It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compassion, Apathy, and Control....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
Compassion does not lead to apathy....

I don't think anyone said it did...

Compassion without attachment and without expectation is a beautiful thing. In fact, all higher emotions of Love, Empathy, Gratitude, Respect, are all beautiful things without attachment and expectation.

Once you label one thing as "beautiful" you create "ugly". Apathy has no judgments - it simple doesn't care.

We give them just to give them because it is right and good. Not to receive anything back. The expectation of a "return" is the Ego.

Wanting to be "righteous" is also ego. Or is ego just negative things in your mind?

t is the judgments that are the illusion created by mind. Things just are.

edit on 7-9-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

You right, things just are. Live in the moment with no expectation. Beauty is everywhere. I am slowly realizing this. I am not righteous, I am exactly where I need to be. I know the Ego will always be here, it's my relationship to it that needs to change. The more I know, the more I realize I don't know anything! You said that once you label one thing beautiful that you label another ugly? this is the illusion of duality, beauty and ugly exist in us at the same time, one place, right now. I don't have all the answers, I'm just walking the path. I've learned this much this far.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

It's beautiful that people are willing to let go of beliefs in order to make such observations. Or maybe it is just my ego's perspective of "beauty".

It's all good.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

i completely understand what you are saying, but what if compassion is one of your instincts?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Your thoughts and point of view came through very well in your post.

You touched on an important part of compassion. Not every compassionate act is outwardly shown.

You compassion can be a non-action. Like, not berating the homeless man who keeps hounding you for money.

Or, not outwardly showing your displeasure at an act of idiocy you have witnessed.

All can be compassionate, and apethetic at the same time depending on the observer.

Maybe just like in quantum physics, the observer actually plays a role in the outcome.....hmmmm

~Scythe

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Star and flag, Arpgme, a deep and profound thought you have there.

Think about how Compassion has been abused. Worrying about another's feelings, you either don't want to disappoint the person or you fear judgment so you do what they say - which can lead to people who are sick with a strong desire for power to control you...

You are right on there, friend. I am a "Service to Others" type person, and when certain people see that, and know that, they quickly move to take control of one or more aspects of my life. They take advantage. Many men, and woman are actually abused over their Service to Others and Compassion for their fellow human beings.

I have learned through the years not to show my compassion to everyone, just to a selected few, and not to show a lot of emotions concerning others. I have learned not to care in the least what anyone thinks, or says about me, for a human's thoughts, and hate are all their own, not mine.
Three times in my life, everything owned by myself and family was lost, or taken away by powers beyond our control. Only by taking giant steps, and physically changing my location and Stars was I able to defeat this loss thing, and it followed a cycle too, every 10 years, give or take a few months.

Now instead of losing, I am gaining.

We just want people to like us - we just want to fit in - we just want them to be happy and avoid conflict - so we do what is 'normal' even if it is counter-intuitive (or doesn't make sense)... We can stay enslaved in this matrix by compassion - by caring that people would be sad that we are free and they aren't or trying to free everyone and therefore falling back into the trap.

Then, when normal people are suffering, people are scared to speak out...

True, everyone needs to "fit," in some way or other with their peers. But for some of us, myself inclusive, I have never seemed to fit. Always out of place, on the fringe, out of the collective. Always having thoughts that disturb others in one way or other. Walk up to someone talking on their cell and inform them they are cooking their brain with microwave radiation and watch their response.

We are all free to think any way we choose to think. This is the definition of Free will, after all. What disturbs me is when one attempts to get me to think in their way, or act in their way, dress in their way, etc. I have always been a non-conformist and a rebel against the status quo, with a rage at the masters and machines that control almost every aspect of our lives here on Earth.

What do you think about all of these things I''ve just said?

Like I said, pretty deep.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join