It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'White Privilege’? Portland Principal Claims PB&J Sandwiches Could Hold Racist Connotations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
You've got to laugh at this political correctness - or else you might cry.

At my kids school, which happens to be 90%+ white, you never see common "American" names used in word problems. You should see my children struggling to read questions like "If Muddaththir put six jellybeans in a bowl and Heriberto put seven more jellybeans in how many beans were in the bowl?"

I'd love to see a 'Jack' or 'Karen' thrown in there from time to time ... am I a racist?
edit on 9/12/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This is just stupid on so many levels.

Political Correctness is consuming America, and the Morons are leading the charge.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
That had to of been the dumbest S### I've ever read... No offense to you OP, in fact thanks for posting. But, the subject matter at hand has to be the stupidest thing on ATS right now. Racist sandwiches? This guy needs to climb off his high-horse and ACTUALLY do something to help kids.

I've never liked Portland, in-fact I cannot stand the place!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

One of these days people will be so hungry they will wish
they had a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich.

I like peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches with a cold,glass
of milk.I even make my own jellies,jams and preserves.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
haven't read all replies but didn't a black man invent peanut butter?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
WHITE bread.. now THATS racist! Im sure some here will get that reference...

My mom used to make me WHITE bread sammiches which Im sure stemmed from white envy, but I hated the BROWN crust ( the racist that I am.. since I am reddish brown .. that all important distinction) so she would use a cookie cutter and my sammiches packed in my lunches were neat shapes.. that invariably got me teased. I also ate pitted dates.. and the kids used to say I was eating roaches with sugar on them. Culturally we dont drink milk. I never drank milk and the girls teased me and said Id never grow boobies.. as if. I went to my class reunion and I was nice and physically fit.. with boobs.... and I wont mention what gravity did to my non date eating milk sucking classmates.

True story.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I wish this idiot and all idiots like them would just shut up. It is far past ridiculous now. WE ARE IN AMERICA. AMERICANS EAT PB&J. Get over it. If I were being educated in China I would expect to hear analogies to to types of food consumed in China. I would find it absurd to expect them to change everything because of my nationality.
Stupidity is a stupidity does. This administrator has no business in education.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Food is food, there is nothing racial about it...

Why people like the principle choose to open a riddiculous can of worms is unkown to me.

What about caucasians of different ethnicities?...or do they not apply?

I'm German American and have yet to eat brats or saurkraut for school lunches....deep down I feel emotionally scarred...for life.

edit on 12-9-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Kat, atleast you're not open to the KRAFT DINNER conspiracy, where fake italians in north america are accused of heresy for bringing cheesy noodles!
Those bastard corrupted millions of kraft dinner users!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
RACIST!

I thought this was going to be something about a black guy inventing peanut butter. This is worse. Much worse. You really have to wonder how obsessed with race a person really is when they make sandwiches into bad guys. Pizza is soon to follow.

At first they came for the sandwiches and I said nothing.

Then they came for the pizza and I said nothing.

Then they came for the chicken nuggets and I still said nothing.

When they came for the falafel there were no foods to stand up for it.

Or something. Must we accommodate everyone all the time with everything? If you live in America you know what a damn sandwich is and you've tried one. I don't care if you're a Somalian or Mexican or some obscure thing I haven't heard of.

Meh...seems like a reasonable deal. At least, if i understand it correctly to be that she just wants teachers to consider being more inclusive of other cultures when speaking with metaphors.

I'm pretty sure that's all she was saying and it just sort of got blown out of proportion. I just felt like getting riled up.
edit on 11-9-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

