It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crude Dudes (from ATSNN)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Oil analyst, Fadel Gheit, who has made a living keeping an eye on the oil industry for more than 25 years and works for the Wall Street firm, Oppenheimer and Co., did an interview recently with Linda Mcquaig. Mr Gheit compared Iraq to Russia as having large oil fields in their perspective countries, but said the difference in the two countries is, Iraq was a weak, non-threating country, with no way to defend itself, whereas Russia had the capability and use of nuclear weapons in their possession.

www.thestar.com
`U.S. oil companies just happened to have billions of dollars they wanted to invest in undeveloped oil reserves

LINDA MCQUAIG

From his corner office in the heart of New York"s financial district, Fadel Gheit keeps close tabs on what goes on inside the boardrooms of the big oil companies. An oil analyst at the prestigious Wall Street firm Oppenheimer & Co., the fit, distinguished-looking Gheit has been watching the oil industry closely for more than 25 years.

Selling the modern world"s most indispensable commodity has never been a bad business to be in � particularly for the small group of companies that straddle the top of this privileged world. But never more so than now.

"Profit-wise, things could not have been better," says Gheit, "In the last three years, they died and went to heaven .... They are all sitting on the largest piles of cash in their history."

But to stay rich they have to keep finding new reserves, and that"s getting tougher. Increasingly it means cutting through permafrost or drilling deep underwater, at tremendous cost. "The cheap oil has already been found and developed and produced and consumed," says Gheit. "The low-hanging fruit has already been picked."

Well, not all the low-hanging fruit has been picked.

Nestled into the heart of the area of heaviest oil concentration in the world is Iraq, overflowing with low-hanging fruit. No permafrost, no deep water. Just giant pools of oil, right beneath the warm ground. This is fruit sagging so low, as it were, that it practically touches the ground under the weight of its ripeness.

Not only does Iraq have vast quantities of easily accessible oil, but its oil is almost untouched. "Think of Iraq as virgin territory .... This is bigger than anything Exxon is involved in currently .... It is the superstar of the future," says Gheit, "That"s why Iraq becomes the most sought-after real estate on the face of the earth."

Gheit just smiles at the notion that oil wasn"t a factor in the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There has been difference in opionions as to the reason(s) behind President Bush and Vice-President Cheney op-ed for war on Iraq. I, for one have always thought it was for the large oil fields the Iraqis and Saddam owned, and because I felt George W Bush had a vendetta to avenge for his father, George Sr., against Saddam.

It seems that I may have been right about one of the reasons, and it was for oil.
Was the Iraqis oil worth the deaths of 1,200 or more of our troops and thousands dead of Iraqi citizens.
I think not!!!!! So the question is,...... are we willing to give George W Bush and Dick Cheney a second term in the White House so they can keep with their agenda at the cost of the lives of our troops???
I surely hope not.

Mod Edit: to remove ALL CAPS form post. Members remember not to lock your caps key when posting to a forum, it�s considered rude and difficult to read.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
There are other reasons too. I feel that they also wanted their foot in the middle east. Isreal, Saudi, this administration wants to be able to protect them both. And this administration also wants to invade many more countries in this area. Control of this area means control of future oil resources. Afghanistan was about this too. Afhganistan is the key to oil in central asia.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I think you maybe right, earthtone. Old Rumsfelt is up to something, he cut-off the pipeline that Saddam had with Syrian or so it seems. I do not doubt it that Syrian is on the sh*t-list of Bush & Co. .

US 'blocks' Syria pipeline

Ties between the US and Syria have long been strained
The US says it has blocked a pipeline used to pump Iraqi oil to Syria, in volume that allegedly violated UN sanctions.
There were fresh rumours last week that Syria had been importing large amounts of Iraqi oil in contravention of sanctions on Iraq, when Syrian crude oil deliveries fell sharply after a pipeline was thought to have been bombed.

The disclosure can only add to increasingly strained relations between the US and Syria, which on Tuesday rebuffed recent US allegations that it is developing chemical weapons.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 15-10-2004 by nanna_of_6]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Yep i hope we are going to give them a second term.

Lets ASSUME that some reality supports the idea that this was a conflict concerning the life blood of the planet. (still no proof on this allegation)

When the worlds economy shuts down because of lack of petrolium and its related products...massive starvation will sweep the globe as there wont be enough fuel to power all the tractors plowing, ships and semi's hauling, electricity to keep things refrigerated, plastics to contain the foods, etc etc...that will make 1200 dead and a few thousand more wounded look like a walk in the park. Millions will starve to death, just because we would no longer be able to support our food sources at the same level that currently feeds a generally overcrowded world.

This is just one serious concern over oil and its security and stabillity on the global market.

Do you truely understand the real dependancy in many forms on petrolium the world is under? try to live your daily life without the use of petrolium products and see what happens...go on...i dare you.
Your life will suck.
When you (society) give up using all these oil products then ill agree that fighting over oil insnt worth it.

