It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusioned Obama Supporter In Romney Ad Is Actually GOP Staffer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by stillwind
Hello kids! I know that this will blow all the conspiracy theory ladened minds out there, but what you see on television... isn't necessarily real...

I know, that's some kind of wacked out radical thinking there!, but...it's true. They really do hire actors to make commercials and ads. BTW, those people on Star Trek...they aren't really on a spaceship, either... They're actors...

It's not a conspiracy, it's just how professionals make really slick and effective ads.

One might wonder why you would take them that seriously, anyway.

It's sad and disturbing to me that Ads for the president of the USA, are handled like thier making a beer commercial, but even worse that so many just see this as "no big deal" really bothers me....Obama and Mitt are both "proven" liars and you can bet after this "rigged" election one of these nut jobs is going to lie right to our faces while they continue to pander to elite wackos hell bent on destroying America, and taking over the World.

We're in trouble folks....the contract OUR government has with Hallaburton is building fema camps as fast as they can, on our dime, of course. Obama signed executive orders giving the president authority to declare marshall law at HIS discretion, and you can bet that there is some sinister sh*t being planned. Our fate is in the hands of liars and criminals.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Do you believe that the policies under one candidate will be roughly identical? If you answer "yes," then I honestly suggest saving the gas it would take to get to the polling place.

If you answer "no," then the repugnant and difficult work of choosing the "better" one begins. Which way are you leaning now?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Do you believe that the policies under one candidate will be roughly identical? If you answer "yes," then I honestly suggest saving the gas it would take to get to the polling place.

If you answer "no," then the repugnant and difficult work of choosing the "better" one begins. Which way are you leaning now?

That's a good question, and one I have given much thought to. My original plan was to write in Ron Paul, knowing full well it would invalidate my ballot...but it was a matter of "principal" for me. I have decided now that I will vote for Gary Johnson, and I hope other Ron Paul supporters will follow suit.

I believe Ron Paul had much more support then we were "lead" to believe, and I would Love to see a strong support for a third party upset the election, and hopefully make some kind of statement that we are sick of this false illusion the Dems and GOP are not working for the exact same banking and corporate interests.

It's really interesting, a few years back I was thumbing through a book at my Mom's house, and it broke down what contributions all the powerful corporations had given in the last election, and you know, the majority were giving equal amounts to both parties...that told me alot.

How about you, may I ask who your leaning toward?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
"Inclan began her current RNC post in January 2012, and has worked in Republican politics since well before Obama’s 2008 election. She did Hispanic outreach for Rick Scott’s 2010 Florida gubernatorial race worked on Capitol Hill for Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart (R-FL), Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (R-MI) and as national executive director of the Republican National Hispanic Assembly."

Sounds like a smart lady with communication skills and looks - script acting - maybe she was reading a letter, like all the ones Barack got in the White House during the HC "Debate".
edit on 7-9-2012 by bettndon because: Saw the pay record to the original post showing her COP record going back to 2003.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Stars for you just exposing the ATSers defending/justifying their sleaze. Also for revealing those "but they do it too!!!" false equivalentcy.
All Obama needs is this commercial and it's all over:

www.gotchamediablog.com...

Or

www.youtube.com...

After seeing this even Republicans will vote Obama.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Well which is it - she was a Republican staffer all the way back to 2003, or an Obama supporter in 2008?

The two aren't mutually exclusive. She could have easily been a Republican staffer, but chose to vote for Obama in 2008. That's not to say that there's no dishonesty in the way its presented, mind you, but its not necessarily an outright lie.

Both sides do this type of thing all the time.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by travisirius

Loved the first one, LOL, but your second video was deleted from YouTube.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Hey boss, I'm a life long republican, former military, all that.

Guess who I voted for in 2008...

First, and probably only time I voted Dem.

Doesn't matter who pays you, or which party you claim to be a part of... In America, you can vote for ANYONE.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This is being blown way out of proportion. The woman in the ad is not giving her personal testimony; she's acting. So who cares if she's an RNC staffer?

Let's make a comparison between this and Obama's "Republican Women for Obama" ad. In Obama's ad, several allegedly Republican women talked about how they're now going to be voting Obama. It turns out that several of those women were actually registered Democrats who are long-time supporters of the Obama campaign.

Romney's ad isn't comparable. She's not offering personal opinions, she's playing a role designed to represent the average American who's disillusioned with Obama's policies.

