It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Masons do not worship Lucifer (or Satan)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Ignoring the obvious mistranslation of St. Jerome's 4th and 5th century conversions of the Vetus Latina and the Hebrew Bible and the subsequent misuses by Milton and Aligiehri the knowledgeable person will conclude that the word Lucifer does not refer to Satan but the planet Venus.

All regular Masons are required to have a belief in a Supreme Being, i.e. God, and the planet Venus, whom the Romans refered to as Lucifer, certainly does not qualify.

Neither does Satan, who besides being a purely Christian concept, cannot, in the historical context, be considered a 'Supreme Being'. The historical Satan of Christian mythos was created by God and is therefore subordinate to God and defacto, not 'Supreme'. Letting common sense prevail the intelligent contemplator of this topic would realize that there can only be one Supreme Being if one deigns to believe in such; only one ominscient, ominpotent and omnipresent creator of the Universe. To imply that Satan (Lucifer) is somehow on par with God is to argue that God is neither all-powerful nor supreme.

This would imply a situation where God is neither omnipotent nor unique and not worthy of the respect and adoration due to God by every Mason. It therefore becomes quite obvious why any Mason obligated to believe in God would not and could not call God by the name Lucifer or Satan.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I won't pretend to know everything (even though I do... lol jk) but breaking kittens knecks and placing them around children who are sat in the middle of a pentagram lit with candles sure does not seem like the work of holy men. Every masonic family might not do this type of thing, but the girl I met sure had it done to her in her childhood and it bred nothing but darkness in her heart, cutting her off from the light. Oh I forgot to mention the molestation she talked about as well, I'm sure they were worshipping Jesus lol.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

i kinda got what you said haha..

but i just wanted to add this, from my point of view... in our world, what the religions think is god, is basically, the devil, who has tricked all of mankind to think he is our god, and our creator, so that we do not know or believe in the TRUE god....

so masons, and the religions think they believe in god, and want to, but at the same time, they believe in the wrong god, and they worship the wrong god.... they are misled. as i think it has been for most of mindkind.....
and isnt that what the devils, or satans , or whatever you want to call it, goal is?...

and so the true god is just believing you believe in what you think is the real god, and loving what you feel is the real god.. not being pushed into worshipping him..

now im just kinda rammbling, but thats my 2 cents in it haha

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This MUST be bot post...

Just kidding...great food for the mind to devour...
edit on 12-9-2012 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamanix2012
I won't pretend to know everything (even though I do... lol jk) but breaking kittens knecks and placing them around children who are sat in the middle of a pentagram lit with candles sure does not seem like the work of holy men. Every masonic family might not do this type of thing, but the girl I met sure had it done to her in her childhood and it bred nothing but darkness in her heart, cutting her off from the light. Oh I forgot to mention the molestation she talked about as well, I'm sure they were worshipping Jesus lol.

Let me see if I understand. Some girl told you that she sat in the middle of a candlelit pentagram surrounded by throttled kittens and you found this pefectly reasonable to believe, why?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by willrush
so masons, and the religions think they believe in god, and want to, but at the same time, they believe in the wrong god, and they worship the wrong god.... they are misled. as i think it has been for most of mindkind.....
and isnt that what the devils, or satans , or whatever you want to call it, goal is?...

Since the Devil or Satan or whatever you decide to call him is purely a New Testament concept created by Christians how is it that everyone throughout history somehow fell into this ridiculous pardigm that did not exist for most of history?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I believed it because I stuck around that family long enough to see that it was most likely true. Sure it might have all been made up nonsense but I have never experienced a darker more tainted situation than when I was involved with those people. I am not even religious but after that whole mess I am much more open to what may or may not exist.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I believed it because I stuck around that family long enough to see that it was most likely true. Sure it might have all been made up nonsense but I have never experienced a darker more tainted situation than when I was involved with those people.

So they more believable answer is; Masons stuck your friend in the middle of a pentagram surrounded by dead cats and molested her and it appears true because her family is screwed up or Masons do not worship something they do not believe in and her family is screwed up because, well, they are screwed up.

