It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
I know its pretty hard to keep all our enemies straight, there's so many of them alla time. Don't you ever wonder why we have so much trouble getting along with people?

Huh?

Don't know what point you are trying to make. This topic is not about Iran specifically.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
reply to post by WhatTheory

canada pulled thier diplomats out of iran.

So what?

It's really amusing watching some of you obama supporters twist like a pretzel trying to make excuses for him.
He can do nothing wrong in your eyes.

edit on 9/13/2012 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by frazzle
I know its pretty hard to keep all our enemies straight, there's so many of them alla time. Don't you ever wonder why we have so much trouble getting along with people?

Huh?

Don't know what point you are trying to make. This topic is not about Iran specifically.

I was responding to your idea that Canada had recalled its diplomats from Egypt and Syria due to the alleged warnings. Not so, they recalled their diplomats from IRAN. My point is that your point missed the mark.

Edit to correct myself, I meant Egypt and Libya.
edit on 13-9-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I read the first sentence in this thread. I also read the last two.

Well, Obama did choose his administration plus do you really think that nobody would have notified him of impending attacks. Of course he knew.

Honestly I doubt he was informed. Even if he were, I don't think the President is responsible for overseeing the actions of embassies around the world. I would compare that to the director of the FBI getting briefs on local drug dealers. There is only so much time in a day. I don't think Obama hears about every threat to the US or it's interests. He wouldn't be able to do anything if he had to hear everything.

True he picks his staff, but I really don't think this is Obama's fault. Again, no great fan of the guy, but I'm not going to throw him under the bus every time something bad happens. If the news is true and there was warning then SOMEONE needs to get canned for not acting appropriately, but I don't think you can always blame the top guy for the failings of their 'underlings'.

link   

Come on, stop trying and failing to be cute.

Okay

Of course you blame the people who did the actual attacking.

I am glad you agree.

So you are ok that if true and Obama knew of the impending attacks that he did nothing about it.

First off, I don't really do hypotheticals like this, too much room for people to change conditions or worm their way out.

Second "If Obama knew about the attacks" and did nothing, then i would assume that was because the intelligence gathered did not satisfy criteria for action(what intelligence was gathered anyway?). Though, if he knew, which he likely did not, intelligence gathering is not his job and informing embassies about potential attacks is not his job as well.

Where ARE my tax dollars going if the president has to handle every threat that comes across the board?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

No offense dude ( i do like ya ) but people seem to be looking for absolutely any reason to attack Obama,
Strangely, its the same people who used every excuse to defend Bush.

.. when in reality neither of them actually control, co-ordinate or command a single thing accept their damn clothing. They are useless actors for the camera.

You jumping on the blame Obama bandwagon plays right into the hands of these criminal elite'ists...

They want you to focus so much on this stage show of Obama V Romney so you dont have a clue whats really going on in the background.

Do I have a clue whats going on in the background? hell no, but i know not to waste my time defending/attacking Obama, he is about as critical in this as the fluff on my left foot sock!
edit on 13-9-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
More unsubstantiated sources.

Okay, keep your head in the sand.

It must be nice to take the easy way out and not have to explain your thoughts regarding the topic at hand and have to admit the faults of the current president.

"Argumentum ad hominem"....

I stated in my opening post that I am one of the last to defend this administration...I have plenty of reasons to want to see him out of office...has nothing to do with made up BS though.

Not explain my thoughts regarding the topic at hand? I did. It's propaganda...fulla bulla...red meat to the critically thinking impaired.

I choose to disagree with the Pres for things like continuing the Patriot Act, signing HR347, signing NDAA, Obamacare...etc...etc...etc. I don't need made up crap to disagree with him....

"Deny Ignorance"...that is...if you can....

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Maybe it's time to review that Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) letter from a few months ago ?

related threads --> www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Well you stated canada pulled thier troops out of egypt. I replied with saying that you are wrong. Sorry you want to argue with untrue statements.

