It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Announces a Letterman Show the Same Day He Blows Off Netanyahu

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
My fear is that Netanyahu will say, "Ok, Mr Big Shot, you don't want to even talk to us? Ok, I get it, we're alone in all this. It's just us against the entire Muslim world? Well, now that we've got no choice, just guess what we're going to do. You got it, baby. What are you going to do when China and Russia start throwing theirs around too, Mr. Big Shot? And what happens when the cameramen at all your hoity-toity appearances start dropping from the fallout?"

Certainly not my hope, but you don't want to back anybody into a corner.

Your probably not far off to destroy there hardened nuclear facilities without US help theyll probably decide nuclear is the way to go.At this point they have nothing to loose they just realized there allies will let them fall. Without US support there going to have to hit Iran so hard to make the rest of the countries around them not even want to incur there wrath. Israel will literally have to destroy that country and they have the means to do it.Here we go again every time the US starts to isolate its self from foreign policy we end up in a world war.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Why's it up to any American president to talk to anyone or put a stop to anything unless it happens in the US or one of the territories held by the US?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If Obama was talking to the Pm, I think ALOT of you would be screaming he's plotting for war. He's not talking to the Pm and he's being bashed. It's a no win whatever this guy tries with some people.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
My fear is that Netanyahu will say, "Ok, Mr Big Shot, you don't want to even talk to us? Ok, I get it, we're alone in all this. It's just us against the entire Muslim world? Well, now that we've got no choice, just guess what we're going to do. You got it, baby. What are you going to do when China and Russia start throwing theirs around too, Mr. Big Shot? And what happens when the cameramen at all your hoity-toity appearances start dropping from the fallout?"

Certainly not my hope, but you don't want to back anybody into a corner.

It does not matter what Obama does. NOTHING will ever ever ever appease that bastard Netanyahu. NOTHING!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
What I take issue with is that he could just come out and say "No, I do not think it would be good to meet at this time." instead he makes a lame excuse, in other words - he lied.

This is the Israeli take on the story:

www.omantribune.com...

The Israeli official said they had asked for a meeting with Obama. “So far the response has been that Obama’s very tight schedule does not allow such a meeting,” he said.

The White House on Tuesday denied President Barack Obama had refused a request to meet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in New York this month, saying their schedules do not coincide.

In the OP the Adminstration claims:

Vietor said: "I don't have a final schedule for the President for that whole week."

Doesn't have a final schedule, but it is so tight he can't see Netanyahu. That is what I call a lame excuse. Is the truth so foreign that it can't be spoken? People don't like being lied to if you hadn't noticed.

The situation is a tinder box waiting for a match. Excuse me, if I think the POTUS might want to earn his Peace Prize and try a little bit of diplomacy with Netanyahu. Iran just announced a new cruise missile that has the capability of reaching any city in Israel.

The cruise missile will also be capable of hitting targets as far away as the vital American military base at Diego Garcia, described by the U.S. military as the ‘tip of the spear’ for U.S. military operations in the Persian Gulf, with lies 2,400 miles from Iran.

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

Obama's snub of the Israeli Prime Minister could be the match to light the fire.

I am no arm-chair war analyzer. I just think you lie to people, you make an enemies.

We may not be involved in the first strike of WW3, but I know we will get involved. God help us try and figure out who our allies are when it happens.

Egypt and Iran are getting cozy: "Egyptian-Iranian intelligence meeting prompts fears of a new Middle East terror axis."
freebeacon.com...

Just look at the anti-American protests/riots in Egypt, Indonesia, and an American is reported killed today in the in the US consulate attack in Libya.

The U.S. does not need to be pi$$ing anyone off. Don't forget we are perceived to be the Great Satan.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
If Obama was talking to the Pm, I think ALOT of you would be screaming he's plotting for war. He's not talking to the Pm and he's being bashed. It's a no win whatever this guy tries with some people.

