It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A big earthquake MIGHT soon hit California. (changed the title not make more people cry. )

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Original Title : A big earthquake will soon hit California.

This is not based on dreams or visions but on facts.

Of course i am not 100% sure that this will happen, it is just an assumption based on the fact that

people across south California have been reporting a smell of rotten egg across the state. Rotten eggs aka Sulfur.

Story is here :

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Now, in the 1755 Lisbon earthquake people had too been reporting a massive smell of rotten eggs couple of days before the earthquake. Same thing for the 1811 Madrid earthquake and the earthquake in Jamaica in 1692. Conception in 1835, New England 1727, Lima 1865.

Add to that all the small earthquakes that have been hitting the region and i think these are all precursors to one huge earthquake.

I am in no way a medium but if these dots really connect then i expect something big to happen this week.

Also i do not know much about earthquake and do not claim to see in the future, if anyone can refute my theory i would greatly appreciate it since i do not wish for anyone in California to be hurt.
edit on 12-9-2012 by ExNihilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Will happen at September 27 2012 6:02pm pacific time.
..............wtf

I just had that date and time flash in my mind and i really hope its for something else

edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: this year

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Couldnt the smell be from the hundreds of small quakes that took place a few weeks ago in that area?

Either way, its interesting. Thanks for the information.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
..............wtf

I just had that date and time flash in my mind and i really hope its for something else

What about the epicenter?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Not another one. My god,it doesn't take a genius to figure out that eventually California is going to have a big quake. Come on,it's like saying that the midwest is going to have a big Tornado or that Florida/the gulf coast region is going to be hit with another Andrew/Katrina storm. In other words,its inevitable!!!!! It WILL happen.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ExNihilo

I don't care if 100% you're absolutely correct in every word. The odds dominate over any predictions so much they render predictions meaningless. Coupled with the fact that no one is going to listen to you anywayWhy did you bother ?

I'm going to say :
a big earthquake is coming to Japan very soon.

edit on 12-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExNihilo

Originally posted by dreamfox1
..............wtf

What about the epicenter?

if i knew that i would of posted that....

i hope its not close

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Not another one. My god,it doesn't take a genius to figure out that eventually California is going to have a big quake. Come on,it's like saying that the midwest is going to have a big Tornado or that Florida/the gulf coast region is going to be hit with another Andrew/Katrina storm. In other words,its inevitable!!!!! It WILL happen.

I am not saying it will happen just like that out of nowhere , i am saying that if history has teach us anything, it will happen in the next few days. Doesn't take a genius to read my post and see that i am not trying to pretend i can see into the future.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I don't care if 100% you're absolutely correct in every word. The odds dominate over any predictions so much they render predictions meaningless. Coupled with the fact that no one is going to listen to you anywayWhy did you bother ?

I'm going to say :
a big earthquake is coming to Japan very soon.

edit on 12-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

If you have anything to back up your claims why not.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Bro this is ATS, you can't say:

And then follow with:

Of course i am not 100% sure that this will happen, it is just an assumption based on the fact that people across south California have been reporting a smell of rotten egg across the state

Well, I guess you can, and did, but that' s besides the point. I live in Southern California and have came to a daring conclusion, NO ONE will be able to predict when the "big one" will hit, or where for that matter. The amount of false alarms we've had since the last big one are insane, if anything remotely odd ever happens people start to yell "earthquake is coming". I've actually seen people panicking and hitting the road when it gets cloudy in summer because they believe that weather is any indication of a quake.

The rotten egg smell has been around last couple days, more so in other parts of the state then where I am, but it isn't the first time, and I'm sure it won't be the last. At this point it's a safer bet to assume a sewage problem or chemical dump, just going off prior history.

For the record there was no sulfur/egg smell before any quake I have ever felt, big or small.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Alright alright I give you credit for attitude.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Alright alright I give you credit for attitude.

attitude that let's you win.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

I am not saying it will happen just like that out of nowhere , i am saying that if history has teach us anything, it will happen in the next few days. Doesn't take a genius to read my post and see that i am not trying to pretend i can see into the future.

