It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time stoped for 5 seconds everything paused

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I was siting on a bench i was looking at the road people were walking lots of people on the road and sudenly what i see is everything paused for some seconds like 5 seconds like someone paused a movie for 5 second and then play it from same point,and yes this may sound funny once i had a choclate it had four pieces well i opened it i saw four pieces okay then when i look again in my hands 3 pieces were gone i was just gonna take one piece from it and one piece was left and i didnt eat any choclate i got scared and kept that choclate on the table away.I think some time traveller is messing with me i feel my memory may have been erased please any idea please tell me i will be very thankful.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
[SNIP].

Time didnt stop, more than likely is a know time illusion wherby when your eyes move from one point to another (a saccade), your perception of time stretches slightly.This happens every time our eyes move from one fixation point to the next. or another explanation is that our brains are filling in the gap while our eyes move from looking at one thing to the next.

Time hasnt stopped, is not going to stop, so relax and have some more chocolate.
edit on 10-9-2012 by burdman30ott6 because: Removed illicit substance reference

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by karam
I was siting on a bench i was looking at the road people were walking lots of people on the road and sudenly what i see is everything paused for some seconds like 5 seconds like someone paused a movie for 5 second and then play it from same point,and yes this may sound funny once i had a choclate it had four pieces well i opened it i saw four pieces okay then when i look again in my hands 3 pieces were gone i was just gonna take one piece from it and one piece was left and i didnt eat any choclate i got scared and kept that choclate on the table away.I think some time traveller is messing with me i feel my memory may have been erased please any idea please tell me i will be very thankful.

THats what you get for spending your weekend reading and posting in the two most annoying threads posted in the past few days... You know what I'm talking about... I won't post links to them to protect people from clicking on them...
edit on 9/9/12 by 35Foxtrot because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
hehe thanks for answer i was hoping for some supernatural answer mind plays games i know but it never hapened again it was not my mind playing tricks for sure
,dude u didnt stole my chocalate man did you?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Oh. I forgot to mention... Your girlfriend is cheating on you.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

hehe thanks for answer i was hoping for some supernatural answer mind plays games i know but it never hapened again it was not my mind playing tricks for sure
,dude u didnt stole my chocalate man did you?

No. No!

You're not supposed to calmly reply to me. At this point in the thread you're supposed to either get pissed off at me or tell me you'll provide proof in a few days!

Geeez...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

i dont have gf but i think the person who stole my chocalte was a girl
for sure,she speaks in my head, choclate doesnt disapear in air.she probably stole it,your avatar says some thing what is the plan by the way?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Maybe your allergic to chocolate and for some strange reason you don't know about it....It could be a conspiracy

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
How do you know the world paused? Maybe you sped up and the world remained normal.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

i dont have gf but i think the person who stole my chocalte was a girl
for sure,she speaks in my head, choclate doesnt disapear in air.she probably stole it,your avatar says some thing what is the plan by the way?

It was posted in an HQ. Part of a kind of situational awareness training, basically.

Oh, I forgot. S & F!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

how can i speed up man have u experienced the same?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

thats kool

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I've had my share of weird experiences before so I won't be the one to say your lying. I've seen time skip, speed up but never stop or slow down. I guess when I played football I was able to slow things down in my mind, to help me run the ball better, but that was just my perception at the time. reality is a cloaked whore - it ain't what it seems.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
What you experienced is a normal ability we all have but cant produce willing. It occurs during a crisis and happens when we are afraid. Haven you seen someone tear off a car door just to save a trapped relative because i have.

Same thing as someone running to save someone in danger.
Runs the distance of a street block in less than 20 seconds.
now damm thats fast.
edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by karam

Funny. Exactly the same thing happened in an episode of Star Trek Next Generation I watched recently!

In the episode it was caused by temporal distortion from the explosion of a Romulan war bird engine which is run by an artificial quantum singularity. So what obviously happened to you is the result of a passing Romulan spacecraft exploding just above earths atmosphere exactly above where you happened to be sitting. Proof positive that we are not alone in the universe. (Or proof you are a Star Trek fan) One or the other.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
wow shamatt

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by karam

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I had somewhat of a similar experience back in 1998 when I was backpacking cross country.

I was sitting on a busy street corner in Seattle, Washington when all of a sudden it was if someone had switched the sound off on the entire street.

People were still walking around, cars were still driving by, but it was completely and totally silent.

From my perspective you could have heard a pin drop.

As I was adjusting to the sudden strange phenomena, I very clearly heard a voice in my head that said "Your stepfather has just had a heart attack". A few seconds later the sound returned to the street and it was slightly jarring how loud everything became all of a sudden.

Needless to say, I panicked and ran for the nearest payphone....(cell phones weren't very common back then and I couldn't have afforded one anyway) and tried to reach my parents. I was so shaken up I couldn't remember their phone number so I grabbed my backpack and started hitchhiking back to Texas to make sure he was alright.

Sure enough, by the time I made it to a friends house in Southern California I was calm enough to remember the phone number and called my mother, who confirmed that my stepfather had indeed suffered a heart attack on that day, about that time, but thankfully they gotten him to the hospital in time to save his life.

Needless to say, I've never been able to figure out exactly what happened regarding that phenomena that occurred in Seattle but I thought I'd relate this story to let you know you're not alone in having the inexplicable happen to you.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot
Oh. I forgot to mention... Your girlfriend is cheating on you.

Someone needs a good swat across their head.....

Edited, after my initial *grumble*:

I've seen similar. Like time was edited by some 2 bit drunken hack, and only for a few seconds. Watched a cat do that one night: he slowed down nearly mid air, and then took off like everything got sped up. Ive shaken my head when this sort of thing happens. I was SURE I was having some sort of mental moment... but then, my g/f was seeing similar, and also has been able to inform me that no, I am not acting weird (slowed speech, unusual actions, epileptic symptoms, etc).

edit on 10-9-2012 by wylekat because: *hic* Drunken postings!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

reply to post by SubAce

how can i speed up man have u experienced the same?

Go fast in a car have a blow out and you bring the car to safety on the side of the road, missing the other cars.
In the car everything seems to slowdown and you handle it all. From the outside it all looks normal to the onlooker.

Saw an experiment on the Science / Discovery channel of just this effect, it was cool it really does happen and can be measured.

So that said, look deep into my eyes where is your Chocolate. Muhahahahahaha yummmss ( Secondary Diabetes & Calcium Oxalate Kidney stones so have to get my chocolate vicariously )

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join