It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the US Ambassador to Libya got exactly what he deserves.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is a revolting OP and one not even factually based. The man started out as a Peace Corp volunteer and by all counts was a very good man. I'd think before someone relishes another's death he'd have the decency and morality to at least get his facts right. I am ashamed and ATS should be ashamed this thread has received flags.

Were you in front of me, you'd be knocked out on the ground.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by stonedogdiary
reply to post by milominderbinder

Seriously? Did you really just say that?

Opinions are opinions and I understand that. But with that opinion I'm thinking maybe we should send an angry mob to your house to burn it down and fire rockets at you and your family. Is that okay with you?

Did he help overthrow a foreign government though?

His opinion isn't the same as him actually acting out on it on the behalf of our governments.

Exactly. This guy isn't a "diplomat"...he illegally entered the country and assisted the rebel forces in overthrowing the Libyan government and sending the country into chaos.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The U.S. is now evacuating all Americans from Benghazi who were working with the State Department, and the U.S. is bracing for more attacks in the Middle East.
I'm interested to know who screened and allowed this film (dipicting Muhammad as a fraud and a womanizer) to be released in such countries..
These are the people (add there employers)that should be held responsible

edit on 12-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Bibi snubbed and then this? Coincidence?

The Zionist machine will do whatever is needed to get their way.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Ambassadors have been doing stuff like this FOR A LONG TIME. Ages in fact.

Why Would Slain Ambassador Chris Stevens Go To Consulate To Evacuate Staff? No Phones In Libya?

As proven by this thread earlier.

ETA: Maybe you should all learn about Ambassadors & US Ambassadors

The amount of ignorance in this thread is REALLY high.
edit on 12-9-2012 by thesungod because: see eta

+26 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You are telling me things which are different from what the box in my living room is telling me.

He was an American and Americans are good.
People who kill Americans are bad.
No matter what an American does, if you kill him you are bad.
If Americans kill foreigners for doing exactly what the Americans did on THEIR soil then it is OK....because they aren't American and....well............we ARE!!!

America is #1 and everyone else is #2.
If you ain't first, you're last!!

How dare you put yourself into the shoes of "the others" and allow yourself to see things from their perspective.
I am begining to wonder if you are "Anti American".

The Box wouldn't lie to me.

USA
USA
USA!!!

Down with ANYONE who kills an AMERICAN for ANY reason!!!!!!

Let's KILL 'EM ALL!!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I find the title and the OP disgusting. I am not going bother even debating someone who's opinion is so distorted. Instead I will go take a shower and try to wash the feeling of filth I have gotten from even coming into this thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Opinions are opinions and I understand that. But with that opinion I'm thinking maybe we should send an angry mob to your house to burn it down and fire rockets at you and your family. Is that okay with you?

His opinion isn't the same as him actually acting out on it on the behalf of our governments.

I have absolutely no respect for anyone that condones the actions of yesterday on innocent people. If he had previously been a part of a military operation he was following his countries orders which may or may not have been for the best. We aren't debating that. We're talking about how anybody could have the balls to say something like that when on the anniversary of one of the biggest disasters our country has ever faced, an angry mob burned part of our embassy, tore our flag and raised their own, and killed four people senselessly.

How can anyone in this country defend this angry mob? People like that should seriously leave the country, and I know that might sound childish. But I appreciate what freedom we have left here and even when I strongly disagree with what our country is doing sometimes, I still get tears in my eyes at times when I hear the national anthem and I still respect what my loved ones and friends and friends in the military have done and given for this country no matter what party was ruling at the time.

Incorrect...Chris Stevens was not enlisted in the military at any point in his entire life. The CIA isn't "the military". This guy wasn't a soldier...he was a politician, bureaucrat, spy, and terrorist. If Russia smuggled a KGB agent into the country in order to assist a rebel faction in overthrowing our government...and then gave their KGB agent the title of "Ambassador" afterwards...would you be OK with that? After all...he was just "following orders" like a good little Nazi, right?

Then why the hell should the Libyans be OK with that?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Tell you what -- pick an operative .... any operative and have him/her sneak into the country to help overthrow the government. Can you even guess what's gonna happen next?

Do the terms "rendition" (kidnapping), torture, murder, secret prisons and Gitmo strike a bell?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ha! I wondered if it wasn't in revenge for destroying Libya and killing Gaddafi rather than some feigned outrage about a movie. Now I'm sure.
One thing about hanging out on ATS, it will get your intuitions fine-tuned!

People of Libya -1 CIA - 0

What are we going to do, bomb them in reprisal?

"friend" of the Libyan people my backside.

eta - Do most diplomats earn these kinds of degrees?:

received an M.S. degree from the National War College in 2010.

source - en.wikipedia.org...(ambassador)
edit on 13-9-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added link

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
he passed away in a fire. he was not assassinated by ninja's

see the sign in the back ? "was a friend to all libyans"

credit to the awesome thread here

What i appreciate about an image like that is that you can see that the people of the area do care and dont support this behavior... When the US has a drone "mistake" that takes out a village, childrens hospital, school (you get the point) in Afghanistan, you dont see people of my country (USA) saying sorry with signs in the streets like these people... I give mad respect for this picture...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Ha! I wondered if it wasn't in revenge for destroying Libya and killing Gaddafi rather than some feigned outrage about a movie. Now I'm sure.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

I would say its People of Libya 1 and CIA 1

Remember, the CIA (likely) were the ones responsible with bringing the Gadaffi regime down... So Im pretty sure the CIA has no problem having that trade off all day long... 1 undercover for the collapse of a rival Govt....
edit on 12-9-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Time to log out for a long while. I am disgusted and ashamed at what I'm reading, and frankly disgusted with ATS for mods not stepping up. You people claim to stand for civility and deny ignorance? You got an active thread celebrating the death of a career ambassador and folks posting crap that is just mental masturbation, nothing factual or even trying to be factual. For Christ's sake, the tears on the faces of the man's children are not even dry.

