It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Announces a Letterman Show the Same Day He Blows Off Netanyahu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
White House declines Netanyahu request to meet with Obama
www.haaretz.com...
By Barak Ravid and Natasha Mozgovaya | Sep.11, 2012 | 8:10 PM | 7

White House rejected the request and said that at this time Obama's schedule does not allow for a meeting.

because...............

Vietor said: "I don’t have a final schedule for the president for that whole week."

yet on the same day it is announced:

Obama Back on Letterman Next Week

www.nationaljournal.com...
September 11, 2012 | 6:12 p.m.

President Obama will appear as a guest on The Late Show with David Letterman during a trip to New York on Tuesday, Sept. 18, a source tells National Journal.

Obama's a player. He played Netanayahu and the American people.
I am embarassed for our country. Go ahead world have a good laugh on the POTUS. Obama earned it.

Can't wait to hear what his supporters have to say when they rush in to defend him. I don't give a bleeding rodent's rear end for any thoughts on his rationale. To have these two stories break the same day is rude and disrespectful.

Party like it's 2012, Baby!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If they got together what do you supposed they would talk about?
Another war we can't afford?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Excuse me but this actually IMPROVES my opinion of Obama. I imagine he has had that appointment for the Letterman Show quite some time. Sorry, but screw Israel and screw Netanyahu. I wonder what he has to talk about? Bombing Iran? What else??

I'm actually happy that Obama blew off that prick Netanyahu.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
If they got together what do you supposed they would talk about?
Another war we can't afford?

Maybe Letterman's publicity agents should invite Netanyahu for the same night....might be the new way to get Barry to do his duty as POTUS, and meet with World Leaders during times of crisis. That would be a show...huh....

Des

edit on 11-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I have no idea what I just did

edit on 9/11/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I believe Obama is taking a stand against more war. We are not in the financial or military position to support anyone's war. I am pro Israel , so the snub was harsh, but we need to take care of us before worrying about everyone else atm.! Because if we collapse we will not be able to help anyone in any way.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Excuse Me,,,,,,Obama who's more important,,, Letterman or Netanyahu?
I mean,,,, who could start a nasty war?
Don't you think obama, you should put Netanyahu's mind at-ease with a little pep talk?
OH,,,, I see,,,,,

The president will chat with the "Late Show" host during a trip to New York City next week, according to the National Journal. Letterman's nightly monologues mostly spare the president from satirical ribbing, saving his most cutting remarks for the Romneys ... or even former President George W. Bush.

www.breitbart.com...
Go ahead and talk to your Crony and ignore a lite powder keg that needs you to blow out the fuse!
MORON!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
I believe Obama is taking a stand against more war. We are not in the financial or military position to support anyone's war. I am pro Israel , so the snub was harsh, but we need to take care of us before worrying about everyone else atm.! Because if we collapse we will not be able to help anyone in any way.

I would like to think that was his reasoning. But, I honestly believe, he's not going to pass up the opportunity to play in front of a huge audience 2 months from a tight election. Plus, he gets to hob nob with his movie industry buddies...

jmoho...Des

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Obama is trying to win a campaign. A few weeks of blowing off Netanyahu will be fine in his book.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
i loathe Obama and this actually improves my opinion of him .Netanyahu is war mongering turd who wants to drag our country into war with his. I doubt Obama could do anything to defuse the man anyway

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I wonder if Obama will be in New York the same time Achmadinijad will be speaking at the UN?

???

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
Don't you think obama, you should put Netanyahu's mind at-ease with a little pep talk?
OH,,,, I see,,,,,

The president will chat with the "Late Show" host during a trip to New York City next week, according to the National Journal. Letterman's nightly monologues mostly spare the president from satirical ribbing, saving his most cutting remarks for the Romneys ... or even former President George W. Bush.

www.breitbart.com...
Go ahead and talk to your Crony and ignore a lite powder keg that needs you to blow out the fuse!
MORON!

You are and forever will be one of my favorites on ATS because I respect your opinion. However, here we disagree. It's unfortunate that a politician would put anything but politics before politics
With that being said, I personally could careless about the dealings of Israel. Is this Un-American of me...sure, some may think so...however, I do not. I have run out of patience when it comes to the dealings of foreign affairs and where "our" money is going and what for...it all seems senseless to me when our children are not being properly educated, but that's another story all together.

There are too many people struggling here in the US to be worried about what the heck Netanyahu thinks of the US and what we will do for them. I say, if an American leader has an opportunity to make a couple of us laugh instead of worry...then go for it

With all due respect Guohua...I still love you much my friend

ETA
Uuuggghhh...anytime I see Briebert/Bart name connected to a story it gives me the chills

edit on 9/11/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I have that Belief in people's goodness that they always have a good reason for things. Gets me in trouble sometimes.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
OH,,,, I see,,,,,

www.breitbart.com...
MORON!

A "Pep Talk" ain't gonna get them outta "THEIR MESS"...only they can liberate themselves. However, remember, it takes two to TANGO

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Is this Un-American of me..

No it's Not My Friend,,,,, ( by the why we're back in China )
I respect your opinion very much too, but, I have to disagree.
The POTUS needs to do his JOB and at-least talk to the Prime Minister.
Netanyahu will now feel as we put it, Lose Face,,, we'll be embarrassed.
Obama as made a mistake.

Monday, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told Bloomberg Radio, when asked about setting “red lines” to prevent an Iranian nuclear weapon: “We’re not setting deadlines…[W]e have more time…to do everything we can to bring Iran to a good faith negotiation.” Incredibly, Team Obama still believes that there is a chance that, Holocaust-denier, genocide-promoter and the man who claims that 9/11 was an ‘inside job,’ Ahmadinejad will enter into “good faith” negotiations with the United States.

History has another name for such delusional diplomacy – appeasement.

www.foxnews.com...

My friend, there is a reason, Putin and Hu Jintao wants Obama reelected, They know how weak and inexperienced he is.

edit on 11-9-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I don't understand why Letterman doesn't invite Netanyahu too ?

What a show That would be

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I'd be ready with my popcorn and a pickle for that one

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Wow in order to diffuse the situation and save millions of lives by preventing the middle east from erupting in war but hes to busy?? My god what have we done i knew he had no foreign policy but this goes to all new levels.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
My fear is that Netanyahu will say, "Ok, Mr Big Shot, you don't want to even talk to us? Ok, I get it, we're alone in all this. It's just us against the entire Muslim world? Well, now that we've got no choice, just guess what we're going to do. You got it, baby. What are you going to do when China and Russia start throwing theirs around too, Mr. Big Shot? And what happens when the cameramen at all your hoity-toity appearances start dropping from the fallout?"

Certainly not my hope, but you don't want to back anybody into a corner.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You know you're right,,,,,
This should be the shirt Netanyahu starts wearing,,,, immediately!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join