It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Christians really want to Start World War 3?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Its not just fleshy temptations though, its something far more evil and destructive, something that's so far perverted from the natural that its almost incomprehensible in its scope and malignancy, unless you are spiritually discerned which quite frankly without the holy spirit is impossible to be, but its not too far from perception, its hard to fight an enemy that you know almost nothing about it isn't it. Then again its something we all can see, but must choose to deny because of the lies. The apathy is at a point where people cant even see what's right in front of their face, because they refuse to seek the truth.

The deceivableness of unrighteousness.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
edit on 9-9-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

A lot of atrocities have been committed because of men and women afraid of not having control over what seems to be little more than a chaotic world in which you must eat if you don't want to be eaten.

People believing they have any control over their own lives is an illusion. We are still living in the feudal system, it just got a facelift. Still the same 12 families in control now that were in control for the last 1500 years and they even kept the same family names. The 1% and their 99% peasantry and that widening gap between the rich and the poor will get even wider as the middle class (merchant class) disappears. It's like being in the Matrix, you wake up and think you got out, only to find out later you're still in it, the scene just changed, a dream within a dream.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnarchist
reply to post by sonia74

God has been stuck in a facepalm posture for about 2,000 years now lol.

Isn't it ironic that the philosophies designed to "save" us are the ones that are going to be the death of us all?

F#ck religion.
- that's my opinion on the matter.

Philosophy is part of the problem in that it makes great talk and interesting conversations but does absolutely nothing to really benefit you. Just one more type of watercooler chat and scuttlebutt.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

1. In the minds of most christians, it all revolves around the modern day state of Israel, who they imagine is the restored biblical Israel. Israel has major prophetic significance. When the state was established in 1948, Christians saw it as a major prophetic milestone being passed and believed they had moved closer to the end times.

We moved into the end times 2000 years ago, Jesus had already said the last days had begun even then and 1948 was a major prophetic milestone. Israel's part to play will be that they get redeemed during Jacob's trouble, which is what they are bringing upon themselves right now as they try to reconquer the land God evicted them from because they had defiled the land with idolaltry and sex magic to the Queen of Heaven Ashtoreth (sungoddess) and her husband Ba'al or Hu'bal (moongod).

2. Another thing to consider is their (mis)understanding of theology. They have misinterpreted certain verses to conclude that they have to support Israel. It is for this reason that they ally themselves with Israel and they will cheer them on whenever they fight the Arab/Muslim forces.

Not quite correct, some interpret they have to support Israel. While i do not condone much of what the secular state does, i still must admit they have a part to play in God's plan even if i'm not a zionist. It's impossible to have an all jewish state anyways, without commiting genocide and Jesus would not support that. Modern "jews" are the children of the Pharisees (sadducee and essene sects no longer exist) and it is they who must repent and welcome Jesus back before he will return:

Mattew 23:31-39

31 “Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers’ guilt. 33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

Jesus Laments over Jerusalem

37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

So as we see the offer of salvation is still open, even for those jews who rejected him or their children today, all they have to do is welcome him back with a "blessed is he who comes in the name of____"

3. Since its all about Israel and the middle east, there is another key player in all of this- the muslims. They are to play the role of the "bad guys" in the christian view of the end times.

The christian expect end time events to play out like an action film.
They see themselves as the damsels in distress. The muslims are the bad guys. And after some fast paced, explosion laden action sequences..... the "hero" shows up, destroys all the bad guys and lifts the christians away to safety.

Muslim are part of the "bad guys", you follow after a murderer who had nothing in him from Messiah Jesus, a man born of fire, blood, war and death who slaughtered christians who refused to bow down to him and accept him over Christ. You also follow after a nameless moongod whom Muhammad struck the name from and called Allah and he did claim to be Allah's partner to be worshipped as if he were Messiah.

We know Jesus was worshipped many times, but Muhammad? I'd say right now that muslims and jews are in the same boat with many people who claim to be christians that condone what either of the former 2 do to eachother and the rest of the world. People need to take a step back and see the bigger picture.
edit on 9-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In a nutshell, no. Christian doctrine does not teach this, like Islam does. This is why I dislike Islam. And Judaism to a large extent. But Christianity is not based on the Old Testament, but rather the New Testament and the teachings of Jesus. Whether or not you or I believe in those teachings is irrelevant, as that is what Christianity teaches to its followers.

I firmly dislike Bush, but I have a hard time believing he would have said this. But then again, he seems like a blind follower type, so if he was being influenced by people who misinterpret the New Testament, I could see how he might have said something along those lines.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

"The Christians haven't figured out that when one goes to heaven, as in Revelations, you are dead."
Actually, its YOU who hasn't figured out that the church will be raptured alive into heaven. LOL. Want to try again?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Strike me pink! Which lunatic asylum did you just wander out of?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yes, they do. Religion is inherently evil and the most effective style of mind control. Bush claimed God told him to go to war with Iraq. They are one hundred percent mentally incompetent.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You also follow after a nameless moongod whom Muhammad struck the name from and called Allah and he did claim to be Allah's partner to be worshipped as if he were Messiah.

