saying we do not have the New Specialized Multi-Compound Insect Eye like Prism Reflection Satellites in Orbit right now...we do...

In the meanwhile we have some areas that can be covered from Ground Based FEL's as well as a few of the New Satellites in High Orbit that is specific for protection of Hot Spots.

Whoa, whoa. Even if these orbital systems are out there somewhere, let's say for argument's sake, there is NO way that they have already been launched and are just floating up there in space circling the earth in and out of our protected areas where just about any nation could just shoot down such an expensive and early-stage type of weapon.

That's like inventing the stealth bomber and then placing it on the deck of a ship where it's then televised to the world. I've heard nothing about such a reflection system (which is possible when I think about the prism system and just how that could be utilized to do so - but not in the way you stated), but even if it does, they wouldn't just right off the bat tell everyone about it. People heard about the laser because it was in development with different groups for many many years.

I dunno. Split, as mentioned prior if you have information on this satellite, I would like to see it, please.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Our defense is top-notch. I see how WWIII is very unlikely to US. But just because we aren't involved does not mean its not a "world war." Many other countries may be involved. I may sound dumb but I'm just trying to think outside the box.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Since I have been dealing with the Military for a long time now there is one thing I can tell you that is no secret. If the U.S. Military is creating a Weapon...it is also at the same time creating a way to render such weapon inert. In the case of a Properly Powered FEL...and there is also the MEB...but that is another Direct Energy Weapon...but back to the FEL....they attempted to create a way to counter it. This was done very methodical and in the end it was determined that IF the FEL Beam had the sufficient energy to power it...the Laser which acts like a Particle Beam and Conventional Laser Optics and Mirrors are VAPORIZED when first attempted to be used...it was determined that due to the ABOVE SOLAR CORE TEMPS. involved with a properly powered FEL...no form of Reflection Tech...and this includes our own...same used it it's Targeting Satellite...would be able to reflect the beam as a Target would not have the sufficient amount of time or ability to calculate angles to be properly aligned to reflect the beam...as even our own Prism Reflector will VAPORIZE on contact unless the Networked Super Computers needed do not properly align with the incoming beam. This computing Power was not even available a few years ago.

Also...any form of EM Field or Rotating Harmonic Distortion Frequency generated by either Vibration of Atmosphere or introduction of another Laser or introduction of Plasma or Smoke or all of the above and they also tried Suits coated with secret varieties of materials and as another poster stated...I am sure they also tried Nano-Coating...NOTHING WORKED! The only known or possible ability to reflect or redirect the incoming beam is to KNOW IT IS COMING! Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

SV...I was watching TV a while back and the News was on and out of NOWHERE I see a Video of a Small Boat rocking at sea as the U.S. Navy is shooting a Non-Nuclear Powered FEL beam at it to test TARGET AND ACQUISITION!

I almost fell out of my chair! I NEVER thought they would go public with this tech...that is until I found out why. Two Reasons...1. They planned to have it installed and launched on the USS. CVN-78 GERALD R. FORD in 2015!

They also used an FEL demonstration to prevent THE PLANNED CHINESE INVASION OF TAIWAN! You can google this....a short while back the U.S. Military invites a large contingent of Chinese Military Leadership to watch U.S. Navy Drills and War Games out of Norfolk...the WORLDS LARGEST NAVAL BASE. The Americans also take their Chinese counter parts to many U.S. Military Bases all over the U.S. At some point the Chinese Military Leadership are told about and witness a demonstration of the FEL. They were in SHOCK! A Chinese Admiral states to the World Media that were covering this Historic Trip...that the U.S. has nothing to fear from Chinese Naval as well as other Chinese Military developments. He states publicly that China is Multiple Decades behind the U.S. in both Training, Tech. and Military Systems. He gets home and is almost arrested by the Communist Leadership. He tells them what he saw...they didn't believe him! It took the backing and word of all who attended the TRIP! He avoids Jail! Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I addressed your second post above earlier on in the thread.

In response your your first comment above, well, of course it's important to know it's coming. That's really the whole point. I'm not sure if you understand how the coating would work, but using that over a selection of prisms to separate the incoming beam according to the rotating wavelength pattern (which is key to know), along with a cooling system that is also aided by the vacuum of space, would work as a way to get an "reflector" to work. In short intervals, and as long as the entry-point was covered until it's needed so that too many particles did not fall onto the lens and build up, it would be fine.

In the case of an incoming beam of light, for a countermeasure, using a similar methodology, not just using said coating, but also the "pin tree" meta-material coating (to bend the light around the target using a tiny transmitter), along with an inner chemical layer that reacts to heat and causes a reaction resulting in cool temperatures per millisecond of heat applied would provide a moment in time for the beam's target at least a brief moment's notice to release it's payload, or drop to a second-stage in deployment. There's more to it (another couple layers civilians wouldn't have access to anyways) in terms of optic adjustments (left out on purpose) and the acceleration aspect but that's enough. It doesn't matter how hot it is at that point, there is leeway. More like a bulletproof vest, where it's only good for one short burst. Afterwards, it's material for the garbage. It's complicated and expensive but when it's comes to missiles, probably worth the expenditure, no?

I do this kind of thing for a living. Without going into it, I guess, you can take my word for it and look into my design theory or just figure it for a crazy person's ramblings. There are all kinds here on ATS, I've noticed. Not directed at you, by the way.

edit on 26-10-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join