It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Underwater: GDP = $15.606T; Debt = $16.046T

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

Did you read that entire post? I did, and I think you either didn't read through or misinterpreted it. I believe he was illustrating how the system currently works. He wasn't as far as I can tell, endorsing it.He was trying to explain how the game is rigged to go on ad infinitum, by those at the top for those at the top.

Until we dismantle the current system, we are caught in a loop whereby we will never run out of dollars, but will have to work increasingly hard for each one, as your dollar is continuously devalued by new issuance which has to occur to pay off the previous issuance.

The only way we could run out would be if the Fed denied the government any more cash. The Fed wouldn't do that, because it would render the government as bona fide de facto and de jure, bankrupt, for all to see. What then? Chaos, mayhem and suddenly the Fed loses it's prime position at the head of operations and has to restructure the entire nation............. naaaaahhhhh.Much easier to just take some of their silly little bonds and give them some more monopoly money.

Just had an interesting thought.......... what would happen if you tried to play a game of Monopoly with a fractional reserve type banker. I wonder how long it would take before the banker owns everything.
edit on 13-9-2012 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

Thanks for responding.

1. Please explain to me and to the other readers why Japan currently does not have inflationary problems.

2. Plese explain to me and to the other readers why the US did not go into an inflationary spiral after the first and second QE programs (the dollar has, as we all know, steadily devalued since the day the FED was created, but the speed at which it devalues did not increase in proportion to the fantastic amount of money that was injected into the bank accounts of all the banks that received the bailouts).

There's a very important lesson about inflation to be learned there: it is wrong to say that ALL money that is created from thin air is inflationary. It CAN be inflationary.

edit on 14-9-2012 by mauricio because: Clarification of question 2 (added "the dollar...bailouts").

edit on 14-9-2012 by mauricio because: Spelling (accouns > accounts)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join