Even if this "for oil" idea is true (again no proof), isnt it ANY USA Presidents job to ensure that the USA gets to drink the last drop of oil in the world if it is in America's best interest? ANY world leaders job is to ensure his nations survival and interests first before others in a similar fashion...and yet your going to say that oil isnt worth fighting for.

To modify a GnR song lyric,
You cant trust crude when its not in your tank, when everybody's fighting for the promised land.
If we dont fight over this, MANY others will. Us first, them second.

Until alternate energy sources can be developed and used by the masses, oil is like air...its a must have for continued growth, as well as for basic survival.
I want to survive and prosper, therefore i want the oil to flow.
so do many other people/places on the globe.
The USA is dependant on the global economy as much as it depends onthe USA....if other nations suffer oil crissis then the ramifications will affect the USA as well.

PS, if this war is about oil, then why havent we tanked up the federal emergency reserves yet? Why are fuel prices going thru the roof if the USA has now "taken" all this oil.

TAKE THE LIVE WITHOUT OIL PRODUCT CHALLENGE...if you dare or can.
Until then, be thankful for the oil youve consumed. Its important.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
quote from article:

There's something almost obscene about a map that was studied by senior Bush administration officials and a select group of oil company executives meeting in secret in the spring of 2001. It doesn't show the kind of detail normally shown on maps � cities, towns, regions. Rather its detail is all about Iraq's oil.

The article quotes information from "secret documents". where would one be able to view these documents?

Another quote from the article:

Gheit just smiles at the notion that oil wasn"t a factor in the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

nanna_of_6 what would you like us to infer from ending your quote of the star article here? out of context, so to speak.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia

Lets ASSUME that some reality supports the idea that this was a conflict concerning the life blood of the planet. (still no proof on this allegation)

PS, if this war is about oil, then why havent we tanked up the federal emergency reserves yet? Why are fuel prices going thru the roof if the USA has now "taken" all this oil.

These are good questions. Any answers?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Nanna that is the sweetest link I have seen a while, the oil, for power link has always been there, even before the invasion and 9/11 it was in the making.

Just like Mahree has quote, the disregard for maps including population scares me the most, and taking in consideration the destruction that is going on in Iraq right now and the disregard for human life and the Iraqi citizens in most cities, I wonder if the invasion for oil power had in mind to wipe out as many Iraqi nationals as they can.

And the thing is that the foreign companies like Russia LUKoil, will still have a chance to the bounty after US oil companies divide the spoils.

TextLUKoil�s future still open to possible workable concession in Iraq
11-06-03 The path to profits in post-war Iraq may run through Russia, specifically giant petroleum producer LUKoil. But not surprisingly, it's a risky route. While the Bush administration has given assurances that companies outside the US -- even those of erstwhile allies that opposed the American-led war to rid Iraq of Saddam -- would get a piece of the rebuilding of Iraq, LUKoil�s payoff won't be quick or certain.
When Russian President Vladimir Putin met in St Petersburg with President George W. Bush, he won reassurances that Russian firms would be given a fair chance for contracts in post-war Iraq, whose huge oil reserves are being eyed by oil majors around the world.

www.gasandoil.com...

For those that think that our president and vice president�s are taking the people of Iraq at hard need to wait up and smell the oil.

Here is another piece of information on the dividing of the spoils even before the invasion.

TextA model for the carve-up of Iraq's oil industry was presented in September by Ariel Cohen of the right-wing Heritage Foundation, which has close links to the Bush administration.

In the Future of a Post-Saddam Iraq: A Blueprint for American Involvement, Cohen strikes a similar note to Chalabi, putting forward a road map for the privatization of Iraq's nationalized oil industry, and warning that France, Russia and China were likely to find that a new INC-led government would not honour their oil contracts.

Cohen's proposal would see Iraq's oil industry split up into three large companies, along the areas of ethnic separation, with one company in the largely Shia south, another for the Sunni region around Baghdad, and the last in the Kurdish north.

www.thetip.org...=404%26e=404&e=404

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Nanna, enlightening article. It all makes sense how we invaded a "defenseless" country for their oil which only goes to prove that going back to the 911 issue, this was all masterminded by the powers that be.
This is why we killed 3000 of our own people. This is why we went to Iraq and are fighting "terrorism" and this is why we have to get rid of this sinister government.
Who else could we have invaded for their oil? Russia? as the article points out they would have nuked us, so we picked on the country that not only held the bonus Saddam Hussein, but also has the most oil and was a known "defenseless" target since this government already knew that they had no WMD's.
Thank you for the article- I'll email this one to the Bushworshipers I know.
And you know what they always comeback with? Well, we got rid of that monster Saddam...Never mind the real issue here. right?
That evil Saddam will look like a saint after we get thru with this little war.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Been around the world.......La la la....stole so much oil...... La la la............
We killed so many people.......... la la la.................... Been around the world......... la la la................................

