It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK recently declared embassies open game in regard to Julian Assange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
UK recently declared embassies open game in regard to Julian Assange

i think they need to Retract ASAP so other countries dont do the same

They need to make it clear embassies wont be invaded for any reason not even for Assange

its a bad precedent to set for future peace with all nations

like if the UK invade the embassy to get Julian Assange it will only make all embassies uncomfortable and it tells others its ok to invade embassies when they are so important for peace

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HiGilgamesh

Do you have any evidence to back up your claims?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I think if you actually did the research you would find that the UK merely pointed out to Ecuador that there are legal remedies to get to Assange. There was never a suggestion of "invading" the embassy. I think the Diplomatic and Consular Premises Act 1987 should cover it.

www.legislation.gov.uk...

Part of the introduced legal process was to enable access to criminals (or alleged criminals) hiding in embassies to be reached. The measures came about because the Libyan embassy (of old) housed a person who murdered a UK policewoman and there was sod-all the UK authorities could do about it.

Regards

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HiGilgamesh

Its only wrong when a mob shows up at an embassy.

When its an "official" government order "approved" by their team of liars, I mean lawyers, its perfectly acceptable.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I listened to Assanges balcony speech from the Equadorian embassy, where Assange said they heard police on the stairwell attempting to get in and arrest him. That is not just words from the British gov - that was direct action.
Will try to find a link to the speech.

Im not convinced the British goverments actions have set a precedent for invading embassies worldwide though.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
“Inside this embassy, after dark, I could hear teams of police swarming up into the building through its internal fire escape.

Above is Assanges quote, from a transcript here : www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
I think if you actually did the research you would find that the UK merely pointed out to Ecuador that there are legal remedies to get to Assange. There was never a suggestion of "invading" the embassy. I think the Diplomatic and Consular Premises Act 1987 should cover it.

www.legislation.gov.uk...

Part of the introduced legal process was to enable access to criminals (or alleged criminals) hiding in embassies to be reached. The measures came about because the Libyan embassy (of old) housed a person who murdered a UK policewoman and there was sod-all the UK authorities could do about it.

Regards

when i was listening to the news the day Assange fled to the embassy it sounded like embassies where not considered embassies anymore, the speeches made where dismissive of embassy sovereignty

as for the Libyan embassy shooting wasnt that a false flag? google it

new topics

top topics

join