It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spark that Re-Ignited a Smoldering Fire in Libya

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Muslims' reverence for their Prophet is not 'supporting pedophilia.'

To apply pedophilia to child marriage in a culture clear across the world, hundreds of years ago, in which it was not unusual or considered deviant to take a child bride is neither accurate or fair. It demonstrates both self-righteousness and an unwillingness to consider the facts based on research.

What is not acceptable now in the US is not applicable to what was acceptable centuries ago in the ME.

And your vehemence is an indication of personal issues that are your own business and not related to the incident in Libya or the movie trailer or even the Islamic religion. Even if it isn't about personal issues, it is not related to these broader issues.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I know what is being said here...and it isn't really what I started this thread to discuss...the anti-muslim sentiment is not the topic of the thread but rather the movie this guy made.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Now, today, this article reveals a little more about this Sam Bacile...he might not be who he said he is...

But a search of public records and inconsistencies in Bacile's own accounts, as well as information from a radical Christian who helped produced the movie all suggest that "Sam Bacile" is a pseudonym and is not Israeli but an Arab Christian.

"I've met him twice. He is not a citizen of Israel. He is in hiding," Steve Klein, a member of a far-right anti-Islamic Christian group who says he helped with the film's production, told ABC News.

Klein said Bacile was not Israeli or Jewish, and suggested he was an Arab Christian who was a U.S. citizen.

Three U.S. Christian groups, including two identified as hate groups by the Southern Poverty Law Council, and a third that advocates for Egyptian Christians, or Copts, have been linked to the production or eventual distribution of the movie.

The controversial Florida Pastor Terry Jones, who in 2010 sparked riots in Afghanistan after burning copies of the Koran, told ABC News in that he had been contacted to help distribute the film.

Klein, a member of the Church of Kaweah, listed as an anti-Muslim hate group, said Bacile and the film's other backers were "refugees from the Middle East."

"The folks that I'm working with have come from a culture where they've been tracked down, driven from their homes. Close family members have been kidnapped, raped and murdered," said Klein of the filmmaker.

Christians in much of the Middle East are persecuted and their plight has been made a cause for many American fundamentalist Christians.

Morris Sadek, head of the National American Coptic Assembly, an Egyptian Christian group based in the U.S., confirmed to Reuters that he was involved in the film's planned distribution.

An Arab Christian?
The movie trailer even supports that suspicion...if anyone has watched it besides me.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

And your vehemence is an indication of personal issues that are your own business

Are you are trying to insinuate something?
That what you need to do, try silly things like that?

Personally, I would really wonder about a woman that accepts an adult male having sex with a nine year old girl, I take it you are not a mother? And you presume that I have issues!

Your posts have been full of vehemence, especially when one reads your avvie..... 'Make love, not war'.
You seem fairly warlike to me.

To apply pedophilia to child marriage in a culture clear across the world, hundreds of years ago, in which it was not unusual or considered deviant to take a child bride is neither accurate or fair. It demonstrates both self-righteousness and an unwillingness to consider the facts based on research.

Some cultures offered up POW's as sacrifices to their gods. It was still the taking of a human life.

Some African tribes killed and ate the members of other tribes, looking at them as livestock. It was culturally acceptable for them. I wonder how the people that were being eaten felt about it?

edit on 13-9-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I'm not sure how you define the word 'vehemence', but I tend to agree with the dictionary...

vehemence: characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid

Maybe I should have said 'intensity' instead. I was referring to the

I will judge!

in your previous post.

It just seemed a bit out of proportion in regard to a man who's been dead for centuries...so maybe it had to do with something else...in which case, that something else would be irrelevant to this thread.

...and as an aside...if you think "Make Love, Not War" is 'war-like,' then I'd hate to see what you consider to be outright 'militant.'

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Personally, I would really wonder about a woman that accepts an adult male having sex with a nine year old girl, I take it you are not a mother? And you presume that I have issues!

I neither accept or reject it...it happened far away a long time ago in a culture of which I have absolutely no personal experience...NO ONE does that is alive today. All we have is the documented writings of the people who lived then.
But it doesn't matter...it is not my place to judge anyone...and in this situation it is distraction and irrelevant in the context of the movie and it causing offense to Muslims.

Some cultures offered up POW's as sacrifices to their gods. It was still the taking of a human life.

Some African tribes killed and ate the members of other tribes, looking at them as livestock. It was culturally acceptable for them. I wonder how the people that were being eaten felt about it?

I'm sure they did not like it one bit. But what does that have to do with the topic of this thread?
Nothing!

We are (supposed to be) discussing this movie trailer...of a movie whose creator is on the record as saying was intentionally created to stir up strife and is based on a negative personal opinion of a predominant religion...it was made to stir up some conflict. And it did...4 people died because of it.

Now it turns out that the person who made the movie might be an Arab Christian who has family ties in the ME and possibly has lived there. If that be the case, then is the person responsible for the movie in some sense accountable for what happened afterward?

Not in the sense that he can control the reactions of others...but knowing full well, most likely, just how much of a reaction it would cause and that it could become deadly for Americans in the midst of a place already heated to the boiling point? ESPECIALLY if he is not even an American but made it purposely appear as if he were, and therefore making the victims of the raid on the embassy, who were literally innocent in regard to this movie and the sentiments it stirred up, appear to be complicit in his own deliberation provocation!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Is there any evidence a 2 month old obscure youtube video had anything to do with anything?

It's pretty clear to me, the video didn't cause anything,

It's either #1, an excuse invented by the Obama administration
or it's #2, an excuse by the terrorists(protestors) to kill on 9/11

Does anyone have direct connections with anyone in Libya with confirmation pre-CNN garbage
that this video had anything to do with anything?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
CBS: Witnesses Says There Was Never An Anti-American Protest In Benghazi, Just An Attack

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join