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Caz, so in order to secure oil for us you're saying that killing thousands is ok because we're looking out for our best interest, right?

I'd rather go back to the horse and buggy days than to witness this fake and staged war and the killing of God knows how many.
But Im human.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
What

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
What

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
ha, ha, I think you are ok, cobra I always like your post I was surprised of the song

Now on the thread,

TextOil
1. The future of Iraq�s oil industry has been a topic of much conversation prior to, during and following the ousting of Saddam Hussein. The US administration is counting on a vibrant oil industry to provide and pay for the reconstruction of the country. This desire to raise funds will be relieved, as a limited resumption of exports begins sometime midsummer, marked by the opening of the al-Faw oil terminal.
In late May 2003, the United Nations gave the United States and Britain broad authority to govern Iraq, including the oil industry. This control is in the form of an advisory board, which is presently running Iraqi�s oil industry. The board, operated similarly to a corporation and the entire industry has a mix of US military, US government-appointed officials serving as advisers, and Iraqis manning the ministries and oil installations.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Can we deny the first think that comes to mind when we say �OIL� is Iraq?

Every way you turn you head the Iraqi oil is the center stage of buhs/cheney administration, securing the fields right after the invasion, not the people or looted national treasures that were none important to bush administration

the reconstruction of Iraq means �to keep those oil fields pumping�

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Just like Mahree has quote, the disregard for maps including population scares me the most, and taking in consideration the destruction that is going on in Iraq right now and the disregard for human life and the Iraqi citizens in most cities, I wonder if the invasion for oil power had in mind to wipe out as many Iraqi nationals as they can.

Sometimes I don't explain myself very well. I am sorry.

I think that you misunderstood me Margo. I question the verity of the Star article. Their quotes come from "secret documents". Now if these documents are "secret" how do they know about them. So...they say they have been released. OK my question was if you want us to believe this article shouldn't we be able to see these secret documents?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I undestand your concern Mahree, and my name comes from margarita is spanish.

Now as things starts to develop on the whole Iraq issue more and more of the "secrets" are going to come to light, I always said nothing is secret is always sombody that for the right money will sell anything.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

www.thetip.org...=404%26e=404&e=404

Another not exactly well balanced source of information. Certainly not a non-partisan site when the first thing to hit my eye was "Impeach Bush"

I did go to the Heritage Foundation site and looked at the actual piece. It seems to me that it is arguing for a meeting including all parties especially the Iraqis. The differences between government owned and private owned assets of their country will be an important to the future of Iraqi citizens.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well what can I said information comes from all sources.

TextAs the risk of war grows, so does Saddam Hussein's generosity�and the willingness of some oil firms to profit from it
1. SADDAM HUSSEIN is on a charm offensive. Desperate to save his skin from the coalition that President Bush is seeking to build, he is busily trying to boost his own international support by doling out Iraqi oil to anybody he thinks will rally to his cause. Needless to say, the firms left out of this bonanza seem to be the American oil giants. If there were ever any truth in the talk outside America that Mr Bush's secret motive for an invasion was black gold, Mr Hussein is raising the stakes.
The deals now being done with Iraq may prove significant in shaping any post-invasion politics, since its oil is among the industry's most coveted. The country sits atop over 110 billion barrels of proven reserves (and possibly more), the second-largest in the world after Saudi Arabia's. And if reports of a flurry of deal-making by Mr Hussein turn out to be accurate, says Robert Mabro, the head of the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, �then there's not much left in Iraq for the Americans!�

secure.cppax.org...

And all alone Sadam knew that it was all for the oil, if it wasn�t because he was so hated around the world for his sadistic rule of his country perhaps he would have been able to gather support to stop US from invading him, but his record play right into the US greasy hands. the Iraqi confilct was in the making long before 9/11.

A lot of people and countries wanted to get their hands on Iraqi oil that is for sure.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I undestand your concern Mahree, and my name comes from margarita is spanish.

Now as things starts to develop on the whole Iraq issue more and more of the "secrets" are going to come to light, I always said nothing is secret is always sombody that for the right money will sell anything.

I am sorry I got your name incorrect Marg.

But, I still cannot believe an article that quotes "secret documents" and does not reference where these secrets can be found. Any one can "say" they know secrets or have seen secret documents, but I don't think that means any thing until we actually know the origin or source of these documents and research them for ourselves. In other words, these documents may just be a pack of lies.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I know Mahree, I can wait to get more information on those documents, I think we the american people have the right to know.

My father gave me that name and I never like it very much.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I know Mahree, I can wait to get more information on those documents, I think we the american people have the right to know.

OK Marg, I give up. Let me know when you get more information on these "secret documents" please.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join