It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sylvia Browne

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
www.sylvia.org...

Okay, I saw Sylvia Browne on Montel Williams yesterday
(again). She got up and left the stage just at the end of
the show and rudely didn't wait for the audience to stop
clapping. (Heck ... they had just started to clap and she
jumped up and left.)

That got me thinking .... Sylvia Browne.
What do you guys think of her?

Real Psychic ... Useful Idiot of the Dark Forces ... Fraud ???

Four years ago she said that Bill Bradley would win the
presidency. Heck, he didn't survive the democrat primaries
let alone run for the office.

I saw her on Montel a few years ago answer a womans
question ... the woman adopted a daughter and took pictures
of the natural mother at the adoption. The pictures with the
natural mother didn't come out. She asked why. Syliva said
that the woman was evil and that pictures of people who have
evil in them don't develop. Oh really ??? Then why are there
pictures of Hitler, UBL, Saddam, etc. etc.

She never mentioned 9/11 before it happened. That's
big wouldn't you think? A major psychic missing the event
that dragged the world into WWIII.

So ... what do you think? I think she is a usefull idiot of the
dark forces. She is told things by the liar evil spirits, so that
some people will follow her and be lured into her religion
that she has invented. But I don't see her having a real
psychic gift from God.

Thoughts? Links that can talk me into thinking something else?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I used to believe some of the things she said, but she's just taking people for a ride and sucking up their jing.

She's got books out, she teaches classes, if you want a reading from her it's like 200 bucks or 400 i'm not quite sure..

She's a big fraud she was on Larry King once and she sucked.... You could tell she was nervous... big time...

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I have no idea if she is real or not.....but I do enjoying reading her books, I check them out from the library and while I'm skeptical, some of it gives me that feeling I get when I just "know" something as true.....it interesting reading at any rate.
Off to work..

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I used to believe some of the things she said, but she's just taking people for a ride and sucking up their jing.

She's got books out, she teaches classes, if you want a reading from her it's like 200 bucks or 400 i'm not quite sure..

LOL....that's exactly why O check them out from the Library !
I believe true gifts should not used for monetary gain!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
if you want a reading from her it's like 200 bucks or 400 i'm not quite sure..

HOLY SMOKES!! I think I'm in the wrong line of work!!

I could become 'psychic' to make that kind of money. How
hard could it be?

Making this kind of $$$ for a freely given gift from God that is
supposed to be helping people, or making this kind of $$$ for
faking a gift ... that's really bad karma!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
******????????????

CHHAAA- CHING !!

I WONER WHY MONTEL SHOWCASES HER SO OFTEN... ??

A hand in the 'COTTAGE INDUSTRY' pie ?? (BROWNE INC)

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'll play devil's advocate.........Why is it that people believe psychics should always be right??? They arent any more perfect than the rest. And if you think about all the variables that could influence the outcome of any situation, even an accuracy rate of say 70% is pretty impresive in some cases. Humans for example are pretty big variables. You can almost never predict how one will react to any given situation because of emotions / environment / upbringing etc. Especially one you have never met before.

I agree that there should never be an exchange of money for "a gift from the gods/god/goddess/whatever" but some believe they are doing us a favor in balancing out karma. Imagine if you saw the same psychic regularly and got information that benifited you. Some believe this would put you in a situation of karmic indebtedness to that individual and therefore it is appropriate to have some exchange of energies to repay the "psychic" in order to avoid karmic debt. It doesn't have to be money but isnt money just a physical representation of energy? We work, expend energy in whatever form and we are given money. Money = energy.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think I saw a bit of that Montel Show. Here is what I saw:

Phillipino man stands up and asks Sylvia a question about how his recently deceased mother is doing.

Sylvia looks very thoughtful for a few seconds and then asks this question with a straight face... "Your mother was a short woman wasn't she?"

I thought the guy seemed a little shocked that she'd make that statement, really how many six foot tall phillipino women do you know?

She also offers Cruises on Carnival I think. Can you imagine paying to be trapped at sea with that woman?

Fraud!

My opinion of course. Although maybe at one point she had the gift but used up her juice or pissed off the powers that be by selling out big time.

Spiderj

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have read some of her books because they contain information that relates to personal experiences, now she did a prediction on bad weather for the southern US, more hurricanes the thing is that she did it the year before, now I have seen some follow ups on her predictions and she has scored better than the average fortune teller.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
www.sylvia.org...

