It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Sir Ridley Scott Trying To Tell Us About 2012, Or Just Cashing In On The Hype?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Noticed something a little odd during the opening 10 minutes of the latest Sir Ridley Scott film, 'Prometheus'.

I've searched and found many 'Prometheus' related threads, but none that apply to 2012 specifically.

Now, i'm fully ready to admit that this MAY just be simple coincidence, or marketing to raise debate and so sales of the film...but i'm also open to the possibility we may be being told something about the nature of the '2012 event' should it actually occur.

If you have the film, go and have a look at this...

When the first shot of the ship 'Prometheus' is shown flying through space at the start of the film, we see a an information text displayed on the screen, explaining what we are looking at..it reads:

SCIENTIFIC EXPLORATORY VESSEL: PROMETHEUS
CREW: 17
DATE: DECEMBER 21, 2093
DISTANCE FROM EARTH: 3.27 X 10^14 KM
DESTINATION: UNDISCLOSED

The thing that caught my eye is the date...DECEMBER 21, 2093.

This looks to me to be a direct reference to 21/12/2012 (or 12/21/2012 if in USA)..the december 21 is clear, but the 2093 is also 2012.

Breaking the year down, into 20 and 93..9+3=12 = replace the 20 and you get 2012...December 21st, 2012.

Coincidence?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
He probably put it in there for the pop culture reference or an easter egg in my opinion.

I didn't notice that 2093 was a reference to 2012; thank you for pointing it out. I do remember seeing December 21st when I watched the movie, though.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Ancient Aliens is History channels
cash cow right now...

it was inevitable
that a movie was to made

you may be right
about them picking
that year for the sum of the numbers

whether or not they are trying to convey something
to the sheeple
doubtful

like dood above said
I didn't catch it until
you pointed it out

edit on 9/13/2012 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

What do you think the message is? What was the context of the scene? Him just referencing the date doesn't really mean anything because everyone already knows it and I'm sure most will never make the 9+3 connection.

He may have done it purposely but I don't think there is any hidden meaning behind it.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

I was thinking it was a pop culture thing too Mkoll, was interested to see how opinions went though.

If people are talking about '2012', and it gets linked to the film, then the thinking is probably that the film stays in the public conciousness, increasing sales etc.

But who knows...maybe it's a hint.

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Other threads about this film are talking about Sumerian connections and the like...when the message was displayed, it shown the ship zipping through space en route to a distant Earth like world, the clues to its location having been recorded in ancient Earth historical sculpture and records.

The very next scene is showing the human crew....'waking up from a deep, years long sleep' during which their minds are fed holographic scenes and 'memory movies'...i'm seeing the December 21, 2012 reference, a reference to being asleep and fed a false reality, and that humanity finally wakes up and discovers the truth.

Maybe that is the message...maybe not, i don't know...but it's all a bit too neat to be coincidence alone.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yes Ridley is making a statement I caught it too. He is more than likely a Freemason or a part of another "lodge". His movies have always pointed out something "secret" about the future of our world. I have noticed it time and again.

Samm

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There is one message in the movie which is extremely important for man kind is when the main character (female archeologist that makes it to the end) close to the start is being asked why she thinks shes right about the Aliens being our architects she says "its what I choose to believe".
I believe that having faith by choice and not being forced upon an individual is necessary for human evolution in a positive direction, funny having faith and evolution sided with each other instead of against

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sammael000

He is also a knight of the realm now too, effectively part of the establishment...so perhaps those in such a position are deemed worthy of the truth..or at least being able to deal with it.

The rest of the public are, i feel being drip fed over many years to acclimatise the majority of us to a reality that holds secrets...probably shocking secrets.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Distance from earth......

Destination undisclosed, leaves it wide open for speculation.

What if the destination is earth? Is anyone able to work out the distance?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

I think it works out to something like 328 Trillion KM.

At least that's what i read on the web!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

That's a Looo,ooo,oooong way

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ridley didn't put that on the screen the VFX people did as a little Easter Egg. Details like that would be added in post by the VFX guys (in this case I believe it was Digital Domain but it could have been DNeg.)

You'll find that VFX guys and gals love to throw in little "eggs"
edit on 13-9-2012 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Yeah..'tis isn't it!

About 35 light years away..which means the Prometheus must have been travelling at high FTL speed to travel 35 LY in just 2 years.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Ridley didn't put that on the screen the VFX people did as a little Easter Egg. Details like that would be added in post by the VFX guys (in this case I believe it was Digital Domain but it could have been DNeg.)

You'll find that VFX guys and gals love to throw in little "eggs"
edit on 13-9-2012 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

Hi vkey,

Thanks for that. I know a lot of games designers and software programmers in general like their Easter eggs too, so it's a definite possibility.

Wouldn't the information shown that early in the film be an established part of the screenplay though?

I would have thought it would have been decided upon early in the story line, if the figures didn't add up or goofed the story up further along the film?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Sometimes yes sometimes no, the year may have been writen in pencil on a script, or notes passed to the VFX team but I've seen a lot of times where they fiddle with the on screen dynamics to put in funny or pop culture references, the best one i know of to date is Mike Okuda, who made all the little LCARS buttons on the Enterprise D have the names of various Muppets...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

34 light years is certainly close in relation to many other things.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
well if we're all going to die, he could have been a little more clear with his communication

jeez

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Makes you wonder...

If Sir Ridley really knew something was going to happen it stands to reason his younger brother Tony knew too...

And we know what happened to Tony.... RIP

Doubt it's anything more than some cryptic way to get people talking about the film longer after release at best. In which case he succeeded.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
As a video game designer and a ATS'er I like to often times place little Illuminati things into the game to make people more interested in it. Its just a joke, and there is no meaning behind it. Also, I get larger share of profit when game sales skyrocket do to conspiracy theorists purchasing..Yes it works and it's fun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join