Like the President just couldn't say: "We are trying to diffuse a war here."

sad eyed lady

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

You know...I'm not a fan of war, as a matter of fact I'm sure you're not either. I know the OP doesn't directly correlate this thread to terms of war. However, I feel that playing to the interest of Israel at this time in history, is just what the world is waiting for. I guess I see it as a flip of the coin for America...damed if you do, damed if you don't.

I personally, am so tired of answering to other nations when they feel it's "Time to Strike" at the expense of the global population, it simply is never the answer to me. It's so pointless IMVHO as it accomplishes nothing. I know...I know....what about helping others, right? Well sure, we should help others...but we should not be helping others promote any type of war...period. I am so against war, I can not even begin to start on such a topic.

In response to the OP however, I would much rather be enriched with humor. This doesn't mean I'm wearing my Kentucky Derby Horse Blinders whatsoever...it just means, that I personally am sick and tired of everyone fighting simply to kill each other! For what? How are we to enrich humanity if all we do is tear it down. Be it in Israel, Pakistan, Palestine, Syria, Egypt, The Congo or anywhere else. War brings nothing...offers nothing but terror and death. There is no resolution in war but death. It's pointless and always will be in my opinion and to add insult to injury, it's ignorance at its best. As the saying goes "Ignorance Is Bliss".

War will be humanity's downfall if we don't put a stop to it. It's not nation building when you tear a nation down...it's not nation building when you murder innocent humans...it's not national building when you destroy the lives of others. War is not Democracy nor freedom...war is the very opposite of what we should be standing up for...fear and terror at the cost of innocent lives...I'll pass.

IMHO, We need to enrich the lives of others globally not introduce or produce destruction and terror. One way to achieve this goal IMVHO, is to ignore the request for war from other Nations no matter who the "Supposed Ally" is, including Israel.

ETA
I thank you for bringing such an important argument to think on. Everyone needs to consider what we're considering
Really...WAR, that's a scary scary word my friend and there's nothing friendly about that. I have travelled the world and have seen, talked to people in many many places throughout and the populace does NOT want war anywhere in the world on planet Earth...they want peace. I want peace...I know you want peace too. How will we ever get peace if all we do is take sides and start killing? Killing in the name of what..who..where...when. Not in my terms of peace, not in my name (I never gave approval for that crap), because peace means to be content...happy. You can't be content nor happy when tons of TNT are falling above your head...it's ridiculousness at its best.
edit on 9/12/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
Excuse me but this actually IMPROVES my opinion of Obama. I imagine he has had that appointment for the Letterman Show quite some time. Sorry, but screw Israel and screw Netanyahu. I wonder what he has to talk about? Bombing Iran? What else??

I'm actually happy that Obama blew off that prick Netanyahu.

Yup. If Netanyahu wants to speak to Obama, he could always do a joint appearance.

Dave would get quite the scoop. The Letterman interview likely has been scheduled for months.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
We have a secretary of state for a reason, his/her job is to meet with peons like Netanyahu. Our President should tell Israel if you attack Iran without 100% proof, don't expect us to save your butt or continue to send you aid. That is the price you pay if you jump the gun.

I know, wishful thinking on my part.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo007
We have a secretary of state for a reason, his/her job is to meet with peons like Netanyahu. Our President should tell Israel if you attack Iran without 100% proof, don't expect us to save your butt or continue to send you aid. That is the price you pay if you jump the gun.

I know, wishful thinking on my part.

I overstand your statement, but to add a little color to it, how about we just say NO...no more damed WARS

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Obama is a piece of # regardless of whether he meets with Netanyahu or goes on Letterman or not.

If he was on the side of the road burning I wouldn't waste my piss to put him out.

He is a disgrace to the office of president and it seems he doesn't care about foreign relations or meeting with foreign leaders unless its to bow to them or support the Muslim Brotherhood in one of their "pro democracy" coups.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Am I supposed to care that Obama doesn't want to talk to him? What is it as soon as Israel demands a sit down our President needs to bow knee?