I saw her on Montel a few years ago answer a womans
question ... the woman adopted a daughter and took pictures
of the natural mother at the adoption. The pictures with the
natural mother didn't come out. She asked why. Sylvia said
that the woman was evil and that pictures of people who have
evil in them don't develop. Oh really ??? Then why are there
pictures of Hitler, UBL, Saddam, etc. etc.

She never mentioned 9/11 before it happened. That's
big wouldn't you think? A major psychic missing the event
that dragged the world into WWII
So ... what do you think? I think she is a useful idiot of the
dark forces. She is told things by the liar evil spirits, so that
some people will follow her and be lured into her religion
that she has invented. But I don't see her having a real
psychic gift from God.

Thoughts? Links that can talk me into thinking something else?

I.

Well I think she claims to be psychic. I am not one so can offer no confirmation one way or the other. However she is a prolific writer and acquires a great amount of money for her"skills as a self pro claimed white witch'. She caters to Hollywood Stars that are being attacked by Black Magic sometimes Voodoo or Paranoia. Sylvia counter attacks with White Magic in order to defeat and put an end to the evil spells. Call it what you like Magic or Showmanship. Whatever it is Sylvia is good at it as is reflected in her bank accounts.
Evil, define evil. For you see I believe Dubya is a useful idiot who is assisting and being manipulated by evil. And he photographs badly in my opinion and comes across not as evil but as a exceptionally stupid President.
Psychic, I feel that all living creatures are psychic and that humans have simply lost their ability to see and communicate and it lies buried within the false walls of reality.

"People who Freak are those that are unable to see beyond the construct of the World that has been created for them by those who know nothing beyond their material world" E. Mark
www.thefreedictionary.com...

Best wishes in your pursuit of Reality,

TUT

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne
I'll play devil's advocate.........Why is it that people believe psychics should always be right??? They arent any more perfect than the rest. And if you think about all the variables that could influence the outcome of any situation, even an accuracy rate of say 70% is pretty impresive in some cases. Humans for example are pretty big variables. You can almost never predict how one will react to any given situation because of emotions / environment / upbringing etc. Especially one you have never met before.

Isn't that the point of psychics? To know what's going to happen. Why pay somebody money for guessing? Hell, I'll guess stuff for money.
"You'll meet someone today with green eyes that will have a strong impact on your day, although you may not know it. Also, I believe your parents are thinking about you." $200 please.

I know you were playing devil's advocate, and so this isn't meant to offend, just respond to the statement.
And I'll admit, nobody expects them to be right all the time, but statements like Flyersfan posted about evil people not being in photographs, Carnival Cruises, being on TV.. It's all a big scam IMHO. Anyone who charges money for this kind of thing is a scam artist. That idiot John Edwards (take your pick, the 'psychic', or the baby channeler one
) is another one who get's my goat. I'd like to meet a psychic (popular) who didn't have their head between their own buttcheeks.
Maybe they do have some 'talent' but it's so pitiful and eclipsed by their own ego that it's worthless.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
While I don't see anythng wrong with taking money for someone using their gifts - there has always been something about her that creeped me out. And when I heard about the Sylvia's Ministers -- I don't know ---but that really set wrong with me.

But as far as charging a fee for services -- well, everyone has to make a living some how.

jm

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Any psychic that appears on Montel Williams' or any other daytime television show (or nighttime, or anytime, for that matter) is a fraud. In fact, anyone who claims to be a psychic openly is probably a fraud. I would imagine that any real psychic, if one were to exist, would probably be secluded, insane, locked up in an institution, etc.

The ability to read another's mind does not exist.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDead
Isn't that the point of psychics? To know what's going to happen. Why pay somebody money for guessing? Hell, I'll guess stuff for money.
"You'll meet someone today with green eyes that will have a strong impact on your day, although you may not know it. Also, I believe your parents are thinking about you." $200 please.

I know you were playing devil's advocate, and so this isn't meant to offend, just respond to the statement.