Chill out dude,I didn't say you were trying to see into the future. I'm saying you're pretty much pointing out the obvious. Hence the examples I just gave. I'm willing to bet you it won't be in the next few days. I think you're reading too much into the article you posted.

link   
Info from around the net and other locations.

For the scientific minded:

1) Check out the CA Fault Map.....note where the San Andreas is in So. CA.....its way inland.
www.data.scec.org...

Just found a clearer map of the SA fault line for Ca:
geology.com...

Here's another one that also clearly shows the San Jacinto fault line west of the Salton Sea. San Adreas fault line runs west of the Salton Sea.
Very long Google link

2) Check out WHERE the fault venting was observed on Friday......on the major faults surrounding the Salton Sea:
www.youtube.com...

3) Now check the Map on this youtube, where people from all over So. CA reported smelling the strong sulfur rotten eggy smell. Note that they cluster along the San Andreas fault line!
www.youtube.com...

The locked San Andreas fault is on the move, folks.

Since strong odors are also reported in Santa Cruz along the San Andreas fault there, (could be other places between LA and Santa Cruz, but people aren't reporting it, not realizing its significance) and the San Andreas in So. CA, the whole state should be on alert. We may well be talking about multiple quakes that are sizable.

www.rumormillnews.com...

www.godlikeproductions.com...

chrisinmaryville.net...
edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because:

link   

A big earthquake will soon hit California.

Statement.

Statement. Thinking that we usually cannot predict earth-quakes, this is going to be fantastic!

Of course i am not 100% sure that this will happen,

Oh wait, what?

it is just an assumption based on the fact that

Oh.. now we are going the opposite direction here.

people across south California have been reporting a smell of rotten egg across the state. Rotten eggs aka Sulfur.

Rotten eggs are not also known as Sulfur. I think rotten eggs are rotten eggs.
The smell of rotten eggs might be hydrogen sulfide and have several potential sources.

Story is here :

You didn't mind telling what is suspected to be the source, Salton Sea?

I am in no way a medium but if these dots really connect then i expect something big to happen this week.

Well clearly. If there will be a quake, of course we'd expect there to be one.

Also i do not know much about earthquake

That's a shame. It all started with such confident "facts".

, if anyone can refute my theory i would greatly appreciate it

Theory? Didn't you start by saying it "will" happen?

To conclude, your title is very misleading.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Consequence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I find it funny you are asking someone else for facts

2nd.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If I had $10 for every *the big one is coming to California* thread posted here since January 2012...I could retire now.....

Des

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence

A big earthquake will soon hit California.

Statement.

Statement. Thinking that we usually cannot predict earth-quakes, this is going to be fantastic!

Of course i am not 100% sure that this will happen,

Oh wait, what?

it is just an assumption based on the fact that

Oh.. now we are going the opposite direction here.

Rotten eggs are not also known as Sulfur. I think rotten eggs are rotten eggs.
The smell of rotten eggs might be hydrogen sulfide and have several potential sources.

[qoute]
Story is here :

You didn't mind telling what is suspected to be the source, Salton Sea?

Well clearly. If there will be a quake, of course we'd expect there to be one.

Also i do not know much about earthquake

That's a shame. It all started with such confident "facts".

lol people of your kind make me laugh so much. Absolutely don't give a damn about the issue here, all you care about is discrediting me for some star and a boost to your ego. Too bad for you i won't play that game of yours.

I made sure to insert the words you are using against me not to be called a fail medium. I believe in science and made assumptions based of phenomena that happened before an other earthquake. Also, i have a a master in political science and a bachelor in common law so of course i am going to say that i do not know much about earthquake.

tip to you : Kill your ego, it is poison to the soul.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
If I had $10 for every *the big one is coming to California* thread posted here since January 2012...I could retire now.....

Des

You and me both

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Reading this thread which is here as well....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now this movie came to mind

www.imdb.com...

edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join