In short, there's no controversy here.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Commercials are often misrepresentations of the truth, as they exist to bring people to an opinion they might not have come to. It's important to keep in mind that ALL advertising is just that. No garuntee of unbiased truth, just pretty pictures.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Breitbart.com is making a huge deal out of an ad featuring 'disillusioned' GOP voters - implying that these are all "lifelong registered Democrats in disguise". Without any proof, just innuendo.

I wonder why they are so mum about this ad, featuring a 'disillusioned' Obama supporter', when it can be PROVEN she is a shill, and a paid RNC staffer to boot.

My guess is the right-wing doesn't like to be caught in their own lies and hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Dear MountainLaurel,

Thanks for your honest and thoughtful answer.

I have three answers to the question of my vote this year. One is very short, one is longer and more involved, and one is more emotional, personal, and less logical. But they all end up at the same place.

Either Obama or Romney will be president. I think there is at least some difference in their policies. For whatever reason (and there are many) Obama has not been succesful. I don't think his policies will change much in the next four years. Oddly enough, I think Romney gets the mantle of "Hope and Change."

That was the short answer. Hope your day is beautiful.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Well which is it - she was a Republican staffer all the way back to 2003, or an Obama supporter in 2008? Which version you believe depends on just how much of a mental contortionist you are willing to become to believe the ad as it is presented. Or you can look at reality - which is she is simply lying in a clumsily-executed campaign ad.

Yeah I don't think you realize how many Republicans actually voted for the BIGGEST LIAR of them all, Obama.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by travisirius

That one had me laughing.

No not truck nuts.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Once again a political campaign blatantly lies to people's faces. And once again no one cares, because no matter how many times both parties and myriad politicians from every corner of the political spectrum set out to deceive them, they still feel compelled to choose the lesser of several evils. Because that's just what's done.

But I don't have the right to complain if I don't vote. Uh huh. Right.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
At least in commercials featuring a person talking about the product or service, they put disclaimers stating "Paid actor" in the corner. By not doing so, they realize they are giving false testimonials and could get nailed for it later by consumers. If they do not do so, they are lying to you.

The RNC is lying in this ad by not putting that disclaimer in and if there were so many "former Obama supporters" out there that are voting for Romney this time, why use a staffer? Just find one of the "real ones" to do it. No, this is a blatant falsehood perpetuated upon the American public and no amount of spinning can change that. The RNC and Romney are either bald-faced liars or too lazy to actually do the right thing. Neither speaks well of them.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts.......geez.....time will tell I guess....
Although I hate the idea, if I had to bet, my guess is Obama will be re-elected.....we'll have to compare notes again after the election.....

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Doesn't this type of stuff happen often?

From both sides?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I don't know...
Show me democrats doing something like that.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I mean, 'cmon, at least NIxon tried to bury Watergate. He assumed that the citizens were smart enough to warrant a defense and cover up strategy. These days it's like they don't even care about high quality corruption any longer. This is like McDonalds level corruption.

The politicians are operating in a different climate than Nixon. The electorate is so partisan and divided that they have less obligation to honesty and integrity. The average voter is simply much less likely to care and much more wed to thier idealogy.

Add to that an eviscerated media who is "Woodward and Bernstien" when it comes to uncovering when a politician is screwing his intern or when someone lies about his marathon time, but criminaly incompetent and journalistically impotent at reporting important lies like there being no sound evidence for invading Iraq....

Why wouldn't politicians lie?...Neither the media nor the people seem to care....unless of course the lie can be used to further the partisan divide...and further the very climate where folks care even less.

Everyone does it....is a retort heard far to often on ATS and everyplace else...

The truth is the truth even if no one hears it, and a lie is a lie even if everyone is dishonest.
edit on 11-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Is it possible that she was a Republican but was one of the many swept up in the excitement of his campaign and now regrets it? I don't know. I just like looking for alternatives.

Dear Charles....

NO...it is not possible...she was working for John McCain when President Obama was elected as her LinkedIn profile boasts...

Bettina Inclan

Regional Victory Director
Republican Party of Florida

July 2008– November 2008 (5 months)

Responsible for day to day activities of the McCain/Palin campaign and major Republican efforts, U.S. Congress and state legislature, in Miami-Dade and Monroe counties with a population over 2.5 million via RPOF's Victory Program.

www.linkedin.com/in/bettinainclan

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join