It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians help me debunk these non sense atheistic beliefs about Genesis please

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ExNihilo

This reply will perhaps cause me problems with fellow Christians, but this is my take...

Nowhere in the New Testament, nor out of Jesus' mouth am I commanded or obliged to defend The Old Testament.
My task is to spread the good news of The New Testament. Perhaps you should ask those of Jewish Faith...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by AQuestion

Very good points your making, I do believe maybe the op is trolling, as I am not a believer, yet I am trying to take this conversation far more serious than he in his own thread.

Op, not trying to dog you out, or call you out, I am just curious as the meaning behind your evasive answers.

I asked for christians to debunk the atheist inconsistencies claim. Nothing more. Waiting to read the answers.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I as a nonbeliever would redily believeN if only we in modern times with understanding and reason, got even one thousandth the proof he supposedly bestowed upon man thousands of years ago. Seeing how he made me, he also knows he made me with a rational mind, not one that takes things on faith, as everytime in my life I have had faith, it was only ever rewarded with disapointment.

Dear inverslyproportional,

But he didn't talk to everyone for a reason. We call it free will. And he didn't control everyone for the same reason. We are here to prove who we are, not who he is. We don't have to prove ourselves to God, we have to defeat Satan, he says that we are selfish, prideful, hateful and many other things. Whether one believes in God or not, our real challenge is to prove we love one another, that is defined as the mind of Christ. Does it really matter if your English translation of the bible is not perfect or if it should have been a comma instead of a period? Prove that your life is about loving others and it will all work out. It is not a stupid trick question about guessing the proper way to spell God or Jesus' name or pronounce it in perfect Hebrew. It is about loving one another and you don't have to get all the details right, it is about knowing that everyone matters, even the jerks. That won't prove God exists to anyone, it is just the way it is.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant

This reply will perhaps cause me problems with fellow Christians, but this is my take...

Nowhere in the New Testament, nor out of Jesus' mouth am I commanded or obliged to defend The Old Testament.
My task is to spread the good news of The New Testament. Perhaps you should ask those of Jewish Faith...

They understand us so badly, they're telling us what to feel..................
bizarre

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Is ANYONE taking this thread seriously? ....No? Okay, just wanted to be clear.

I was wondering if I was the only one. Didn't want to assume, you know. Oh, and I'm not atheist, in case anyone wants to accuse me of it.

edit on 8-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

link   

As a Christian, yes you are obliged to defend the old testament. Everything in the new testament is in relation to the old. Messianic prophecies etc...

link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Just as evasive as the first few pages of the so-called "Word of God".

I like it, he makes valid points , that Christians eyes glaze over when asked how the absurd statements of just the first page alone make are not questioned, because they are afraid too, or somehow believe that it will be explained "Later".

link   

Originally posted by ExNihilo

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear ExNihilo,

If this is an experiment than violate the T&Cs, if sincerity is the greatest form of flattery, then insincerity is the greatest proof of fear, fear of the truth. Deny ignorance and have real conversations rather than just troll, this is not GLP.

i have the right to ask my fellow christians to debunk this stuff, if you don't want to contribute you can leave the thread.

Dear ExNihilo,

I doubt very much you are a fellow Christian, you may be a salami sandwich; but, you are far from sincere.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

You said nothing, try explaining what would convince you.

you shall not tempt me.

By The power of GREYSKULL! YE SHALL BE TEMPTED!

Genisis 99:23 clearly dictates all posts on websites named abovetopsecret.com in the year 2012 will be subject to judgement and ridicule!

Repent sinner lest ye be tempted by your own arrogance into the lowest pits of hell!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

As a Christian, yes you are obliged to defend the old testament. Everything in the new testament is in relation to the old. Messianic prophecies etc...

The work of God is to believe in the One He sent to die for my sins; that's it. The work of Christ is to spread the good news of the coming Kingdom. Like I said, that's my take...
edit on 9/8/2012 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Dear ExNihilo,

If this is an experiment than violate the T&Cs, if sincerity is the greatest form of flattery, then insincerity is the greatest proof of fear, fear of the truth. Deny ignorance and have real conversations rather than just troll, this is not GLP.

i have the right to ask my fellow christians to debunk this stuff, if you don't want to contribute you can leave the thread.

Dear ExNihilo,

I doubt very much you are a fellow Christian, you may be a salami sandwich; but, you are far from sincere.

Can you prove i am insincere ?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
God is a infinite being outside of time and space, therefore 'days' according to that understanding are meant to give people a clear understanding of timeline and what's going on. Psalm 90:4. IMO, Genesis is meant to be read as a parable --- which is quite common in the bible and not always meant to be taken as word for word fact, but rather to show God's infinite awesomeness.

Theistic evolution. Cool? Cool.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Very good points your making, I do believe maybe the op is trolling, as I am not a believer, yet I am trying to take this conversation far more serious than he in his own thread.

Op, not trying to dog you out, or call you out, I am just curious as the meaning behind your evasive answers.

I asked for christians to debunk the atheist inconsistencies claim. Nothing more. Waiting to read the answers.

But you haven't shown any atheist inconsistencies, you'll be waiting a while.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

But you haven't shown any atheist inconsistencies, you'll be waiting a while.

relativism really is an awesome concept

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by powerdrone

That doesn't tell us the nature of "God", though. I mean, I have a particular understanding of Source which leaves room for me to adjust my ideas as needed, but the Christian "God", according your post, isn't exactly clear as to its nature.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Dear rwfresh,

I looked at the number of posts you have made and the number of stars you have received. When you go to post it says, "You are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example to our newer members and make every post matter". The OP has chosen to ignore the T&Cs, is insincere and trolling. A quick review of his past posts will prove if he is being sincere. I asked him what could possibly prove that God existed to him and he did not respond; but, later claimed he was a Christian. Is the GLP?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Dear ExNihilo,

Yes I can; but, why ask such a question? You claim to be a believer, a believer in what? Be upfront, ask sincere questions, seek sincere answers or why bother? You started the thread, prove yourself, I only prove me on my threads.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

That's like putting the cake away until you've studied the recipe eternally. The cake has been baked. It's ready to eat. It's supposed to be eaten not thrown away.

Eat the cake? Or argue about the recipe.. The entire recipe is about how you are supposed to eat the cake. hahahaha.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Honestly, I'm not trying to be obstinate or dispassionate to your request. I only stated my belief in the matter, and mean no offense to any by it. I do realize however that others have different beliefs. Perhaps they can help you with this, for I am fairly illiterate on the Old Testament. The New Testament is my home, and I rarely leave it...

edit on 9/8/2012 by visualmiscreant because: typo

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I think OP set fire to both sides of the fence here. Was it an attempt to set Christians and nonbelievers against one another? Maybe.

Was it a ruse? Probably.

Was it ridiculous and a total waste of cyberspace? Definitely.

Let's not allow this thread to choke the air between faith and science. To discuss or argue with sincerity and passion is one thing; to throw bullcrap back and forth over nonsense is another thing entirely.

Can we agree on this?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join