The person who made that video doesn't seem to realise that Surah 21:92- "Indeed this, your religion, is one religion, and I am your Lord, so worship Me." refers to God.. i.e- It is God who is speaking.

Quoting Surah 21:92 and claiming Mohammad called to be worshipped is like quoting Isaiah 45:22 and saying Isaiah called himself God and commanded people to look to him and be saved.

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
-Isaiah 45:22

edit on 10-9-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Muslim are part of the "bad guys", you follow after a murderer who had nothing in him from Messiah Jesus, a man born of fire, blood, war and death

I thought christians were fine with blood, war and death perpetrated upon pagans and idolaters. Sure its all in the old testament and all, but its still the same OT that you quote from whenever you need to prove or justify something.

who slaughtered christians who refused to bow down to him and accept him over Christ.

Now you are just making stuff up.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sonia74

To answer your question in a word: ABSOLUTELY.

Also, it is not just Christians that want this. It is all religions that are Abrahamic in origin.

I find this behavior to be petty, spiteful, intolerant, arrogant and most importantly hateful. They want this war so they can annihilate everything they hate in the world. Essentially they are abusing their own religion. All of the Abrahamic religions have a number of positive elements in their respective belief systems. Unfortunately, these positive elements are being used as a shield by maniacs to further their goals of annihilation.

The negative elements of these religions are the problem. The people that believe and interpret literally every word in their holy books as absolute truth are the problem. Take the Book of Revelations; it is not a prophecy. It was merely a text that was written during a time of major persecution of Christians. Its intent was to give Christians heart and hope to combat the adversity of the times. That book will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. I say this with great sadness. Billions of lives at stake because foolish people interpret things out of context or fail to understand what they are reading at all. Another example is the story of Noah and the Flood. That story is symbolic and a warning to civilizations of the dangers of flooding. In the early days of Civilization floods were one of the most catastrophic natural disasters a city could suffer. All of the crops, all of the livestock, most of the stores of provisions...GONE. Not to mention the loss of homes and human life. Yet, some folk believe that a man built an unsinkable super-ship and preserved life on earth as we know it. I wonder how he got the polar bears on that ship, much less a dodo bird.

The Talmud of Judaism(and all other rabbinical works) and the Hadith of Islam(and all other Islamic jurisprudence works) are a major problem. They are not the so called "Word of God". They are merely texts written by men to control people and stifle free interpretation of the "Holy Books". My point is this: The Abrahamic religions have become entirely corrupted by men. This corruption has, to a great extent, led to the current situation in the modern world.

It's funny: all of the Abrahamic religions promote peace, harmony, the spirit of cooperation, and so on. Yet, all three of them did not heed that message at the time of the religions founding. The adherents of Judaism happily killed every non-adherent they could find in their "Promised Land" so long ago(funny how the Ten Commandments did not apparently extend to the people inhabiting that area before the coming of the followers of Judaism). The adherents of Christianity in those early years would happily persecute and burn other sects of Christians that happened to have a different opinion on the nature of Jesus. I won't even go into how pagans were barbarously treated by the followers of do unto others as you would have be done unto you. The adherents of Islam made a fatal mistake at that religions founding: They did not discard their primitive cultural beliefs. Civilization was not very widespread in the Arabian Peninsula at that time. So, they incorporated into Islam their patriarchal tribal practices. Muhammad may have accomplished much beneficial changes in the world if he had abandoned all that cultural nonsense. In fact, all Abrahamic religions had the potential to improve mankind for the better. As we all can see that did not happen.

These people want another world war because they are xenophobic. They fear and hate what is different from them. They despise a pagan, goyim, or infidel merely for being one, no matter how great their accomplishments or how just they are in their dealings with other people. It has nothing at all to do with prophecy or religion even if the person has deluded oneself into believing so. The behavior of these warmongers is the ultimate example of a pathetic human being.

(OFF-TOPIC: Apparently there must be some kind of glitch in the ATS Current Member Picks sidebar. I found a link to this thread from a post created today. Yet, the link to this thread said it was only 3 days old. I don't mind being a thread necromancer. I am curious if other folk have happened to experience this "glitch"?)
edit on 3-11-2012 by My_Reality because: Age of thread ERROR!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by aardvark888
reply to post by MagnumOpus

"The Christians haven't figured out that when one goes to heaven, as in Revelations, you are dead."
Actually, its YOU who hasn't figured out that the church will be raptured alive into heaven. LOL. Want to try again? [/q

There is no rapture, it is part of the great decption and will cause many to fall away and then the man of sin will be revealed while the Chruch is still here on earth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join