It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"GalaxyNet", in a post-disclosure World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I know this concept will sound wacky to some, but I also know that some the most free-thinking world citizens read and post on these forums. I would appreciate your feedback on the following. For this exercise, we need to assume that the alien/UFO phenomena is real, and that disclosure is inevitable. That is no stretch for me personally, as I feel strongly that disclosure, or more like "mass acceptance" of this reality is eminent.

Post-disclosure, there is likely to be a huge diplomatic effort to join the "Galatic Federation", if such a body exists. Other wordly cultures will want to understand us (although they may 40,000 years of "research" on us!). We will certainly want to understand them, learn both technological and spiritual advancements, and study galactic history. We will want to grapple and understand details about the largest questions, ones which are likely asked my all intelligent beings, "why are we here", "who put us here", and "what happens after this life".

All of this will require communications networks of some type. This is also my career, telecommunications. Albeit earth-based telecommunications. What happens when we connect the Internet to the GalaxyNet? Someone on earth will be that Bill Gates or Steve Jobs.

Too early to work on a business plan, and line up investors?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just watch some old Star Trek episodes. They predicted the flip phone and video calls and computers that talk to you. I wonder what the intergalatic Bill Gates will be like. Hopefully we just learn telepathy and remote viewing.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

The problem with the Bill Gates model/idea, is that it relies on and perpetuates the old top-down centralized concentration of power/wealth model.

I'd hope that such concepts would go away and become as outdated as napping flint to hunt buffalo in a post-disclosure world where essentially anyone and everyone is allowed similar resources such that money, and wealth are also old outdated concepts; a world where everyone is allowed education to whatever levels they aspire, resources to pursue whatever dreams and goals they desire to pursue, and work in jobs and fields they find rewarding.

Menial and labor jobs )unless someone actually enjoys menial work, could be conducted by robots, just like there are physical layer "dumb" devices in any inter-network that are required for functional communications.

Everyone could/should then be allowed/provided for to be useless bums that play computer games all day (or equivalent uselessness), (if they want), while anyone and everyone with motivation, self worth, and ambition will also be provided for, encouraged, and enabled to pursue whatever it is that interests them.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
Just watch some old Star Trek episodes. They predicted the flip phone and video calls and computers that talk to you. I wonder what the intergalatic Bill Gates will be like. Hopefully we just learn telepathy and remote viewing.

I will bet it will take generations for some to learn those skills, and during this phase of our evolution, some communications interface would be necessary, to carry 1 and 0's, hopefully one that is able to bend space and time, such that signals don't need lightyears to traverse that distance.

Back in the mid 1800, about 150 years ago, while everyone else was doing this in months, someone imagined going from New York to San Francisco in 2 hours, and beating the rest on the gold rush. 125 years later, it was possible.

My point, if I have one, is that I was thinking today....rather than whine about disclosure, let's know it will happen, and let's begin to make plans for how our civilization will evolve, post acceptance of this reality.

I think it will happen, and happen soon. I am just going to try to make myself ready for whatever spiritual or financial opportunities might result in a post-mass acceptance world.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

The problem with the Bill Gates model/idea, is that it relies on and perpetuates the old top-down centralized concentration of power/wealth model.

I'd hope that such concepts would go away and become as outdated as napping flint to hunt buffalo in a post-disclosure world where essentially anyone and everyone is allowed similar resources such that money, and wealth are also old outdated concepts; a world where everyone is allowed education to whatever levels they aspire, resources to pursue whatever dreams and goals they desire to pursue, and work in jobs and fields they find rewarding.

Menial and labor jobs )unless someone actually enjoys menial work, could be conducted by robots, just like there are physical layer "dumb" devices in any inter-network that are required for functional communications.

Everyone could/should then be allowed/provided for to be useless bums that play computer games all day (or equivalent uselessness), (if they want), while anyone and everyone with motivation, self worth, and ambition will also be provided for, encouraged, and enabled to pursue whatever it is that interests them.

I understand your perspective to a degree, but you say that we should, on one hand, allow couch potatoes to play video games on our dime, yet others will apparently get the same benefits for working their tail off? So, are you sort of envisioning a galactic-wide welfare system, where generations of unemployed know nothing but video games, and virtual reality sex?

Sounds like an expensive program. Not sure what the galactic budget looks like.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

One of the problems with your reasoning is a perspective from a monetary reward-based system.

When money doesn't exist, no one is working their tail off for anyone but their own satisfaction where they can work, or not work their tail off to any self prescribed schedule they like.