And I am not an Obama supporter. He has done a lot wrong in my mind. I do want him to win so in 4 years we will have a much larger pool of canidates to choose from. It will be an election about issues, instead of an election of attacks.
edit on 13-9-2012 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

No offense dude ( i do like ya ) but people seem to be looking for absolutely any reason to attack Obama

I'm not looking for any little reason to attack obama.
However, if this article is true, then it's more than just a little reason. I would say it's incompetence if he knew of the attacks and did nothing. If it's not incompetence then that it even worse.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

No offense dude ( i do like ya ) but people seem to be looking for absolutely any reason to attack Obama

I'm not looking for any little reason to attack obama.
However, if this article is true, then it's more than just a little reason. I would say it's incompetence if he knew of the attacks and did nothing. If it's not incompetence then that it even worse.

Changing our tune a little now that it is starting to sink in? "IF this article is true"...yeah...back peddling might be wise.

My point all along was it's all fluff...BS...unsubstantiated reports with anonymous sources...but folks were suckered right into it...

I don't like either of the two party candidates...they both stink...you think a business man is going to know how to deal with this any better than a lawyer? I have to laugh at that! Romney couldn't even go to our number one ally (England) and not shove his big Herman Munster foot in his mouth! The dude has got just as much fail in him as Obama does...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

No offense dude ( i do like ya ) but people seem to be looking for absolutely any reason to attack Obama,
Strangely, its the same people who used every excuse to defend Bush.

.. when in reality neither of them actually control, co-ordinate or command a single thing accept their damn clothing. They are useless actors for the camera.

You jumping on the blame Obama bandwagon plays right into the hands of these criminal elite'ists...

They want you to focus so much on this stage show of Obama V Romney so you dont have a clue whats really going on in the background.

Do I have a clue whats going on in the background? hell no, but i know not to waste my time defending/attacking Obama, he is about as critical in this as the fluff on my left foot sock!
edit on 13-9-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ouvertaverite

you, sir, do have a clue. 911/cia/mossad -- these events are like a shot in the arm to the war machine. remember when israelis attacked uss liberty at behest of lbj? remember gulf of tonkin 'incident' that never happened? these people who think that bush, obama or romney have different bosses and agendas are that adjective that can't be fixed. and we're all screwed.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I see that the blind Obama worshipers are out in droves over this one.

How would they excuse this if they were to admit its true, so the only thing to
do is deny deny deny.

If they had a warning and they did not take the steps to protect The U.S. Embassy,
That is a failure that lies squarely in their lap.

So, where was intellegence then? Surely they saw this, and did nothing!

In a video tape released a few hours before the attack, Zawahri called on the faithful to take revenge on the United States for liquidating one of the organization’s top operatives, Libyan-born Abu Yahya al-Libi in June by a US drone in northwestern Pakistan.

Its release was the “go” signal for the hit team to attack the US diplomats in Benghazi.
To mask their mission, they stormed the consulate on the back of a violent protest by hundreds of Islamists
www.debka.com...

edit on 13-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Unbelievable how immune to critique Obama has become. Clearly, if you have anything bad to say about the President you must be a dangerous fanatic. Everyone knows there's no legitimate criticism of our leader. Not by the people, not by the press, not by political challengers. Nobody.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
Unbelievable how immune to critique Obama has become. Clearly, if you have anything bad to say about the President you must be a dangerous fanatic. Everyone knows there's no legitimate criticism of our leader. Not by the people, not by the press, not by political challengers. Nobody.

Unbelievable how despite 4 years of everything Obama does being scrutinized and criticized(and twisted), that people still claim that no one scrutinized or criticized him.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
Changing our tune a little now that it is starting to sink in? "IF this article is true"...yeah...back peddling might be wise.

You had better stop deluding yourself or you might hurt your brain.

The only way to have a conversation with you obama juggernauts is to give you a sense that perhaps obama did nothing wrong. Otherwise, instead of having a conversation about the topic at hand, all you get is deny this, deny that and your type of posts.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Another source:
Egypt intelligence warns of attacks on Israel, US embassies
www.jpost.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

The entire point of my post is that criticism of Obama is increasingly treated as illegitimate, and not on the merits of the claims, but for petty, inconsequential reasons. Of course he's been scrutinized for 4 years, so what? I've been scrutinizing him since before he took the Oath. And?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If this is a lie there will be hell to pay:

The Obama administration is flatly denying a blaring British newspaper report that the U.S. diplomats in Libya were killed as a result of a “continuing security breach,” and that “credible information” about possible attacks had been ignored.

Read more: www.politico.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join