Still playing devil's advocate....
That is the point of psychics, "to know what's going to happen". The difference between a guess and a prediction / prophecy is where the info comes from. A guess comes from the guesser. A prediction doesn't actually come from the psychic. It comes from elsewhere. Some say spirit guides, some say "the other side", some say angels, and others say demons. When the information is passed to the psychic far in advance of the actual event being predicted there are more opportunities for variables to be introduced. Hence, a less than perfect accuracy rate. I read a transcript of a channeling session a friend of mine was present for. In the channeling session the "guides" predicted the possibility of a bomb exploding in the US. They actually explained what the variable was that could affect the outcome. By the end of the session they said the bomb would not explode because the variable had taken effect. This particular event might be dificult to prove as it is tough to prove a negative, except that it was on the news the next day. It was some time ago and therefore I dont remember all the details but it seems to me the variable had something to do with which person decided to drive the car. If one drove he would be nervous and speed and would get pulled over (or something to that effect) and the device would be discovered but if the other drove their mission would be successful. I'm sure it sounds crazy but I read the transcript. I saw the news. I have a friend who is a true psychic. I've seen her work. She doesn't charge but will accept gifts in whatever form including cash. What she doesn't tell anyone is she's never used the money. Every penny goes into a fund to buy a piece of property to establish a women's retreat.

Just so you know....I asked her and she believe's Sylvia does get some information from "the other side" but when she doesn't she interjects information based on her own beliefs because she worries that if she says she doesn't know she wont be able to reach those she does have information for. Just her opinion though. Not a psychic thing.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
She is a big fraud imo. She is wrong in most of her predictions. I don't even think her prediction rate is better than 20%. I say this because I have looked at the predictions she has made in the past about the following year, and most of them are not even close.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
big fraud.....no, 100 percent accurate.....no. I've followed sylvia for a while and purchased about 8 of her books. Some of the stuff jibes with me, some of it doesn't. I've moved on to more detailed material since (seth).

She charges for her service. So what? Everyone does. How is she supposed to eat? Everything that you are good at can be seen as a gift from god. If you are a compassionate person and decide to become a nurse or a doctor should you not charge people? what about an artist? Should they not charge for paintings and drawings? That's stupid. God doesn't want you to go without or to starve.

Sylvia claims to be truely psychic and she also converses with her spirit guide.

As far as her being a psychic to the stars I don't know where that comes from. I've never heard her say anything like thatt. NEither have I heard of the "white witch stuff".

The future aint completely written in stone. Somethings are going to happen no matter what for whatever reasons and some things are changeable. As far as her not being able to see 9/11 well I think you'd have to completely write off any psychic throughout history then. Where were the psychics for pearl harbour, ww1, ww2, the civil war, the rev. war, the french rev., etc. see what I mean?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
In the past it wasnt acceptable to talk of such things. A psychic would be locked up, strapped down and given shock treatments and all sorts of medications cuz...."well they must be crazy". Nowadays, honestly.... If a person came forward and said I believe the WTC will be attacked by terrorists on 9/11 they would be ridiculed at the very least and and at most interrorgated, investigated, possibly locked up. Then when it actually happened....holy cow! The accusations, humiliation, threats, etc. Even if a psychic had foreknowledge, would they? should they? speak of it????

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SethJaneRob
I've moved on to more detailed material since (seth).

Actually, what you've done is merely stepped in a deeper pile of poo! No, Seth's a good guy. He's passed through me a couple of times. Strangely, at really inopportune times, too. Like when I'm eating, or having sex. Oh well, at least he doesn't use me for long.

She charges for her service. So what? Everyone does. How is she supposed to eat? Everything that you are good at can be seen as a gift from god.

But my question is, what if that gift is ultimately deceiving others, you know, like she does?

If you are a compassionate person and decide to become a nurse or a doctor should you not charge people? what about an artist? Should they not charge for paintings and drawings?

That's absolutely true. Everyone can spend their money any way they want. I think P.T. Barnum said it best, "There's a sucker born every minute!"

Man, I just got into a lot of trouble because of a thread like this. I'm trying to be nice... how am I doing? You're not a 14 year old girl are you?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well, she claims to be accurate and accepted Randi's challenge on September 3, 2001, to be tested. She even agreed to the terms of the test.

She then reneged.
www.randi.org...

Randi's site has a lot of archival material on her (including this one where she bombs and then blames it on the fact that the audience is "Germanic") www.randi.org...

I agree that there are people who seem to have unusual abilities. But from what I've observed, Sylvia's abilities (and John Edwards' abilities) lie mainly in getting people to accept their guesses as wonderful messages from beyond.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
complete fraud. ............ still waiting for her to take up the Amazing Randi's $1MM bet for proof, in a clinical setting to measure paranormal claims, as she promised on Larry King Live about 5 years ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join