Couch potatoes, like any other evolutionary dead-end will die out in a generation or two. They'll stay at home, lost in their pretend existences, not taking up much space, where people that actually have drive, motivation, ambition, desire and a work ethic, are free to pursue what they want, whether it's a life of sports (even if played badly), creativity, engineering, research, exploration, or anything.

No one would need 'work' any more or less than they want to in any field or pursuit.
If tired of the job you're currently doing, you'd be free to pursue anything else.

'Jobs' of course would be entirely different. 'Work' would also be entirely different.
You'd need adjust perspective on how these are quantified.

Many jobs and markets would simply cease to exist, where robots could take over the 'dirty', boring, and menial jobs, except where someone actually finds those kinds of jobs personally rewarding and even fun.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Okay, let's forget the financial/Bill Gates aspect. But, as we transition to this utopia that you envision, monetary rewards might exist for the foreseeable future.

I can seriously envision the need for such a network. Advanced Optical Technology, translation software, interfaces between our Internet and the larger GalaxyNet.

What we most want out of work is mental stimulation, often via working on something that we are passionate about. We also want acceptance in a larger group, and we want security (I am replacing wealth here) for our families. We don't want to worry about affording college for our kids, or losing our jobs.

Maybe I have found a dream to pursue today?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5
I know this concept will sound wacky to some, but I also know that some the most free-thinking world citizens read and post on these forums. I would appreciate your feedback on the following. For this exercise, we need to assume that the alien/UFO phenomena is real, and that disclosure is inevitable. That is no stretch for me personally, as I feel strongly that disclosure, or more like "mass acceptance" of this reality is eminent.

I agree that a mass acceptance is more likely to occur than - or at least will preceed - "disclosure". What I'm not so sure about is the total shift in our civilization that many others seem to think will necessarily accompany it. I can imagine a scenario in which the reality of UFOs and the fact of their control by Not-Us becomes generally known and even acknowleged by govenments, but in which we have no direct contact with the "others". No free energy. No flying saucer in your garage. Basically the only thing that changes is that the reality of UFOs becomes common knowledge. We may end up learning very little about them other than the fact of their definite existence.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Wow you're a smart cookie!!! That's a great idea. Like it truly sounds like an original idea.

I mean if by some fluke all that you said comes true, then yes that would be the way to go. Maybe even they'd give us technology so that we'd be able to experience a VR simulation in GalaxyNet with everyone. That would be so bizzare.

And I like thinking about stuff like that, how things might be if???? Type scenarios etc etc. But then there's reality. So I'll try and give you an idea of what many believe the aliens are. Maybe you've heard this theory....

Basically there's 2 schools of thought.

1) ships we see flying around as in UFO sightings could be just topsee crat g=--v aircraft or spacecraft. The type of stuff you hear they keep at area 51 and stuff like that.

2) This is and or to (1), basically the aliens or close encounters of the 4th kind are demons. Also could be the UFO's many of them are demons. Like yes, the demons from the bible. This is very wide held opinion. This isn't just something I made up.

And what that means is that we are infact alone in the universe. But what scares me is the idea that they'll do some event in which they reveal Aliens and or UFO's to humans. When they do they'll basically try and trick all humanity into some stupid narrative that they came from another planet, galaxy etc etc. When infact they are either 1) and or 2) from above, just working to trick and scare people into then obeying anything they demand from us. Either to get along with the aliens or because we end up at war with them.

There's been so many movies out already shaping everyones belief to fall for just such an event. Here's just a few of these below. But again, aliens from other galaxies don't exisit. I know that sounds very narrow minded, but if you believe in the supreium authority which is God basically he's teachings show us that we're all there is.

But the other entities operating within the milky way and or just in and around the planet besides people and animals are:

Angels
Demons (basically fallen angels, the ones that rebelled)
Satan (an arch angel that rebelled)
The Holy Spirit (The God head that operates within our atmosphere, part of the trinity) That's technical but in otherwords, just God.

The demons (angels that are now evil and work to deceive, thus the UFO's, and aliens.) to a large degree will be behind any aliens that might show up, possibly working with g--v secretly.

So anyway, I know that sounds strange but that's basically what most Christians believe. If anyone thinks I'm off base let me know, and I'll try and further explain anything you want.

edit on 13-9-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What of the other possibility? What if there is no disclosure and the space age MUST be built using the old capitalist paradigms, things like asteroid mining are going to have to give us some incentive to keep going even when things are sucking bad. I mean why go into space when it is a rewardless irradiated hellhole am i right?

top topics

join