It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Advisory Panel Recommends Banning Vicodin and Percocet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
People with Cancer eating them alive were getting OxyContin and it was stopping their pain. Obama's admin forced Purdue Pharma to reformulate OxyContin and the new formula hit the US market in the 4th quarter, 2010.

The new formula doesn't work. So Americans are now getting Vicodin and popping so many the Tylenol overload kills their liver and they die of organ failure.

Just what Obama wanted, many people dying= money into the economy....cuts Federal Liabilities. Don't have to pay those people Social Security...retirements.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I have had to deal with chronic pain pretty much on a daily basis for over 30 years.. My work day began with a 45 minute soak in a bath tub of hot water followed by stretching exercises and aspirin chased with hot coffee.. 16 years ago I had gotten bad off enough that I was able to get into a pain management clinic at a VA hospital and prescribed oxycodone and other medications.. Since then as my physical condition became worse I was prescribed methadone which I took with etoldolac until 5 years ago.. Now I am taking 15mg of morphinecontin 3 times a day, tramadol and aspirin when the weather is cold and damp or I have spent to long on the tractor or under the hood of on of my old junkers... I've never had a desire to take more than the amount of medicine than is prescribed though I will at times have a beer or shot of bourbon if I can't sleep.. I have a prescription for anxiety medication that I am able to go 2 or 3 months with out having it refilled... At times I can go 6 to 8 weeks on a 1 month supply of my pain meds... People I know that have legitimate pain aren't joy popping to attain a buzz but taking what meds they need to be more functional and have a more quality life than they would with constant pain.... I was having all kinds of pain along with liver problems when taking statens for cholesterol along with the oxycodone.. I would have bad withdrawal symptoms if I was to run out of methadone but with the morphine and tramadol I have the kind of pain that I did before I was taking pain control meds but none of the terrible sweating and vomiting like with methadone.... Even with the pills I am limited to how long I can sit, stand or walk.. Some days are better than others but not often do I not feel pain and can only sleep for short periods of time with out waking... That is usually when I get up and go online...
edit on 14-9-2012 by hypervigilant because: correcta mistake in wording

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hope4peace

No i don't believe someone that young should be given vicodin. MAYBE codeine.

I understand that it can be dangerous, i have friends that have been addicted to painkillers, and i won't lie and say i didn't enjoy the times i was prescribed them, but banning them is a bit extreme. More regulated? Absolutely but banned? No.

Think about the extreme cases, like people with terminal illnesses that need relief, and aren't willing to use better options like medicinal marijuana or don't have it available legally in their state.

As for the xanax, i really think it depends on the person. I was first prescribed a weaker benzo, (Lorazepam) and it didn't help, and xanax did. My doctor wasn't an idiot and only allowed me to use it for about 2 weeks to aid me in getting used to certain situations and it helped. Doctors that prescribe it for long periods of time are idiots but when used responsibly, it is very useful.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Nvm already posted.
edit on 14-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
just wondering here....
think maybe if they banned the gmo's and other crap that they are allowing to be put in our water, our food, our air, and just about every product on the shelves, well, maybe we might have fewer pill poppers???

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
Reply to post by popcornmafia

i dont think it was a good idea to post that, you may get into some heat and get this thread shut down.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Understand how many lives that extraction saves a year>?

Didnt think so

It is the exact thing the article is talking about removing the liver toxin acetaminophen
edit on 13-9-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

Yes that's fine, understand i didnt say it would get heat for sure. and im not against doing it. i was just saying. Its not like i reported the post or anything. i just think this is a good thread and i wouldn't like seeing it get shut down.

P.S. the "didnt think so" was unnecessary as i don't always have time to respond right away, i have a real life too.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
They are about to release a pure hydrocodone pill with no APAP called Zohydro.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

CONSPIRACY?
Acetaminophen is put into Vicodin and percocet to KILL DRUG ADDICTS.
The FDAs reasoning is so what if kills 500 others and injures thousands more.
In fact the FDA banned a company from producing a drug that was pure hydrocodone,
because drug addicts could use it.
Pure Opiates are among the safest drugs known.
Yes, it is a conspiracy. The drug war is a war on people.-Leary

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Thanks, I had never really looked at it in that way, admittedly tylenol is one of the few drugs that works well for me, and yes I have over done it many times. Flushing w/ plenty of water seems to work good at keeping the liver/kidneys flowing.

Love Leary, think I was cloned by him and his family back in early 70;s...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

They have one now called IE or something like that, muy ex has to take pain meds and he said it made him throw up it was so strong, so really I am not so convinced that this is what it seems to be. Perhaps more to do with all the tylenol recalls in the past few years? Funny they never seem to recall pain meds...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Right ON!!! Amen and with that said this thread could end because you hit the prize patrol big winner with your reply.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Actually throwing up is a common side effect of strong & pure opiates. If he already has a tolerance & the new one he took made him puke, it must be pretty damn strong!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join