It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sometimes these warning stories can be overblown. I know that we had intelligence about Pearl Harbor and 9-11 before hand, but the question has to be how actionable the information is. As far as "Japan will attack US interests at some point" and "Al Queda is determined to attack US soil at some point" there's really not a whole lot you can do. But for threats to American missions abroad, there's a very clear course of action you can take: warn your employees. Obviously there should have been a warning and a step up in security. There's only so much US sovereign land in Egypt, it's alot easier to act on a threat to that then it is the entirety of US interests at home and abroad.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by UnBreakable
Not only typical of the Obama admin but the Bush admin as well. Dubya received a memo a month before 9-11 which he and his admin also ignored

I have not heard about this "memo" Bush received but that was 11 years ago. Bush is no longer president even though some act like he was president just last year.

We have to worry about the present and the future. Currently Obama is the president and along with his broken administration, they have managed to screw up practically everything. Of course, the most recent incompetence, is their handling of the embassy fiasco.

The "memo" was a "presidential daily brief" and explained in the article. And no, I'm not picking on only Bush. If you read my original post I reference both admins. I don't like either party. My point was this is a problem no matter who is in there. . I realize Bush is no longer POTUS nor do I act like he still is. Just because you have an obvious bias to only the present admin, and if your so worried about the present and future, why are we having the same issues eleven years after 9-11? It's because any and all admins promote this boogeyman mentality in order to take us to war.

Bush warned about AlQueda threats weeks before 9-11:
www.nytimes.com...

Ashcroft stops flying commercial after warnings:
www.dailykos.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There is more evidence today of the incompetence of obama and his administration.

More details emerge on U.S. ambassador's last moments

Benghazi, Libya (CNN) -- Three days before the deadly assault on the United States consulate in Libya, a local security official says he met with American diplomats in the city and warned them about deteriorating security.

When will those of you who are denying any negligence from obama see the total failure of his leadership and his adminstration.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Obama response inadequate

Obama has ordered "heightened security" and the story so far is that means 50 more marines are on the way to Libya. That's an inadequate response.

It's not enough to "order heightened security" if by that you mean ordering the same incompetent fools currently in charge of security to continue in post but to try to do a proper job this time despite still having no idea what to do.

The President should -

• Sack and replace the Secretary of Defense (Panetta) with someone who will sack incompetent generals and appoint competent ones
  • Sack and replace the Secretary of State (Clinton) with someone who will sack incompetent security officials and appoint competent ones
  • Sack and replace the Under Secretary of State for Management (Patrick F. Kennedy) with someone who will sack incompetent security officials and appoint competent ones
  • Sack and replace the Assistant Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security (Eric J. Boswell) with someone who will sack incompetent security officials and appoint competent ones
  • Close all vulnerable diplomatic embassies and consulates in countries with a war-on-terror connection, with an armed jihadi terrorist groups threat
  • Establish new secure embassies and consulates within new or existing military bases
  • Site new military bases for the embassies / consulates in rural areas where the land for 6 to 10 miles around the embassy can be occupied and controlled
  • Site about 60 defensive machine-gun posts 1000 metre / 1000 yard intervals around a circumference at a radius of 6 miles from the base,
  • Surround the machine gun posts with barbed wire and vehicle barriers
  • Man the 60 machine guns, 3 men per gun, 24/7 with a force of about 600 marines per base,
  • Vastly increase the size of the Marine Security Guard from the small force now of about 1000 to the many thousands of marines it will take to secure all the new bases

Sorry "ordering heightened security" simply doesn't cut it.

Tough questions for President Obama.

Why were the guards mostly Libyans, instead of having plenty of US Marine Security Guards?

Why was the US consulate sited in a Benghazi house that was never designed to be defended like a fort against attackers?

Why did the ambassador's security team choose such an unsuitable place, a death trap, to stand and fight?

The President must act to secure US diplomats

The buck stops with the president - ultimately President Obama is responsible for failing to secure the US's diplomats but the question of replacing a failing president is for the American people and their election to decide. My favourite for president - Condoleezza Rice - is not a candidate in 2012 so I will let Condi speak for me as to who she is backing.