You GO,cat!
I'd back that up a notch. When 'they' came for the half cream cheese and prefab
REAL bacon bits folded into a giant hot dog in a French footlong, I took the butterfly
net like a nonhuman... but faux Philly foaming at the mouth. Scared 'em good because
I was kicking and grunting the whole time. I'm not Belgian, I had my ears surgically
flopped right after birth in order to fit in. It might have hurt plenty, but I can't remember.
Probably something to bring up with Dr. SoSeussMe before starting the regress therapy.
On the other hand, what's a poor half-German and quarter Swede/Welsh Ashkenozzle
immigrant rabbit kitten to do? I swear, Domo, what some of these reeducators are
washing their kibble down with lately needs extensive chemical analysis-- for more
than just specific gravity too. This post indeed cautions one to the result of educational
inbreeding, or maybe just scholastic nepotism. When I hear the "We know better"
authority figure mantra: my money's on the kid's common sense every time. they have MORE.
I need my occasional artificial meat and undead bread, and some really high-pressure
lubricant to choke it down. If it makes me a dangerous non-conformist FINE: come get some.
Besides and for multipurpose in your bugout bag, there's still no better antirust agent
ever created than "I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Axle-Grease!" for gun metals. Whatever heavily
hydrolized, nicely concealed SALT in the rock hard high velocity fatback will also add the
sensation of "Big Mistake" to their politically correct punctured posterei, when I defend to
the death your right to spray it. Greasy slow burn, baby. Brak I tell you, brAAAAk.
Let's go grin one for the Ol' Kipper. O my God a brand new midday monster,
the King Oscar Mayer double decker on pumpernickel!!! Too bad about the Smith-Leahy:
I woulda been rich patenting THAT irresistable cat bait.
I must be a sodium overload nazi. "Nothing to see here... he just simply self-combusted."
And hopefully like yourself, I eagerly await the morning to quickly string my bacon bolos
around my stumpy unattractive neck and hopalong the hill to the sound of the guns. The
final war for humanity's snacks will label the real patriots as anti-semitic pig pushers---
mark my words. I hereby volunteer to be the sacrifical hambone. Blob help us one and all.
And I don't care what anybody else says, my friend:
that shade of lipstick does NOT make you look cheap.
But maybe I'll just have a half-an-afel, gotta watch my girlish figure

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

LMAO,

Lets talk about Papa Johns Pizza, I believe "Papa John"....or aka " Vater Johan Schnatter" has been duping the public as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi
Can I get a "YAY!!!!!!" for public education, idiots teaching more to be idiots.

This made me giggle until I realized how very sad it is..We are dooooooooooooooomed!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ok this is truley one of the most absurd topics taking place in any school ever....people have severe mental issues or way to much time on their hands to to even try to make this subject a valid point......and everyone here in america wonders whats wrong with it's own educational system......well here you go ladies and gentlemen heres a good example right here as to whats wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am still confused as to why a PB&J is being considered racist.

As I see it a PB&J can be used as an a example to intermesh all races.

Americans are the bread
Asians are cherry jelly
Africans are blackberry jelly
Indians are grape jelly
Spanish are marmalade

Ooops now I get it. No one wants to be considered mamalade jelly. I guess we should just let the spanish be strawberry jelly if that is what the problem is all about.

edit on 12-9-2012 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Flag and star for SURE. The reason is simple, if it didn't get pushed immediately
into the Political Madness forum there's a reason. I can't see it.
The destructor in question needs to have that individual's diploma revoked for
starters, and the whole Board of Education randomly drug tested... often. This
is so far over the top I wrote a somewhat pointed reply to Domo's nice adaptation
of the German minister's lament. It is so adaptable to everything wrong on this
slab of dirt lately... and we need to take it back and call it OUR America, not theirs.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
wow that is F N retarded.

Wow, I thought the dumb could not go dumber without them dying. What the hell. You could also not speak in English, and instead speak through mimes so no one gets offended that an English speaking person in his English speaking country speaks in English.

Oh, and it is racist to imply that it is racist. What are they brain dead? They can't just assume it's a freaking sandwich and that Americans eat it? It is like saying they are not capable of understanding the concept.
How is that even a race issue. If anything it is a cultural issue. Thinking that only white people are American and that a black "Somali" or whatever would not get it is racist to the Somali Americans or what have you.

Oregon needs to find their balls. They really have become hippie trash stuck in a toilet bowl of mental diarrhea. Cali too.

wow

edit on 12-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
WHITE bread.. now THATS racist!

Actually just gross. I can't eat that crap. My bread has to be made from grains. So what would the alternative be? Send Jimmy to school with samosas and burritos? Don't get me wrong, I like both of those but dictating sandwiches can't be eaten because it's racist is beyond the ridiculous. Does this apply to subs too?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
reply to post by HamrHeed

LMAO,

Lets talk about Papa Johns Pizza, I believe "Papa John"....or aka " Vater Johan Schnatter" has been duping the public as well.

They're like superheroes! They have aliases. It's impressive

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Actually it was the Incas who first made peanuts into a paste. Later Dr. Harvey Kellogg began experimenting with it as a protein alternative and fed it to sanitarium patients.....then Carver came along and tweaked the recipe.
edit on 12-9-2012 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Well white kids don't eat burritos or tacos, or Asian food or watermelon ............. do they?Obviously then, non white kids do not eat sandwiches. Imagine seeing an African or an Asian eating a sandwich.How weird, even unsettling.It simply doesn't happen.in respectable neighbourhoods

PBJ is the new N-word and is ambrosia for racists.I'm boycotting peanuts, bread, and fruit preserves
edit on 12-9-2012 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join