It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Way to Many Political Threads I Want ATS Back!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yes lots of political conspiracy theories - but they didn't all just happen in the last few weeks did they, there has been a huge increase in political posts recently - the site will die if this continues, nobody likes watching Party Political Broadcasts and this is what is now happening on ATS

link   
All you can do is avoid. It's like a long reality show, out of four years, two are pre-election years, and one is a post election year, and one is leading into the pre-election years.

Drama and ratings......
Have to keep that mass media employed, keep the divisions/polarizings happening...

The reason you see so much US politics, compared to other countries, is because other countries announce their elections and have them finished, completely, in a couple of months.
Canada's last election was announced and over with in just five weeks.

There's only one political "madness" forum, only the US has this political madness....
And spends billions and billions of dollars for this madness....

link   
reply to post by bsalert

Unpartial is not affiliated with ATS in any shape or form.

It's actually probably not going to be up past the elections. It's just a testing ground for Stremor Corp's new Heuristic's Engine, Liquid Helium.

ATS and Unpartial are completely unrelated in every way. It was simply advertised here because Skeptic Overlord is an owner of ATS and he had an opportunity to advertise to a group of people who asked for what unpartial does for a long time.

Other than that, no affiliation.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I don't want politics on the front back and middles page of my favorite website (All day and all night) how boring will this site become - how long is left till the end of the US Elections? Way too long for this site - please take the politics elsewhere - the new ATS political site perhaps

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

WOW - that is a revelation, how that was mis-sold then, if you had asked me and I bet most other ops we thought it was part of ATS and an attempt to divert political nonsense from ATS itself one that was not working well enough, hence my THREAD / RANT - THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by bsalert

Originally posted by bsalert
Thanks for the ideas - But Why should I have too?

Because ATS is for EVERYONE, not just you, or people who believe as you do. You can customize your MyATS page AND the Recent Posts page and virtually screen out the political forums. Take some time, do some searches and figure out how. If it bothers you, DO something about it instead of complaining about it. You're looking to ATS to customize their site, just for you! That's ridiculous.

I think we'd like this site to go back to basics, for the politicos to float off elsewhere and for this site to concentrate on those things which made it great.

Take a trip on the waybackmachine, go see what was discussed here 10 years ago, politics didn't much come into it. And with that lack of politics it was a much less abrasive site, people kinda actually got on. Since then it got perverted into this grotesque parody of what it used to be, commercial decision, more people visit the site if US politics are allowed to flourish (even if that means that ATS contributors end up despising one another in the process), more visitors means more advertising revenue.

You can twist that into a whole huge narrative about how this site sold out, others have done that better than I ever could.
edit on 7-9-2012 by NorthernThird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

YES AND THIS IS MY ENTIRE POINT - LET ATS AVOID THIS AS WELL - WE ALL KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE SAID IS TRUE, SO WHY DO HAVE TO PAY LIP SERVICE TO THIS - LETS HAVE THE REAL STORIES - NOT THIS CONSTANT POLITICAL HANDBAGGING

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I don't want politics on the front back and middles page of my favorite website (All day and all night) how boring will this site become - how long is left till the end of the US Elections? Way too long for this site - please take the politics elsewhere - the new ATS political site perhaps

And because I don't want to have to look at some of the forums that hold no interest for me is precisely the reason I gave you the suggestion that I did about setting up your "MyATS" page to suit your interests etc.

As for the election stuff? Well the elections are held in November so that part of it will be here soon enough. But then you'll have to suffer the threads by the non-winning side calling the winner a cheater, satan on earth, tool of the NWO, the anti-christ...what ever they wish to call him. This will continue until the next election cycle when we start it all over again. LOL. Actually, SnowSpirit has it just about right.

As for your consternation over the current state of ATS as you see it, I'll have to go with what my father used to tell me "Either be part of the solution or remain part of the problem". For me, as to not be part of the problem I've come up with the "MyATS" page setup as the solution. Take it or leave it, but continuing to rant against what is not going to change (and it won't because politics in the US is a huge talking point for both sides) is running the risk of making someone who is otherwise intelligent start to look like a insolent child.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

The way I see it is that ATS is a gathering place where people can discuss their particular beliefs in whatever topic.

You have True-Believers, Debunkers, skeptics, etc, etc.

