It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange reality TV show....what do you think...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

The television content that MTV regurgitates and vomits for the youth to see is getting even worst than i taught possible.

I'll be waiting for Mars one in 2023 for a good reality show.

mars-one.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I enjoyed it. Stars and Flags.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

The current popularity of reality tv shows is actually disturbing, because they don't promote any thinking, much less any critical thinking. More drivel to dumb down the masses with mind numbing, worthless entertainment that just distracts people from real issues which they should be concentrating on instead. Like the Romans did before us...more bread and circuses so you don't realize what is really happening to your freedom, your country, and your standard of living. Reality tv, as crazy as it sounds, is just an illusion.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardoom

Well said! star from me to you

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

this is my answer to reality tv

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Beat up your bully reality tv show? For a lack of better words, bullying your bully. Seems to me that the victims of bullying are stooping as low as the "bully" themselves. Don't get me wrong, it's always nice to see karma bite these a**hole's in the ars, but what are we teaching victims? Stand up for yourself by finding someone bigger and physically stronger and go kick his ass!

I say, let karma "naturally" find these idiots and let nature take its course. If your one of the lucky ones, maybe God will let you watch

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Looks like its probably staged.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Maybe that is their karma lol but id love to fight one of these bulliers of the bully. Im not into picking on people but to actually get to kick the ones ass that came to get you would be epic. And i can do it lol taxpayers made that happen lol.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Of course it is staged. Just like Jerry Springer is. I usually do not enjoy reality TV but this I did like.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
reply to post by r2d246

it's a TV show but the stage is a ring.
I watched a few other episodes and the bullies were really bullies who learned some lessons.
I enjoyed it.

b

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
That show came out awhile back... Are they bringing it back or something? Idk what the hoopla is over reality shows... They're all staged. Anyone who hasn't figured that out yet is well... Troubled.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
reply to post by r2d246

Of course it is staged, just look at the people in the crowd, most are completely clueless of what is going on. On top of being staged, it is very badly acted.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardoom
reply to post by r2d246

The current popularity of reality tv shows is actually disturbing, because they don't promote any thinking, much less any critical thinking. More drivel to dumb down the masses with mind numbing, worthless entertainment that just distracts people from real issues which they should be concentrating on instead. Like the Romans did before us...more bread and circuses so you don't realize what is really happening to your freedom, your country, and your standard of living. Reality tv, as crazy as it sounds, is just an illusion.

Well the other thing is it takes virtually no budget. All you need is a guy following the people around with a video camera filming everything. Then at the end have one guy edit the segments to create a show. Like it's zero budget tv but also entertaining so compared to any sit com where each actor gets like between 100,000 to 1 millioin per epsd it's an incredible deal. i bet that's also why all these small networks popped up and went big. Like discovery channel, TLC, slice, etc etc. Cuz all they need is a bunch of reality tv deals and they can have all the unique content they need.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

but if they are really bullys they're not use to getting beat up at all. So in some ways it might be a bit of a wake up call for them. However, my guess is behind the scenes they likely pay the bully just as much as the victims. But that the fight is a bonus that he could make. And he likely has to agree to fight otherwise obviously he can't be on the show. I know for a fact the bully doesn't walk away empty handed that's a given.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012
reply to post by Bilk22

Of course it is staged. Just like Jerry Springer is. I usually do not enjoy reality TV but this I did like.

NO WAY, there's no way it's stagged. Other than the bully probably gets paid too behind the scene for his effort. Because you notice how hard they kick and punch the bully in round 2 of each fight? That's no sparing, that's fully out power shots. Or those slams look genuine too.

top topics

join