My advice to the US President would be that his Secretary of State has failed as regards her diplomatic security functions.

I can see why many Americans would not want to see Hillary Clinton sacked for this failure. She's a very popular lady.

I too would not want to have seen my favourite for Secretary State, Condoleezza Rice, sacked over this either.

Nevertheless something must be done to improve the management of security.

The competence of the entire Bureau of Diplomatic Security is in question. The senior managers must take responsibility and resign or be dismissed by the president.

US State Department website -The Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS) is the security and law enforcement arm of the U.S. Department of State. DS is a world leader in international investigations, threat analysis, cyber security, counterterrorism, security technology, and protection of people, property, and information.

"world leader" - HA!

Eric J. Boswell
Assistant Secretary
BUREAU OF DIPLOMATIC SECURITY AND DIRECTOR, OFFICE OF FOREIGN MISSIONS
Term of Appointment: 07/07/2008 to present

RESIGN!

SACK HIM MR PRESIDENT!

Check out this topic in ATS
Egypt's NileSat satellite TV inciting terrorism in North Africa and the Middle East,

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Well, this is just typical of the Obama administration.

Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.

I don't understand. If you had credible information why not warn the diplomats and lockdown the embassy.
It makes no sense unless to further solidify that Obama is clueless and has no understanding of reality. Perhaps Obama is just inept or deep down he agrees with & has sympathy for the criminals.

EDIT:
Here is some more evidence:

Report: Egyptian Intelligence Warned of Embassy Attacks as Early as Sept 4

Could these warnings be the reason why Canada pulled their diplomats out a week ago?

Perhaps the Canadian leadership is a little smarter.

edit on 9/13/2012 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

Perhaps they didn't want to warn them, for some other reason. We can only speculate, but I find it interesting that our government hired the locals for "security", and some of those locals were reported to have pointed out the secret safe house to the terrorists that were attacking. Now they want to pretend it was some spontaneous attack, tied to some months-old stupid video. Until, of course, people point out how stupid that sounds, and they back off, slowly. Save, of course, the head guy, who the day after was in Vegas campaigning, and still won't call this an act of terrorism. Add to that how the FBI has apparently STILL not been to the scene, for the investigation we were promised. Certainly, someone is hiding something! S&F.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
How can you have proof of a flash riot 48hrs before it occurs?
this makes no sense and is nothing but brain food for the dumbest of dumb dumbs!

There was no rioting at the time of the attack. None. Even the Libyan president states this as a fact. Every indication is that this was preplanned, and professionally done, with inside help. Plus, does anyone really believe a months-old video causes rioting on September 11'th, and that it's all a coincidence? Really?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

this makes no sense and is nothing but brain food for the dumbest of dumb dumbs!

There was no rioting at the time of the attack. None. Even the Libyan president states this as a fact. Every indication is that this was preplanned, and professionally done, with inside help. Plus, does anyone really believe a months-old video causes rioting on September 11'th, and that it's all a coincidence? Really?

It's hard to get re-elected with successful Al Qaeda attacks going on.

Solution: Attempt to run out the clock with a - False Narrative - and hope for the best.

Kirsten Powers : MSM taking marching orders from the Obama Administration

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

It's hard to get re-elected with successful Al Qaeda attacks going on.

Solution: Attempt to run out the clock with a - False Narrative - and hope for the best.

Kirsten Powers : MSM taking marching orders from the Obama Administration

Oh, she's a paid mouthpiece, alright! Never did like her, though her type are proof that Fox does indeed present all sides of the argument. Hard to get re-elected, indeed! I like holding him to his own statement, "The only people who don't want to disclose the truth, are people with something to hide." Clearly, since he still won't admit personally that this (or any of many others) is a terrorist attack, he's hiding something! In this case, I think it's more than just being caught with egg on his face. Now reports are coming out that there was no real risk assessment of the consulate, and that the conditions KNOWN to be there would have warranted security standards that were not even close to being met. More and more, looks like our people were thrown to the wolves.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join