They all hang out in every forum. And as long as it is a civil discussion it can be a learning experiance. ATS is one of the places were all beliefs are actively encouraged and discussed. Politics included.

Most political websites lean one way or the other and the discussions are usually flame-fests.

I follow politics as I think that there are many conspiracies involved and must admit that even I am getting burned out with all the political overload.

But we must be patient, in two more months, things will start to slack off.

Then we'll start seeing more threads such as HAARP, UFO's, Ghosties, EQ, etc.

Stay Frosty

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Do you know what's happening in the US? An ELECTION! A major election. We're GOING to talk about it.

That's like going in the Aliens and UFO forums and complaining about too many Alien threads!

This is not America, and this site was founded on UFO conspiracies not politics.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Unpartial is not affiliated with ATS in any shape or form.

ATS and Unpartial are completely unrelated in every way. It was simply advertised here because Skeptic Overlord is an owner of ATS and he had an opportunity to advertise to a group of people who asked for what unpartial does for a long time. Other than that, no affiliation.

Bill Irvine is the CEO and visionary behind Stremor Corp.

www.stremor.com...

Unpartial is powered by Stremor.

Our CEO, Bill Irvine, is the former digital ad-agency Internet guru and social-content fanatic that makes most of what happens on the web site possible. For general conspiracy-related, Internet technology, user-generated content, and social media questions, Bill is your go-to person. bill(-at-)theabovenetwork.com

So except for the fact that Unpartial powered by Stremor has the same CEO that ATS has

Other than that, there is no affilliation whatsoever. No no.

edit on 7-9-2012 by BuckWilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

WOW - that is a revelation, how that was mis-sold then, if you had asked me and I bet most other ops we thought it was part of ATS and an attempt to divert political nonsense from ATS itself

If I remember correctly, Skeptic's latest words about Unpartial, were something like, Unpartial is merely a platform to display the potential of the technology behind it.

edit, I see that was already pointed out.
edit on 7-9-2012 by BuckWilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BuckWilder

the two platforms, or businesses are not affiliated.

I've owned two companies at the same time who had nothing to do with each other.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

US Elections 2012 - I Don't Care Who You Want Us To Vote For - TAKE IT ELSEWHERE !!!

I want my ATS BACK

Am I the only person who thinks there are far too many political adverts going on ATS at the moment, I've had enough! So Please give it a rest, take your political views elsewhere, do we really want to use this website to promote the views, thoughts and lies of politicians and there media promotion companies?

ATS - Can we ban these types of posts please ??? In the last few weeks they seem to have taken up 30-40% of the new topics or does it just seem that way? HELP I come here to escape all that political crap.

edit on 7-9-2012 by bsalert because: similar headline on another post

edit on 7-9-2012 by bsalert because: (no reason given)

This is downright funny! How can I say this?

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

The threads are just now getting cranked up...........

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by BuckWilder

the two platforms, or businesses are not affiliated.

I've owned two companies at the same time who had nothing to do with each other.

~Tenth

Except for having the same owner and revenue recipient and the cross advertising.

Come on now, don't insult people's intelligence.

I don't care about the affiliation, just don't lie about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

their is a political section for a REASON.
write to an ATS MOD acting in a vociferous manner to take down the politics forum then.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If politics is what ATS wants to talk about then that's what they're gonna talk about. The articles aren't being flagged because people don't want to talk about them. Clearly the majority of ATS patrons want it...
You're just gonna have to keep your britches on until this election year is over.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I totally agree with the OP and have been thinking about starting a thread up myself about this issue. Its getting absolutely ridicules the sheer amount of politics that is on here. The front page is usually completely crammed with stuff about American politics with just a tiny section here and there about UFOs and the paranormal.

Not only do I not want to hear about politics all the time on a conspiracy website but it's always bloody American politics which must be alienating a huge percentage of non-American members here who couldn't care less who the next president is or how Ron Paul is losing to Mitt Romney or whatever.

Iv'e been coming to this site for the best part of 10 years and it really has changed here so much that I am actively looking for new forums that solely deal with the kind of things this site used to. Conspiracies!!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

It's only going to get worse before it gets better. Presidential election and all... Do as a previous poster says and set up your "My ATS" section to only show the forums you want to see.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

This is a conspiracy site. Politics are conspiracies. I see you post mainly @ UFO's. What would your reaction be if someone complained about too many UFO threads?

Pot/kettle. But you're free to voice your complaints.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join