STOP WORSHIPING ISRAEL! Did you ever think that maybe with the election so close that the President might actually be kinda busy? Just stop everything because Israel wants to talk? Put the election on hold!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hey there's this new invention out now called a TELEPHONE!!!!! It's an amazing device that allows two people, (or more with a party line) to talk to eachother over long distances. Infact it's been reported that Obama and Blowtanyahu regulary spend hours talking to eachother using this amazing new device.

Crazy story i know but i believe there's some truth to it. Makes the need for a face to face blow fest infront of the camera's alot less important in my opinion. But apparently alot of you need to see these to men face to face, holding eachother's hand's to give ya'll a sense of security. Sad really but if it will make you feel better then by all means continue the rant.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
I believe Obama is taking a stand against more war. We are not in the financial or military position to support anyone's war. I am pro Israel , so the snub was harsh, but we need to take care of us before worrying about everyone else atm.! Because if we collapse we will not be able to help anyone in any way.

So rather than discuss the situation with a head of state much better to blow him off. No time for politics I need to be on TV! Didn't Obama recently criticize Romney for not knowing how to deal with foreign officials? Wow is about all that can be said.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
Excuse Me,,,,,,Obama who's more important,,, Letterman or Netanyahu?
I mean,,,, who could start a nasty war?
Don't you think obama, you should put Netanyahu's mind at-ease with a little pep talk?
OH,,,, I see,,,,,

Go ahead and talk to your Crony and ignore a lite powder keg that needs you to blow out the fuse!
MORON!

Letterman is more important. If Netanyahu wants to go start a war let him. I am so sick of people in this country thinking we should be kowtowing before Israel. They want to rattle their sabers I say let them, and let us stay out of it. Everyone knows they are nothing more than our toadie anyway, let them go prove otherwise.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I couldn't agree more with you,,,,,, Here is a new ad out today I think.
Some body is finally asking the right question, is this Your Democratic Party?

NEW AD ASKS JEWISH VOTERS: 'Is this still your Democratic Party?'

A new advertisement scheduled to run in Florida makes the case that President Obama has pushed the Democratic Party to embrace anti-Israel policies, according to a copy of the ad obtained by the Free Beacon.

Following footage of DNC delegates vociferously booing the pro-Israel declaration, the ad reminds viewers in the critical swing state that the Obama administration has on multiple occasions refused to state that Jerusalem is Israel’s capital.

freebeacon.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Wait a minute. I am now officially, completely lost. ATS has spent months trying to teach me that WE were ISRAEL's toadies. Am I reading things wrong? But, what about the "Jewish bankers," and "Zionist control of the media," and "AIPAC," that I keep hearing about?

Straighten me out, please, or I'll have to redraw my global conspiracy chart.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

It is a sick complicated codependent relationship. As far as the us being Israel's toadie, I just don't see it that way. Well at least not currently, now if it were a Republican in office absolutely. But that is just my opinion, I don't buy into most of the conspiracy theory nonsense, I mean really how am I supposed to believe that a bunch of people that can't walk and chew gum at the same time manage to control every facet of the world stage?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Dear KeliOnyx,

Thanks for straightening me out. I know I'm Mr. Confusion, but that only means I get confused more readily than others. I'm delighted to see that you don't give much credence to global conspiracies. (At least those run by men, cue the Twilight Zone music.) For me, they either become contradictory or so tangled that they make no sense.

I think Obama is spurning Netanyahu because he made Obama look bad, and our President is famous for not tolerating that at all. Couple that with Netanyahu's belief that he'll be living on glass soon, which would make any human panicky and forgetful of the niceities of diplomacy.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
Obama is a piece of # regardless of whether he meets with Netanyahu or goes on Letterman or not.

If he was on the side of the road burning I wouldn't waste my piss to put him out.

He is a disgrace to the office of president and it seems he doesn't care about foreign relations or meeting with foreign leaders unless its to bow to them or support the Muslim Brotherhood in one of their "pro democracy" coups.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

Obama doesn't care about Americans or America,,,, He only cares about the next 4 years of Bring America to it's knees as a third world nation.
After every thing that has occurred,,, Obama is an Apologetic P. O. S. looking for that $10. Donation and Vote from the Uniformed,,,,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join