Truly, truly vile and pathetic.

Tonight, humanity is regressing and ATS is choosing to celebrate its growing ignorance.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Take particular note of this thread and remember it. If we do collapse in this country it's going to get really bad, really quick. This thread will give you some serious insight on what type of people you can expect to be dealing with. If your totally against guns at least get some sort of protection for you and your family. Just in case. Care and compassion simply don't exist in some people, now imagine them when it gets really bad...
edit on 12-9-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

edit on 12-9-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

With all the sudden military action, I am thinking that's exactly whats about to happen.
edit on 12-9-2012 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Tell you what -- pick an operative .... any operative and have him/her sneak into the country to help overthrow the government. Can you even guess what's gonna happen next?

Do the terms "rendition" (kidnapping), torture, murder, secret prisons and Gitmo strike a bell?

Ok i need to straighten you people out he was an ambassador he didnt work for the CIA. What he did do is use his contacts in Syria to help coordinate air strikes to take out Qaddafi. Now these airstrikes occurred because he was shelling civilians in cities.Obama made the call we would provide air support to prevent him from using his air support against the rebels.Do to the fact he was able to make contacts in the country having lived there he decided he would help stop the shelling in Benghazi.Now many libyans were fully aware of the help he gave and was great full. Funny how quickly people forget the past and replace it with there own false narrative.By the way you guys may not be aware of this so ill fill you in.

U.S. and NATO warplanes helped the Benghazi-based rebellion drive on Libyan strongman Moammar Gadhafi last August. The jihadists suspected in Tuesday night's attack "are a very small minority" who are taking advantage of a fledgling democracy, Ali Suleiman Aujali, the Libyan ambassador the United States, told CNN's "Amanpour." "The good thing about this is the majority -- 95, 98% of the Libyan people -- care not for this," he said.

And now heres something that should piss you off this wasnt the first attack on the consulate.In fact they think the same group is responsible for this attack as well.

Here a message from the rally condemning the attacks.

edit on 9/12/12 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Who is celebrating his death? Nobody.

What gets me is people who could give a rat's ass about any "collateral damage" our military causes, but if an American is killed, they go all to pieces.

What are you saying, that the Ambassador's life is worth more than the thousands we have already slaughtered? All lives are equal in the eyes of God.

Any wrongful death is sad, no matter what the nationality of the deceased is. However, when one goes into foreign countries and overthrows a legitimate government, rips the nation apart, and puts in a puppet regime, there will be blowback. The Ambassador and his aides, unfortunately, were used as scapegoats.

Whether he was a spook, I don't know, but he did admit helping to overthrow Gaddafi, which to me seems fairly damning.

I posted that I felt that, looking at the photo of the deceased, that it didn't look like a death from being bombed, but rather by being shot. I don't think we're getting the full story, and as Asktheanimals posted, it probably wasn't from some movie that's been out since July that nobody cared about. I don't buy the idea that they "suddenly" got the movie translated, as there are many people from the ME here in the US who know both languages.

The explanation is too simplistic, some Americans are dead, and I doubt we're being told the truth. That is what ATS is all about. Digging deeper to find the truth. Although I'm not crazy about the title of this thread, it bears looking into.

Too much emotion, not enough thinking. Perhaps you do need a break.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Milominderbinder,

I understand that passion can run high and can prompt us to say things that, looking back, we can see to be mistakes. I am nearly certain that the headline you chose is not what you want to be known for.

I'd likely to strongly suggest that you issue a serious and complete apology, asking for forgiveness, to the readers of this thread and to ATS at large, for they have all seen the headline. You may then start about rebuilding your reputation.

You can see the reaction you've received; that it was foul, inhuman, disgusting, and so on. Honestly, mine is the same. But I refuse to believe that your soul is entirely dead. Find whatever goodness you have left and make that apology, please.

-C-

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If you find someone who doesn't agree with you, all you have to do is call them a CIA operative... It works weel for people on ATS.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I couldn't possibly, in any way shape or form, disagree with your OP more than I do. This man was not a Soldier. He was NOT CIA. (State and CIA are two different PLANETS that simply speak a common language) He was a Diplomat. A soft, civilian diplomat. Even the worst previous incident for a direct manned attack against a U.S. Embassy outside a war zone didn't KILL the people and that was Iran in 1979. The hate there was so tangible you can still FEEL it, watching the videos of the events. Hell, they got a FULL Embassy, including all the files, records and gear that couldn't be destroyed with no time to do it in. ...yet THEY didn't slaughter diplomats.

It's a crazy thing to say but these are CRAZY times. The Iranians, at the peak of their fury, were more decent and reasonable people with a better sense of HONOR and integrity to international standards and law then the cretins we just got done helping here oust Gadaffi and .....we all know what the animals did to HIM.

Thank GOD the Ambassador didn't follow the fate of Gadaffi. I'd be down having a meaningful discussion with Military Recruiters tomorrow morning, first thing, if we'd been sent tapes of OUR guy being raped in the middle of a filthy street...repeatedly...then executed like a common criminal. THAT is what these people did to Gadaffi.

We need to get our people OUT OF THERE. If Beirut taught us nothing, the Embassy bombings in Africa sure should have. We cannot keep an Embassy safe if we're behind enemy lines and the enemy has decided we have to go. Even a full Marine Barracks did little but boggle their minds to find the right method......Remember Beirut and lets NOT willingly set our people up for a repeat.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join