Believe what you want, I do, and it is not in Lucifer.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I don't know a lot about the masons. Isn't it a common practice when inscribing dates onto stones that they us A.D and A.L? A.L being Anno Lucis?
A.L.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Screwed up is not the term for that family, I have my reasons to believe they were deeply involved in the occult, they tried to use it on me, had me gaslighted, call it what you want witchcraft ? satanic ? all I know is that it spooked the hell out of me and it was draining my soul. She was incapable of loving even her own children and her only strength was to turn everyone around her against each other in order to be in control. Now to me,if there ever was an evil force in this world, it would work in these ways. I'm not blaming masons, but every part of society, every group has the potential for corruption in some of their ranks, not just masons.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heros_son
Isn't it a common practice when inscribing dates onto stones that they us A.D and A.L? A.L being Anno Lucis?

And what does that have to do with Satan?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I'm not blaming masons...

They why even bring it up as an example?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Your OP was a great read. I was labouring under the silly impression some lodges were worshipping Baphomet or sexual concepts related to him (Hieros Gamos) or something. I should read less Dan Brown...

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

that is interesting isnt it?

it is possible that it did exist before any christian religion was made, but the way christians make it out to be could be wrong, maybe, the god they think they worship is the devil, but through writing the devil tricked people to believe he is god, and made them think there is this devil that wants to make everybody to not believe in him, who tells people he is god, but is satan, and so when people here this, they have nothing else to think but to believe in him...

because maybe even the devil, thinks that he is god, or he wants to be god, so he has to get everybody else to believe he is god. because he wants to overthrow the real god, and if he has all believeing he is god, and no body believes in the true god, he thinks he could overpower him, but of course that would be useless because GOD is the creator of all,,, yes?.. and so that is where the devil fails haha..

but i am just putting my own thoughts out there, and some of this i have gained from hearing another speak about it and told me stories and what not... but im not trying to say anybody is wrong, or right, im not saying im right either, just putting my own thoughts out there

but with writting .. i have been told that words, and letters, were created by the devil.. and in reality(that is who is to say what reality is) but in reality, words, and writting, is not even real, but for all of mankind we have been tricked by many of writtings and words.. because that is what the devil has created, to trick mankind and i believe all other kinds of species that are in the universe, if you also believe in that..

but i believe the true way to god, is not through what you read, or what you say, its through how you feel, and the positive feeling and love.. you have to love in order to know god, because in order to tell yourself who you think the real god is, all you have to do is love him, whatever you believe he is, and in doing that he loves you back...... thats the problem with the devil tricking us in thinking hes god... when some try to love hiim,, he does not love back... he just wants to be worshipped and believed in.. not loved...

but you can disagree with anything i say.. thats fine.. but i just want an agreement on the way to god is in loving him.. and trusting him.. even though we might not fully understand, we still must love and trust him.... yes??

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The concept of Satan pre-dates Christianity to Judaism. We see in the Book of Genesis where Jacob wrestles with an Angel - The Jewish explanation is that Jacob was wrestling with Satan. The concept of Satan is much older than Christianity.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Lucifer is known to as "The light bearer" in freemasonry

Here

Masons say they offer new candidates "the light". The light they are actually giving is: Lucifer. The Christian Bible says that Satan walks to and fro on this earth masquerading as an "angel of light", that many might be deceived.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Heros_son because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I bring it up because I experienced it first hand, and there is a possibility that SOME masons do worship Lucifer, Satan, ( the name doesn't matter, their actions do ). I wasn't trying to offend you, just putting another perspective here.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
From a Latin Proverb:
Honores mutant mores.
Translation: "Honor changes behavior"

Thanks for the thread and for taking the time to offer what few could communicate in such a brief, but such concise manner. Truly refreshing to come across. Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Heros_son

i have also hear that the devil, or lucifer, or whatever.. his name that god calls him is , the light of the world,
and so that could be why many call him the light barrier, or light holder, or whatever haha

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by willrush
.. but i just want an agreement on the way to god is in loving him.. and trusting him..

I disagree with all of your post execpt this, which we are in agreement on.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join