It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu More Than Concerned About Tehran's Nuclear Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The deepening dispute between the United States and Israel over how to stop Iran’s nuclear program broke into public view Tuesday, with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu suggesting that the Obama administration did not have the “moral right” to forestall military action.

Netanyahu’s remarks — and a White House decision that President Obama will not meet with the Israeli leader later this month — threatened to further exacerbate tensions between the two allies and possibly push the disagreement over Iran into the U.S. presidential campaign.

In a blistering response to a Sunday statement by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton that the United States is “not setting deadlines” for Iran to abandon its alleged weapons program, Netanyahu said that if no “red line” is established, Iran will continue to pursue an atomic bomb.

“The world tells Israel: ‘Wait. There’s still time.’ And I say, ‘Wait for what? Wait until when?’ Those in the international community who refuse to put red lines before Iran don’t have a moral right to place a red light before Israel,” Netanyahu told reporters in Jerusalem.

Original article can be found in the link below.

Link To Washington Post Article

Mod Note--Using Content From Other Websites
Mod Note--Starting A New Thread? Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 9/12/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Proper EX Tags, and formatting; Mod Note.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You copied and pasted the entire article? No point of view either.,...

Let Israel do what Israel wants, just do not drag any other countries with it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of ATS, but I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about Israel and Iran. If I were the United States, I would want NO part of another senseless war. Let Israel defend themselves. It's high time that we quit doodling in other countries business and focus on our own problems. We have homeless VETERANS on the streets who fought and were either maimed, traumatized, or shoved to the side, on the streets of the United States. Israel should be our last concern. Let them back up their mouth.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I wish Benny would just have the balls to handle his own problems, and or interest. Why is it American lives always has to be on the battle front? Unless someone here can provide a link to proof that Iran has or is working towards nuclear weapons, i would also continue to tell that little ankle bitter to be quiet. Maybe a time out is in order, bad Benny bad we don't bully or call names now keep your hands to yourself. I would not be apposed to sending some troops to help out those Palestinian people tho.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Frankly, i'm much more concerned with ISRAEL's nuclear 'program' than i am about Irans' tinkering.

As Iran have repeatedly stated...what is the point of developing one, two or ten nuclear bombs, when Israel has hundreds, perhaps thousands of the things?!

And yeah, i agree with the previous posters. I'm sick and tired of the pro-Israel propaganda from our governments and mass media.

The people aren't falling for the 'poor, innocent Israel' routine anymore...they aren't poor and they certainly are not innocent.

They have been swimming in Arab blood since they held a knife (and plenty of IEDs / bombs) to the British's throats back in the day.

Iran OTOH, haven't invaded or occupied or started a war with anyone in centuries.

And Iran is a signatory to the NPT, whereas Israel is not. (NPT=Nuclear non proliferation treaty).

Iran ALLOWS UN weapons inspectors into Iran...Israel does NOT allow the UN to inspect it's nuclear arsenal and programs.

Iran doesn't whine on and on calling for the rest of the world to fight and die for it either...Israel hasn't shut up whining and crying wolf trying to start various wars.

Change the record Israel and Benny. It's very old psy tactics that have very much seen their days.

Or go and fight yourselves and leave the rest of us the hell out of it...or shut up, and do the right thing by your neighbours and fellow human beings for once...you never know, you might enjoy being the nice guys for a change.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

“In his first TV interview as president,” Romney said in his Republican convention speech last month, Obama “said we should talk to Iran. We’re still talking, and Iran’s centrifuges are still spinning. “President Obama has thrown allies like Israel under the bus,” Romney said.

Can somebody get that idiot Romney a copy of the NPT. Iran is allowed to develop nuclear technology. And until Israel allows inspectors into their country they should just keep their trap shut far too many Americans has died over that nation of terrorist.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I didn't give my input on the matter because i didn't want what I had to say influence another post/reply. I wanted to see what the minds of others thought about when approaching this subject. Most of all, I just wanted to get the news out, for those who have yet to be informed.

top topics

join