It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Glory boxes produced in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I do not know if anyone else will think that is as disgusting as I do, but I feel the need to bring it up.

I was helping my Great-Grandmother move recently when I came accross my Great-Grandfathers Old Glory in its case on a shelf.

My Great-Grandfather was in the U.S. Air Force and had been stationed in North Africa during World War Two. He passed away in September of 2001, and this is the first time I really have been able to get a good look at his flag. Well, as we continue packing, I came across the black box for the case containing Old Glory.

The first thing that catches my attention is the prominent white patch of the bar-code.

Of course, the first thing I see is "made in China." I could not believe it when I saw it. Here is the box meant to contain the flag of a ex-serviceman of the U.S. Air Force, and it was made in China! This flag is meant to be a symbol of respect and honor for the deceased, and we have another country produce it?!

Perhaps I am over-reacting, but I would like to hear what my fellow ATSers think about this.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have the same response as I did to the 2012 Olympic uniforms.

Big deal, almost everything else is produced there, why does it only now bother you once it became personal? Did it bother you when Radio Flyer started printing it on their wagons? Or the fact that the majority of peoples clothes and shoes say "Made in China?"

Enough with this drama, lets open a manufacturing business and change those tags to Made in the USA, instead of complaining about it.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

You are competely right with your point and solution. Since I am not the business type I will have to leave that to someone else. I feel that awareness is key, and many people probably do not realize that these are produced in China, that's why I posted this..

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraDOSEcious

I've done many US Army funereal details. I hate doing them, but it's part of the job.

Business is business, but I've personally returned a couple flags and bought my own out of my pocket for families from an American source. Flag Store USA.

It's a personal thing.

ETA: Cases too.
edit on 13-9-2012 by thesungod because: see eta

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm coming across more and more things being purchased in the U.K as being made in Brazil.

I guess China will suffer economically if this continues!!

We want cheap we get things made by people on sub standard wages and thankful for working for such. These goods couldn't be made in the U.S or the U.K as minimum wage alone would add a significant percentage onto the price of said goods.

Thankfully the U.S and U.K are the number 1 and 2 players in the arms industry, otherwise we wouldn't have anything to export and our trade defecit would be alarmingly in the RED!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

That is interesting that it is a personal choice. I would have thought it went through the military or gov. source. That's great you found a U.S. source!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I did not know one had to purchase these out of one's own pocket. I guess I figured it came straight from the gov as a sort of tribute. I mean a final far I am curious as to how much the price difference is for U.S. and China products.

"Thankfully," indeed.

join